X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Whats everyone reading now or read lately

Originally posted by GypsySeaWitch View Post
    Currently reading Celtic Magic by DJ Conway. Have owned it for almost 10 years and never picked it up to read until now.
    That sounds really interesting. Is it good?

Comment

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
      That sounds really interesting. Is it good?
      I own a copy of that book, and to be honest, I think it's crap. It's just Wicca 101 with a pinch of Druidry thrown in.
      Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
      -Erik Erikson

Comment

Huh, well that's a waste of perfectly good premise :/ Thanks for the info.

Comment

I just finished re-reading "Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy". Can't beat it

Now I'm reading the my way through the Belgariad again before reading some David Eddings work that I've never read before x
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I just finished reading Living Wicca by Scott Cunningham. I totally finished The Gathering by Kelly Armstrong before that.

Pretty good books.
            Kemetic Blog - http://www.inspiringrainbow.wordpress.com

Bring your grains of Salt.

Comment

Reading several different books.

The one I read on the bus: "The Alchemist: The Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel" by Michael Scott

Frequently reading: "Azrael Loves Chocolate, Michael's a Jock" by Chantel Lysette

Study Books: "Encyclopedia of Angels" by Richard Webster and "The Dictionary of Demons" by Michelle Belanger

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post

Now I'm reading the my way through the Belgariad again before reading some David Eddings work that I've never read before x
                The very first 'adult' fantasy novel I ever read. I was 10.

I've read it once more since then, and yeah. David Eddings = boss! I've got 18 of his books, lol...

Mostly art.

Comment

Right now I'm reading a parenting book called The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children by Ross Nichols, Evolutionary Witchcraft by T Thorne Coyle (again), and a random trashy romance novel for the fluff factor.

*there are no scifi/fant books out right now that look interesting
                  Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                  sigpic

Comment

Today I got out of work a bit early and decided to walk in the Winter mess a block to the massive library by my work. I read a good portion of Wicca: A guide for the Solitary Practitioner. I know it's very basic but its always nice to read a book you've never glanced at before, and find conclusions and thoughts I had come to naturally along my path. It's comforting to find they way I think, and the conclusion I sometimes come to are very natural and universal (I use that term losely) and have been for quiet some time .

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
                      David Eddings = boss! I've got 18 of his books, lol...
                      I was so so gutted when he died! One of my favourite authors easily! Second to Tolkien only! x
                      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I'm actually re-reading the Belgarath/Polgara books atm. He has a lot of flaws in his writing, but when all's said and done they're seriously addictive.

Also just finished: http://www.amazon.com/The-Reluctant-.../dp/0156034026

Didn't quite go where I expected, but still a really interesting read, it's nice to get a different perspective on world events.

Comment

Originally posted by callmeclemens View Post
                          The Druidry Handbook
                          Tell me about this?

Currently, I'm revisiting Robin Hobbs, the Golden Fool. Even though The Fool is not the main character, he is the most complex and intriguing character I've had the pleasure of reading. Robin Hobbs is a reflective story-teller who writes fantasy in plain english. Her books often contain profound paragraphs that challenge me to see the world from a totally new perspective.

Comment

American Sniper by Chris Kyle, It's his autobiography and I've wanted to read it since it was released.
                            Just finished re-reading Sliverlock by John Meyers Meyers.
                            Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Reading now:

On Violence by Hannah Arendt

Political theorist Hannah Arendt intelligently examines the relationship between power and violence. I've just started it and it's quite a fascinating read.

Comment

Blood of Crows - Can't remember who it's by, sorry! It's a Scottish crime thriller
                                "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                                - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
                                X