X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Parenting Debate: To Snip or no?

Originally posted by AdamKane View Post
    I like the way ancient Greece and Rome handled this subject: If your snipped your son, you would be executed.
    That's because they didn't like Jews.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
      well who would have thought the Romans the Greeks and the early 90's Germans had something in common lmao (i know bad joke but i had to >_> sorry in advance)

- - - Updated - - -

early 1940's (sometimes I truly hate my keyboard)

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        Or maybe they saw it for the sick, barbaric practice that it is. It is sexual and physical abuse.
        I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Originally posted by AdamKane View Post
          Or maybe they saw it for the sick, barbaric practice that it is.

I doubt it. The Greeks and the Romans had plenty of sick, barbaric practices. Starting with slavery. And, in the slavery vs circumcision debate, slavery wins.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
            I doubt it. The Greeks and the Romans had plenty of sick, barbaric practices. Starting with slavery. And, in the slavery vs circumcision debate, slavery wins.
            Yeah... Romans... Aren't they the ones who considered importing wild animals, tormenting them into a frenzy, and then watching them rip unarmed men, women, and children into shreds the highest form of popular entertainment?

And didn't they adopt the worship of Cybele, who's priests were required to castrate themselves?

And wasn't "eunuch" a job description in Rome?

I hardly think nipping off a bit of foreskin would have made them quiver, unless you mean "barbarian" in it's original sense (blablabla - one who doesn't speak Latin, i.e. : isn't Roman... like... uhm... the Jews...).

AdamKane, you crack me up, you're a card...

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Lilium of the Valley View Post
            well who would have thought the Romans the Greeks and the early 90's Germans had something in common lmao (i know bad joke but i had to >_> sorry in advance)

- - - Updated - - -

early 1940's (sometimes I truly hate my keyboard)
            Yes - all those eagles on European flags, the Russian Czar (Caesar), 1500 years of European imperialism, as well as hatred of Jews (who were, theoretically conquered, but still a royal pain in the arse, and even incorporated animosity toward Rome into their religion), is the heritage of Rome.
            Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Wow. This pointless rhetoric is *still* going on?

Barbaric sexual abuse? LMAO!!!!

I just love the complete lack of anything, even remotely, resembling intelligence or even logic there. Well done.

/sarcasm

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

I just like reading the huffiness in the posts.
                Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have ... FIVE sons. Yes 5 no daughters, my husband made all boys (yes he is overly proud of himself). All of them got circumcised by his request. I would have been happy leaving my baby boys alone, but he wanted it. He is circumcised and isn't one of those guys who think part of his manhood was removed by the surgery.

They are all productive men, yes men I was married at 15 and had my first child at 16 (I know BARBARISM!! GRRR HOW COULD YOU MARRY SO YOUNG!! I'm still hopelessly in love with my husband get over it) my oldest is 25 my youngest is 19. Yes I had babies one right after the other till my husband got a vasectomy.

Which he believes again, did not compromise his manhood.

My sons are happy, healthy and my eldest is about to make me a grandma, his wife is due in on Christmas (that poor child, my daughter in law is a Christian, and I hope she doesn't do the Birthday Christmas thing with my grandbaby) and I'm oh so excited (sarcasm kinda I really am excited for the Crone step in life even if I'm still able to have babies).

But really having the tip clipped didn't prevent me from being a VERY young mother, nor has it kept my sons from being men that have no need to prove they are men (if you get what I'm saying).

Comment

Originally posted by KahlanAmnell View Post
                    I like the way ancient Greece and Rome handled this subject: If your snipped your son, you would be executed.

Well, Greece had the right idea. And as for Rome, they were corrupt savages and did nothing right.
                    "As long as humans continue to be the ruthless destroyer of other beings, we will never know health or peace. For as long as people massacre animals, they will kill each other. Indeed, those who sow the seed of murder and pain will never reap joy or love." - Pythagoras

"I too shall lie in the dust when I am dead, but now let me win noble renown." - Homer, The Iliad

Comment

Originally posted by Watchful Overseer View Post
                      Well, Greece had the right idea. And as for Rome, they were corrupt savages and did nothing right.
                      You should be careful making such inaccurate blanket statements.

Comment

Maybe it's my lack of a penis, but I don't understand why this topic generates such dramatic fury on both sides of the debate. I mean, I've got my own feelings about it, but I'm failing to see how it can be such a huge freaking deal as to call it barbarism deserving of execution.

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                          Maybe it's my lack of a penis, but I don't understand why this topic generates such dramatic fury on both sides of the debate. I mean, I've got my own feelings about it, but I'm failing to see how it can be such a huge freaking deal as to call it barbarism deserving of execution.
                          For me, I get ticked off when people with extremist views attempt to use moral superiority to force their will into places they have no business being - my private life, and that of my family.

What people choose to do in this case is up to them, and off no interest to me.

I do not, however, enjoy being demonized.

(AlthoughI admit to being a barbarian.

Corbin the Barbarian has a nice ring to it, you have to admit... )

Oh, and P.S. I don't like hearing my parents accused of "child abuse" by people who have never met them and know nothing what so ever about them. Insult me if someone wants to, and I'll laugh it off, but, because I'm a barbarian someone doesn't want to go around insulting my mom & dad. That seems to be a bad line to cross. Just sayin'.
                          Last edited by B. de Corbin; 24 Nov 2013, 17:21.

Comment

Either you are Hitler or a Hippy. There seems to be no in between. Meh.
                            Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                              Either you are Hitler or a Hippy. There seems to be no in between. Meh.
                              Yup. Pretty much sums it up. Nobody wants to rely on facts, either way. Just accusations, excuses, flaming, baiting, ridiculing and all manner of primitive behavior.

Thanks to Godwin, I can now lock this inflammatory piece of shit.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Working...
                              X