This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Love Spells

Post any love spells and ideas for love spells you might have as a resource in this thread. Also, if you have a request for assistance with a love spell, post it here.
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Love Spells

as I was digging in Yahoo's cache and discovered the pre-crash version of this thread, I came across this gem of an entry from Rok:
    Ok, this is a spell that takes quite a bit of preparation, however it's well worth it and it's GUARANTEED to work!

Step 1: Spend some time with literature. Real books, not just comics and fantasy novels. Read something with some depth.

Step 2: Brush up on your manners. Don't chew with your mouth open, don't talk with your mouth full, don't pick your nose, let the other people that you're around talk without cutting them off, and generally don't be a jerk.

Step 3: Brush up on your teeth...halitosis is a killer!

Step 4: Bathe. Petchuli oil may cover up alot, but it still smells like crap.

Step 5: Don't try to be coy and don't try to play games. They'll *always* get you into trouble if you don't know how to do it right - most people don't.

Step 6: Go somewhere that the opposite sex is. Bars, arcades, museums, the beach, etc.

Step 7: Talk to the opposite sex. In my experience this is the one thing that *most* people looking for love don't do nearly often enough.

A joke? Hardly. I know that after I got married I started getting hit on alot more...and I'm pretty sure that the other married couples in here will probably agree with me. Why? Is it because as a married man I'm "safe"? Could be, but I'm willing to bet that after I got married I stopped feeling "pressure" about how the other person would deal with me...there was none of the, "OMG, are they going to like me? What if she's a nutcase?!?!"...simply because I already found what I was looking for and anyone that was crazy wasn't likely to be around me much anyway, and it would be *impossible* for me to have a relationship with them.

Yeah, yeah, I know this is supposed to be for spells. IMO try the above steps first...

Post by: Roknrol on July 22, 2006, 01:00:18 AM

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

More from Yahoo's pre-crash cache...
      A ritual I used in high school that was VERY successful for me in bringing someone to me was one that was very simple, and actually quite easy.

1) I gathered my materials. A piece of parchment paper, red ink, a small red velvet bag, a small piece of rose quartz, and some petals from dried roses I had in my basement.

2) What I had done was written on the paper with the red ink a lot of personality traits and romantic ideals I had going for me. For instance, I wrote down things like
      * "Creativity"
      * "Hopeless Romantic"
      * "Outspoken"
      * "Honest"
      With each stroke of the ink, I empowered it with the certain ideal or trait that I was writing.

3) When I had finished compiling a list of good traits about myself, I rolled the small piece of parchment up and placed it inside the small red velvet pouch. I had taken the dried rose petals and placed a few in the bag too, along with the rose quartz that I had charged with loving energy.

4) As I placed each item in the bag, I stated out loud:
      "With this charm I ask for it to bring me luck in finding someone to love me. I pray that this charm draws people to me who take an interest in the traits I have written. May this charm help bring me love at the will of another, and not by forcing their will upon them to do so."

5) I sealed the pouch and for the few days or so I carried it everywhere with me. I carried it in my pocket at school and slept with it under my pillow at night. I eventually forgot about it (set it and forget it!) until a week later I was brought into a new relationship.

I am not saying that this ritual may be right for you, and you might have some ideas to make it better. But I figured I would at least post it to give others an idea of something that works for me.

Post by: Raowen Blackbird on January 30, 2007, 12:16:34 AM
      sigpic

Comment

More from Yahoo's pre-crash cache...
        With a red pen, write on a piece of white paper whatever loving energy you'd like to bring into your life. Place appropriate herbs/crystals in the center of the paper (eg: rosebuds for love, cinnamon for passion, rose quartz to keep love strong, etc). Fold the paper in half, capturing the items placed inside then fold the edges of the paper 9x (like a pocket pie or a wonton) working from left to right. Concentrate on your love desire. Place the placket on your altar or another place where you'll see it often. Each time that you're able to, focus on your desire until it comes to you.

Post by: moonstone-opal on February 10, 2008, 02:33:52 PM
        and
        Marriage Blessing
        Two Algiz, arranged so it looks like an X with a line through it. (http://www.spiritualplatform.org/image/rune/algiz.gif) Protection, sacrifice, "two", consciousness

For A Good Lover
        Inguz for sexual connection (http://www.tarahill.com/runes/inguz.gif) Jera for encouragement (http://www.tarahill.com/runes/jera.gif) Kenaz for passion (http://www.spiritualplatform.org/image/rune/kenaz.gif)

For a Long Term Mate
        Inguz for fertility (http://www.tarahill.com/runes/inguz.gif) Ehwaz for relationships and the "divine pair" (http://www.spiritualplatform.org/image/rune/ehwaz.gif) Gebo for marriage and reciprocity (http://www.tarahill.com/runes/gebo.gif)
        Post by: Munin-Hugin on June 20, 2009, 08:55:40 AM

sigpic

Comment

I used to set up a circle and sit in the centre with a red candle in front of me holding a large piece of rose quartz and thought about love and desire and then I'd meditate.

This is very simple and its more of a meditation practise than a spell but whether it worked or just made me feel more confident.. I always used to find a way of attracting the guy I wanted or finding someone new

Comment

(Last one!! More from the cache)
            This first part courtesy of Scott Cunningham (one of my favorites)

Love Incense

On a Friday mix together Lavender, drfagon's blood , myrtle, rose petals, orris and three drops each of musk and patchouli oils. Mix evenly and then spread out to dry on a nonmetallic surface where they can remeain undisdturbed for a week, on the following Friday crumble and place in a bottle with a tight stopper. Burn 3 small spoonfuls as needed.

He points out that you should research your varieties of Dragon's blood as some are dangerous/ and can cause pregnant women to abort.

thanks Scott

Sachets from Scott Cunningham, Various Unknown Authors, Me,

To Attract a man:

Lavendar, dried bachelor's buttons, and a tiny (cuase it stinks) pinch of Valerian root. Add a bay leaf and carry where ever you go

To attract a women:
            mix mix patchouli, cinnamon and hebane. (the henbane traditionally gathered by the man in the morning while naked ...and oddly while standing on one foot)

or

carry a whole orris root in a green silk bag.

All purpose

Rose petals (well dried), catnip, half a handful of yarrow, a touch of mint, coltsfoot, strawberry leaves, well-ground orris root (are we starting to see a pattern here), tansy, and a pinch of vervain. Mix well on a Friday evening (theres that friday again) during the waxing Moon and divide into three parts.

take one of the parts and go outside naked, bend down on one knee and throw it up to the Moon, asking that love be sent to you
            take the second part and go inside and scatter around your bedroom
            take the third part and sew into a green or pink cloth and wear on your body.

A bit of Sorcery (with flowers) to add spice to existing love or communicate intentions to an intended
            Give fresh flowers such as Jasmine, Violets, Red roses Pink geraniums or Asters. They vibrate on a very high "love rate" and will make clear your intent
            Avoid yellow or white roses.

Give red carnations to a lover as they are packed with energy and the spicy fragrance hints of the exotic.

Most useful sachet herbs (DO NOT COMPOSE ANYTHING EDIBLE FROM THIS LIST MANY OF THEM ARE TOXIC)

Apple
            Aster
            Bachelor's Buttons
            Basil Myrtle
            Begamot
            Balm of Gilead
            Caraway
            Coriander
            Cumin
            Dragon's Blood
            Elecampane
            Henbane
            Jasmine
            Lavender
            Lemon balm
            Lovage
            Mandrake
            Marjoram
            Meadowsweet
            Orris root
            Periwinkle
            Pink geranium
            Rose Rosemary
            Southernwood
            Tonka beens
            Tormenil
            Vervain
            Violet
            Yarrow

Gather spring flowers that can be associated with love, goodesses of love etc. ie primrose and cyclamen are flowers associated with Venus. Spring flowers will come to fruition later as you hope your love spell will. Set these aside to use in your spells.

Cast your circle and raise your temple etc then... these are better done on the waxing moon, full moon, Friday, Night or evening.

Spell 1

Put spring flowers in two vases and put on opposite sides of your table
            drop a rose quartz crystal in the bottom of a glass or cup and add spring water
            pull a few petals from the flowers in each vase and put them in the cup...as you pull each petal say what you are looking for in a lover.
            tie a pink ribbon around the cup and bind your wishes to it.
            sit quietly thinking about what you want, imagine yoursel with your lover. Try to imagine how you want to feel not a particular person.
            Leave the cup exactly as it is outside on the night of the full moon. You should cover the glass with a thin cloth to prevent anything from getting in. Pink would be good.
            The following morning fill a dropper bottle one third full with alcohol (not rubbing alcohol but brandy, vodka, rum), remove stone and flower petals and use water to fill the rest of the bottle.
            put 7 drops in a glass of spring water, light a pink candle,drink, wait.

from Girlgoyle
            sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have a love spell to help keep the love flowing? Just to keep the spark. I'm petrified of losing the spark with my boyfriend while he is away! I want to keep it shining bright! Suggestions?

ps. No god and goddess stuff, just basic earth magic ie. crystals, plants/flowers, tarot cards, sacred circles maybe... that sort of thing. X
              "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Love Correspondences:
                (selected from Holland's Grimoire of Magical Correspondencs)

Planetary--Venus, Mercury, Moon (Waxing and Full)
                Elements--Earth, Water, Fire
                Directions--South, West
                Days of the Week--Monday
                Colors--emerald green, all shades of pink, all shades of red, white
                Charm/Items--ambergis, civet, cowrie shell, dove's blood, crystallized ginger, heart, honey, lavender water, orange flower water, peacock feather, rose water, sugar
                Numbers-- 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
                Letter--O
                Animal--carp, deer, dove, horse, hummingbird, lynx, swallow, partridge, pigeon
                Metal--copper, pink gold, platinum, silver
                Stones- agate (green or red), amber, amethyst, aphrodite, beryl, bloodstone, pink calcite, coral, diamond, emerald, garnet, jade, jasper, lapis lazuli, lodestone (in pairs), malachite, moonstone, morganite, opal, pearl, ruby, rose quartz, sapphire
                Potion--red wine with rose petals, coriander seeds or balm of Gilead, (love) herbs mulled in apple cider, red wine with damiana and cardamom
                Plants--Adam and Eve root, almond, aloe, amber, aniseed, apple (fruit, wood or blossom) apricot, aster, avocado, bachelor's buttons, balm of Gilead, barley, basil, beet, betony, birch, bleeding heart, Brazil nut, burdock, calamus, caraway, caraway seeds, cardamom, carnation, cassia, catnip, cedar, chamomile, cherry, chesnut, chickeweed, cinnamon, clove, clover, coconut, columbine, copal, coriander, corn , cornflower, cumin, daffodil, daisy, damiana, dragon's blood, elder, elm, fern, frankinsense, freesia, gardenia, geranium, ginger, hawthorne, heather, heliotrope, hemp, hibiscus, hyacinth, iris, ivy, jasmine, juniper, kava kava, kelp, lavender, lemon, lemon balm, lettuce, lilac, lily of the valley, linden, lotus, lovage, magnolia, marsh mallow, maple, marigold, marjoram, marigold, milkweed, mint, mistletoe, myrrh, myrtle, nutmeg, oleander, orange, orchid, papaya, patchouli, peach, pear, plum, pomegranate, poppy, primrose, quassia, rose, rosemary, saffron, sage, sandalwood, savory, strawberry, sugar cane, sycamore, tansy, thyme, trillium, tomato, tulip, valerian, vanilla, verbena, vervain, violer, water lily, willow, yarrow, ylang-ylang

sigpic

Comment

I'm no Wiccan, but I thought love spells violated the Rede, by influencing another's free will.

For matters, such as love spells, I tend to frown on their usage. Isn't it better to simply put in the real effort for the relationship? What would you say if your loved one confessed, years later, that he or she cast spells on you to alter your judgment in their favour?

Your brain is a part of reality, and, as such, is privy to its darkest secrets.

Comment

[quote author=oldeone link=topic=42.msg20280#msg20280 date=1291666797]
                    I'm no Wiccan, but I thought love spells violated the Rede, by influencing another's free will.

For matters, such as love spells, I tend to frown on their usage. Isn't it better to simply put in the real effort for the relationship? What would you say if your loved one confessed, years later, that he or she cast spells on you to alter your judgment in their favour?
                    [/quote]

Love spells cast against a specific person would definitely be unethical, IMHO, but none of the spells posted are about attracting a specific person. I agree you should be putting 'real' effort into a relationship but don't believe there is any harm in also using magic to draw love into your life.
                    http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I'm no Wiccan, but I thought love spells violated the Rede, by influencing another's free will.[/quote]

Not everyone follows the Rede. Also, not all love spells attempt to influence free will.

Speaking from experience, a love spell done with one's partner is putting real effort into the relationship...and I doubt he's ever going to complain about that one...
                      sigpic

Comment

Some peopel find love spells immoral I am not one of them. Give me abit to get my B.o.S. does anyone he a reverse love spell? Like to get rid of a lover, for people who are too chickin to do it the mundane way?
                        Circe

Comment

[/quote]

I am still no Wiccan, but I was a practising student of Wicca for a while and as far as my studies led me to believe love spells were only frowned upon when they were aimed at a certain person and so influenced a certain persons willpower. Often (like what I would have used a love spell for) they are used to call upon love that you have yet to find, or to feed the love you already have and keep it strong.

There is nothing in the rede against that. X
                          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Define: love spell.

For many, the concept very closely resembles a sort of emotional rape. For others, it's nothing more than a self-enhancement. If it's okay to put on after-shave and perfume, makeup or nice clothes... even take a shower - what's wrong with a love spell? Unless the love spell is trying to control another's will, enslaving them, so to speak, where's the problem? It's all about SELF, not others, anyway.

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

FW ... Stick a pair of his tighty whities under your mattress ... Also communicate with him as much as possible ... Send him pics of you doing mundane everyday things like the dishes or cooking ...

The little things count so much ...
                              I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Working...
                              X