Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do you have a bucket list?

If you do, share!

I guess I do, but it's not formal or written down. In my head I have more of a list of things I always wanted to do, but I don't like the idea of thinking of it as "things I'd like to do before I die" sort of thing....in fact I hope I do most of them far before I die, while I'm still young and have loads of energy, or before my tastes change and the desire to do different things kicks in.

Re: Do you have a bucket list?

Hmm...good question.
    Mine's pretty simple and short (this is off the top of my head, anyway)

Go to a foreign country
    Actually be in a relationship
    get published
    Um...I can't really think of much else...I'm boring...:P

Comment

Not a real written list, but in an attempt to take a reprieve from my frantic packing for France I can spew out a couple items:

- go skydiving
      - be trilingual
      - see the north and south poles
      - have a degree
      - climb everest base camp
      - climb killimanjaro
      - cycle a century run
      - win a bike race
      - go to space (you can laugh, but if this is possible before I die, it will be happening regardless of cost)

...yeah, I don't really do anything not-adventure related, apparently.

Mostly art.

Comment

-Travel, including at least one place it scares me a little to go, like Africa, India, or Southeast Asia.
        -Spend a significant period of time in Japan with L
        -Own a plot of land large enough to keep goats, chickens, flower and vegetable gardens, and an orchard
        -Own my own restaurant
        -work as an undertaker and embalmer
        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

- have my own solo art exhibition
          - travel all around Britain and Ireland before seeing the rest of the world
          - See the rest of the world
          - finish and publish my book.
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I never wrote my list down either, but I can come up with a few off the top of my head:

- See the northern lights.
            - Complete 3 treks- Inca Trail (Peru), Kilimanjaro (Tanzania), and Everest Base Camp (Nepal).
            - Go on an African safari.
            - Have my picture taken on a camel in front of the Giza Pyramids.
            - Keep some chickens in my backyard.
            - Continue to have a home full of adopted animals.
            - Start my own small business.
            "Gardens are not made by singing "Oh, how beautiful," and sitting in the shade." - Rudyard Kipling

Mathbatu: A Canaanite Polytheist's Blog
            Sparrow Wings: A Personal Blog

Comment

1. Go to Ireland and see where my ancestors come from.
              2. Go to Wales and Scotland.
              3. See Stonehenge.
              4. Fly fish some of the famous rivers out west.
              5. Move closer to Corbin.
              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

travel mostly... All over Europe, Egypt, South and Central America, Japan...

Kinda thinkin bout goin to the Kennedy Space Center while they're doing this one drawing... chance to win a trip... TO SPACE!

I wanted to be an anthropologist, that got screwed by a teacher that didnt want any competition for his job. greedy bastard sabotaged me.
                "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

The only one on my list I haven't gotten to yet is "Learn Latin."

But I just added "Move further away from Monk."

Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Grr...lost my post

I have a list, but like many it's not written down. I have been crossing a few things off of my list during my Motorcycle Trip (www.roknrol.info) and have actually found a few new things that I didn't know I wanted to do until I did them

I'm in a new country (Canada), will be traveling across the continent, will be able to finally see the East Coast (NYC, Boston, DC, etc...the history is just plain awesome ) Saw my hometown (which I said I would never return to) 10 years after leaving, made an apology that was 20 years overdue, and hell...I'm traveling around 15k miles on a motorcycle with minimal funds and an extreme lack of knowledge about...well...everything, really. I'm meeting people from ALL walks of life - Transients to Professionals and everything in-between.

For those that would like to know the specifics, please check the blog - it's helping fund the trip, and while the money is accumulating, the more people that check out the site (and perchance, click the banner ads) the more help I'll get. It doesn't cost anything but a few minutes of your time (besides, I like to think that my writing is entertaining enough for a quick glance )

I've got a couple of videos up on the blog (please don't link them directly if you'd like others to see them - just link to the blog site so that I can get the revenue from the traffic) which are interesting - one involving a baby fawn and one with a black bear that I managed to get about 30 feet from

Comment

I do! It's not written down, but maybe I should.

The things that I can think of right now:

- Climb a mountain
                      - Learn American sign language
                      - Adopt at least one older child
                      - Travel around the world
                      Leah: The Kind Weight Watcher (vegan WW blog)

"Yesterday is already a dream and tomorrow is only a vision, but today, well-lived, makes every yesterday a dream of happiness and every tomorrow a vision of hope." --Sanskrit

Comment

I started writing mine down last night while killing time...I'll post it at the blog at some point, but not just yet

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
                          The only one on my list I haven't gotten to yet is "Learn Latin."

But I just added "Move further away from Monk."

You've been trying that for over thirty years and I still find you. Besides You tend to attract bears and I just want to cut the ride time down by a couple of hours.
                          Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Off the top of my head (there will be more posts later)
                            Travel:
                            -Barcelona
                            -Stockholm
                            -Copenhagen
                            -Spanish, Italian, French countryside
                            -Lisbon
                            -Every major city in Italy
                            -The rest of Greece (I've been to Athens, but I've of course go again)
                            -St Petersberg
                            -The rest of the UK
                            -The rest of Ireland
                            -Montreal
                            -NYC
                            -Australia
                            -New Zealand
                            -Japan
                            -India
                            -Brazil
                            -Argentina

OK....maybe let's just say, for the sake of time saving, that if I haven't been there, I want to go, unless it's a war zone. Or the Northwest Territories...to be honest I really don't care if I go there.

I'd like to cycle to at least a couple of the above places, or through them.

Publish something offline (I've already had some online content paid and posted).

Sing in front of over 1000 people (already done several hundred).

get married to someone amazing (this is pretty much #1 actually). Make my own wedding dress

master cake decorating

successfully grow spinach (something keeps eating it, several years in a row!)

learn the mandolin

make scrapbooks of all my photos, ticket stubs, VIP passes, and all that jazz from my first few years in Germany.

Comment

I would like to travel to Europe and Japan
                              I would like to start and publish a book
                              I would like to finish college
                              I want to see my kids be successful

Comment

Working...
                              X