Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RADIOACTIVE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! (the survival thread)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: RADIOACTIVE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE! (the survival thread)

Yes Corbin, children are a lot more fun than uptight adults. And the children in our family have always adored Mr Penry - probably on account of him teaching them all the swear words and how to make catapults etc.
    He also writes interesting (*ahem*) poetry on his activities. Here is one he wrote about his ballista some years ago:

High upon the mountain
    Penry is lying p****d,
    In firing his ballista
    He has hit a Methodist

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

LOL - if he sets off fireworks for the kids too, they'll worship him as a god. He sounds like the kind of person who ends up being responsible for a lot of good childhood memories.

And the poem made me actually LOL.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by B. de Corbin View Post
        LOL - if he sets off fireworks for the kids too, they'll worship him as a god. He sounds like the kind of person who ends up being responsible for a lot of good childhood memories.

And the poem made me actually LOL.
        Glad you enjoyed it. He tends to focus on bonfires rather than fireworks although on Bonfire Night (November 5th) he does a bit of both. But then, all Valleys Boys tend to be closet pyromaniacs. One year our neighbours set their garden on fire and we all sitting on the roof...
        www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

23 myths about radiation (you will survive doomsday)
          "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
          -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
          without his weapons of war;
          for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
          of a spear on the way without.
          -

Comment

We just started watching the Walking Dead. OMG SO GOOD!

We have plans in place and we've been getting our friends & families in on it. First, we get moving trucks from the local Uhaul or Budget places. Then, we head to Dick's Sporting Goods to load up on crossbows, short bows, baseball bats (although I agree with the melee weapons thing), etc. Also, they have freeze dried camp / astronaut food there. Then maybe to Home Depot to pick up a generator, other weapons, etc. Plus, our Home Depot is next door to a grocery, so only one parking lot to navigate for additonal food items as well.

The first plan was to head up to the mountains until things cooled off. Might still be the best plan if the highways are bad. We live practically on 95 and I can just imagine....

The second plan is to head to the eastern shore. Taliesyn knows of a small offshore island we can get to pretty easily and survive on for a good amount of time.

Also, and I thought this was fun & kinda brilliant, he wants to make armor from street signs. They are light-weight and can keep the zombies from chomping you.

---------- Post added at 10:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Also: http://www.punkinchunkin.com/

Comment

Get a nail gun while you're at Home Depot. That should be good for killing zombies!
              Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I also watch "Walking Dead" and the last episode the problem of other living people came up. Some one who would kill you for your food,or even perhaps kill you to eat you. That is the really scary thought,of having to defend yourself from other survivors.
                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

the best plan is to have what you need to relocate to a safer lesser populated location, from that you can go and try to scavenge, but think about it apocalypse starts happening first thing people are doing is going to riot and get some supplies... and then they will get infected, and turn, and then bam you have a swarm of zombies around your local shopping areas... not good. gotta have enough to wait it down a while, be able to survive on the basics, and have the plan of not having a plan. Murphy is the meanest zombie of them all. whatever can go wrong will
                  "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Working...
                  X