X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by anubisa View Post
    The Sacred Tradition in Ancient Egypt.
    That has been on my shelf for a while. I was a little put off by all the names being different, but one day I'll get around to it. I liked Ellis' Imagining the World into Existence, which often read more like poetry than prose. Probably my favorite recent esoteric read was Dominguez' Casting Sacred Space.

"No, no, you're not thinking; you're just being logical." -- Niels Bohr

Comment

20,000 Secrets of Tea. It packs a punch so far.
      "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

So my audiobook listening has been a bit slower due to very short work commute. So I'm down for now listening while on the laptop and doing chores and while in bed.

I am still listening to V Wars. It's like 2 more hours to the end and i'm sorta meh ok about it. But I did just finish an awesomely cheesy (though it's supposed to be a seriouz buznazz haunted house book) called The Demon of Brownville. Think Amityville only funnier (it's not supposed to be. But when you think you can chase away a demon with the looping of the video The Passion of the Christ, well you got problems)

Anyways I am also now listening to Joe McKinney's Apocalypse of the Dead.

Back to da zombies!
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I am reading The Hammer of God by Karen Miller, and listening to The Art of Asking by Amanda Palmer (I read it once, but now I'm relistening to it at the gym when I work out).

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            looping of the video The Passion of the Christ, well you got problems)
            That's......

Yeah, I don't really have words for that. I'm gonna go find brain bleach now.
            life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I'm currently reading "the Dark Witch" trilogy, by Nora Roberts. After it, I may find myself again reading Juliet Marillier (my favourite author).

Comment

"Walking the Worlds" I just got the first in what will be twice a year journal on spirit work and polytheism.

Comment

Just finished Tithe last night. Reading The Pagan Mysteries of Halloween today, and going to pick up the sequels to Tithe on Monday.

Comment

I've been reading about urban farming and raising backyard chickens. Also Opening Up about poly relationships. And for fun going through my Nora Roberts collection.
                    We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                    It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                    Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                    -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I'm still listening to my Apocalpyse of the Dead. But I did a quick 4 hours mini audiobook called Zombie Autopsies. Oh yeah. I'm full zombie mode!
                      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I'm bouncing my way through a small pile of books right now:

1. Born to Win, by James and Jongeward: It's a book I found at a thrift store for a $1, so it's pretty old and I'm only on chapter one right now, but it looks promising as a self help type book.

2. Paradise Lost, by John Milton: It's been on my bookcase forever, but I keep putting off reading it. I decided recently that I want to read more of the classics, so I'm working on this one right now.

3. Art and Fear, by Bayles and Orland: I've read this book before and like it, but this time I'm going back through it and highlighting my favorite parts and making notes in the margins. When I'm feeling blocked creatively, sometimes reading through this book helps.

4. Transformation, by Carol Berg: I've also read this one before; it's one of my favorites. It's a fun comfort read. It's got a nice bro-mance theme going on and magic and demons and fantastic landscapes... love it

5. The Inner Temple of Witchcraft, by Christopher Penczak: I've been reading this one for a while now and I'm almost done. Great book and great exercises for increasing your technical skills at witchcraft.

Comment

Originally posted by Ljubezen View Post
                          Just finished Tithe last night. Reading The Pagan Mysteries of Halloween today, and going to pick up the sequels to Tithe on Monday.
                          Finished the Pagan Mysteries of Halloween.

Thinking of reading more into the Irish type faeries in general.

Comment

Right now I'm reading Way of Kings by Brandon Sanderson. He also wrote Mist Born and I loved the series.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Finished Valiant (sequel to tithe), haven't found a copy of the third book in the series yet.

Comment

The "Odd Thomas" series by Dean Koontz.

I watched the movie and enjoyed it, so I cracked the book. This is a really entertaining series.
                                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
                                X