Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Workin' da bees

Step 1:Step 2:Step 3:Step 4:Step 5:Step 6:
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: Workin' da bees

You'll need to show them how to bear proof the hives also. I don't think my neighbors would like me keeping bee's around no mater how beneficial they are (the bee's not the neighbors) to our world.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Actually, I'll need to have somebody show me how to bear proof them first, since my tricks aren't working so good.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

May I suggest you try anti-tank mines.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

There are some folks around here who do this, and they sell honey at the local farmers market. It was the first time I ever saw a jar of honey with a piece of the comb in it! One time someone brought in a big (about a foot square) piece of the actual honeycomb, which was really neat to see!
          As for the bees themselves, I'm allergic. I like carpenter bees though - they hover as if saying hello and don't bother anyone.
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I actually do know bee keepers who are alergic to bee stings - they carry the eppie pens with them, and avoid getting stung. This wouldn't work for me... I'm not a very graceful beekeeper, and I tend to get stung at least once every time I work the bees. When I put the hive body (for which I was making the frames in the essay), I figured I could get in, add the box, check on the queen quickly without using the smoker.

Turned out I was wrong - as soon as I cracked open the hive, I was assaulted by about 20 or 30 bees stinging me through my pants. I had to beat an inelligant retreat and git the smoker.

Ouchy!

If you enjyed the honeycomb, Hawkfeathers, you should show up when somebody is drawing the honey. It's such a messy job that you end up with your arms and hands covered with a thick layer of sticky honey.

Comment

Working...
            X