What is your favorite season and why?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is your favorite season and why?

Post your favorite season and tell why it is your favorite.

My favorite is autumn. I love how it's still warm in autumn but cool enough that it's comfortable. I love the smell of cinnamon during this time. And of course there's Halloween during this time, which is a huge plus because Halloween is my favorite holiday. Nature becomes a wonderful blend of brown, orange, red and yellow. Overall, autumn creates a beautiful aura.

Re: What is your favorite season and why?

I'm in agreement about Autumn. Autumn here in Vegas is short compared with most of the other states (it generally runs from mid-October to late November, only sometimes starting in late September), but we have the nicest weather. The sky becomes this amazing shade of blue, the few deciduous trees change colors and the leaves start being blown around, it's warm in the afternoon & gets chilly after the sun sets, and the sunlight has a golden tone and slants through windows in just the right way.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I don't really have a favourite season, so I'll tell you what I like about all four of them.

Winter: Coming from Vancouver, our winter is a bit pathetic, but... the first snowfall of the season. The opening of the ski hills. The way the sky gets that pale blue hue that only happens when it's cold out. Seeing my breath. Wearing a toque. Hot chocolate and marshmallows and good books and getting toasty near the fire. (I'm ignoring the two and a half months of straight rain here...)

Spring: The green buds of the trees. Spring rain - it's better than winter rain because it's warmer. The days getting longer (aka earlier sunrises)

Summer: The heat, sweating, and browning skin.

Autumn: Crunchy leafy piles in the yard. Red maples. The beginning of the chill in the air. Seeing your breath again. Being just cold enough to wear a sweater. The way the air smells.

Mostly art.

Comment

Summer is my favourite and the only one I truly like. I'm just only really warm over 25 Celsius and I need lots of sunshine. Summer is the best time ever...I just wish we actually had one this year...

Spring is ok, because we tend to have sunny springs in Berlin. It's also passable because days are longer than nights still. Not quite warm enough though most of the time, but sometimes it gets there.

I don't really like autumn, but I like fall fashion. Otherwise though not a fan. It's too dark, days are too short, it's too cold. I usually spend a lot of it ill because my body doesn't like the drop in daylight hours much and it starts getting cold so when I go out people are smoking inside (no smoking ban here) and since I'm allergic I react. I think I'd like it better if I were somewhere warmer, but it's too far north here and it just gets too cold. It can get below zero already, especially in October and November. Occasionally we have Indian Summers and it's warm into the first week of October and that's ok, but when the temperature drops and the sunlight goes away, I hate it a lot.

Winter can go shove it. I hate winter and everything about it except Christmas and skiing....and you can't even ski here because it's flat. Winter in Berlin is DEPRESSING. It's further north than where I'm from in Canada (I know, shocker) so the days are just a tad shorter, it's GREY, there are almost no evergreens so it looks dead, the air sucks because so many morons still burn coal for heat (and Germans like to think they're so environmental....fail right there). Worst season ever. Plus, it's COLD, and if there's anything I hate more than anything, it's being cold.

Sometimes, I wonder why I didn't move to Australia. Their winter strongly resembles the summer we're having, and I could deal with that if that's the worst the weather ever got (but feel depressed that it's happening when it's supposed to be hot out)
        Last edited by DanieMarie; 01 Aug 2011, 21:31.

Comment

Like V, I don't have a favorite season...I have parts of seasons that I don't like and parts that I adore.
          Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
          sigpic

Comment

I have different things I love, too...but winter here is hard, and I'm not used to it. It's going to take some work to show it some love. Last year was pretty miserable.
            Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I love all the seasons, can't move somewhere that doesn't have them all but my fav is Fall and second best is Spring!

Comment

Fall or spring, I hate summer temperatures and while I can handle winter better than summer, it's generally just cold and boring around here in winter.
                life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

I love Spring, because of all the Daffodils I love them, they're so pretty And it's when nature starts to blossom and the grass turns green, crisp air but slightly warmer than winter which is good for my allergies. The only down-side is the pollen starts to come out which spark off more allergies
                  "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                  - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Amelia-Mary View Post
                    I love Spring, because of all the Daffodils I love them, they're so pretty And it's when nature starts to blossom and the grass turns green, crisp air but slightly warmer than winter which is good for my allergies. The only down-side is the pollen starts to come out which spark off more allergies
                    I can't wait for dandelions next year! I've been craving them all day, they are SO delicious. Dandelion Fritters ---- nummy!!!!

Comment

They sound delicious! I just love decorating my bedroom with daffys, Usually I grow them myself, not sure about this year though, No space for them :/
                      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Fall. Because here the nights get that cool crisp tang to them and the leaves turn their vibrant colors. The fishing gets better and it seems to me things start to slow down just a little.
                        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

It's an awful confession to make, I know, but I love whichever season I happen to be in at the moment.
                          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Sprall We don't really have a summer it lasts like 4 days if you blink you missed it. From the beginning of May till mid October it's absolutely gorgeous here. Nights rarely get above 60 degrees, and the days are between 60 and 85.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGarnetRose View Post
                              Sprall We don't really have a summer it lasts like 4 days if you blink you missed it. From the beginning of May till mid October it's absolutely gorgeous here. Nights rarely get above 60 degrees, and the days are between 60 and 85.
                              No real summer? I may have to move off the coastline in a few years.
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Working...
                              X