WWYD job ultimatum?? maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WWYD job ultimatum?? maybe

ok so to kind of readers digest this i want to just make this into a vague question,

if your boss is yelling at you for something you didnt do would you take it to keep some simple liberties you are given (i.e. cell phone usage. leaniency on clock in times.. being minutes late and whatnot) or do you stand up for yourself and risk having those liberties taken away?

this is nothing job threatening so either way i still have a job.

what do you guys think?
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

Re: WWYD job ultimatum?? maybe

My boss is known to blame people or say people are doing something incorrectly alot. I just think of my nail pink nail polish or what I'm having for lunch. I realize the reason it's being done is to dump their crap on me. I am not a toilet. So I make sure to not take with me the rest of the day. I seriously just nod my head and tune it all out.
    Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

If I can definitively prove that it was not me (which, in my work environment, I can - no one else leaves notes on everything they touch, but I do, and I know how to use the auditing tools made available to me) then yes, I will stand my ground. But I don't do it in a screamy blamey way - I wait for the fumes to clear & then show them, hey, I didn't do this.

Of course, it is my job to reveal and report the mistakes other people have made to management, so it puts me in an odd position anyway.
      The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I'm not a big fan of taking the blame for things I didn't do so I'd stand up for myself regardless of the consequences....but that is me

Comment

Depends on the circumstances and how annoyed I am with the boss that day. My last job, no not normally. If a problem was brought to my attention then either I made the mistake or a subordinate of mine did so the responsibility of fixing it was still mine. I didn't accept blame for owner screw-ups but subordinates could generally rely on me not sending the owners after them unless their screw-ups were both regular and rapidly annoying me. Before that, I'd hear out the owner's problems and handle things on my own later or inform the part timer of how they would be altering their activities.
          life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Depends on circumstances but in general I'd say something like "If my taking the fall for this is important in some way to the company, I will, but we both know I didn't do it.", in a very conspiriatory, nudge-nudge-wink-wink type of demeanor.
            sigpic
            Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

I'm known for taking a stand in this type of situation regardless of the consequences. And yes it has bitten me in/on the ass on more than a few occasions, but it is not something I would change about myself.
              Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Working...
              X