Prayers for my cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers for my cat

My cat has been having issues for a while, but now they're really bad.

For those who don't know, he's quite old (turned 17 this month). He was losing quite a bit of weight even though he was still eating, and I took him to the vet and he had an overactive thyroid. He's been on meds ever since, and started to get better, but now things have taken a turn for the worse. He's still eating but not enough and he lost more weight. He's eating a bit more now and is gaining a bit, but not enough. He is so lethargic and he's totally incontinent...I have to keep him in the bathroom until I can get to the vet (she's on holidays until next week), otherwise he just pees and poops wherever he is and it's a huge mess (at least in the bathroom it's contained to one place). He smells bad. His ear is infected or something and he keeps scratching at it and it's all raw and stuff. I don't know what exactly is wrong with him but it almost feels like it's a number of things. I really hope he's not shutting down. If he is, I'll accept it and let go, but I'll be absolutely heartbroken. I live alone and I don't have family here...it's pathetic but that cat is all I have.

So, please, I'd really appreciate any prayers that he gets better, or barring that he can, that I can get through his death...

Re: Prayers for my cat

It almost sounds like colitis. I'll send Reiki.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

Poor cat ...I really hope he gets better. My grandmother's cat started to smell funny just before they put him down - like he was rotting - it was really sad.

Mostly art.

Comment

Thanks ladies--- he's a bit more peppy today. I took him to sit outside and he mostly just sat around but he did watch some birds with interest and eat some grass (which he does all the time, not just when he's sick) and looked generally fairly happy. He was 'talking' to me (he likes to meow in sort of a talky way when he's happy and purr, and he hadn't really done that for a week or two). He's also been fighting me extra hard when I give him his medication, which is usually a good sign. He's still not really asking for food but if I feed him, he eats it all. He's still not really using his litter very well though and his ear still looks awful. I'm hoping he's getting better and it's just an infection that can get sorted out at the vet.

Comment

Glad he's looking a bit better!
          sigpic
          Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Poor kitty years ago Shadow had an ear infection, (smelt like rotten flesh in his ear) this cat was fastidious and he started revealing himself wherever he was so I knew something was wrong. Vet gave me ear drops for him and within a week he was back to his OCD grouchy self.

Comment

Originally posted by LadyGarnetRose View Post
              Poor kitty years ago Shadow had an ear infection, (smelt like rotten flesh in his ear) this cat was fastidious and he started revealing himself wherever he was so I knew something was wrong. Vet gave me ear drops for him and within a week he was back to his OCD grouchy self.
              That's good to hear (that it was a simple problem that got sorted). I hope that's the case for my kitty too.

Comment

Poor fuzz ball. I'll send him some prayers and healing energy.

Comment

Thanks for your prayers everyone!
                  Apparently he is likely not dying, but did have an ear infection. The peeing is likely a stress thing, because he's been through so much and he's still weak from the weight loss.
                  He has to wear a cone right now, which makes him kind of bummed out, but he's happy when I'm home petting him and he's eating loads so I'm hoping I'll start seeing results soon.

Comment

Shall send some blessings for kitty today. Ear infections can be horrible things.
                    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Thanks

He ate most of his food last night, which had the preparation in it of the stuff that supposed to boost his mood a bit, his vitamins (since he's so skinny and malnourished), the salmon oil and the paste that helps him digest better. Made me happy.

Comment

I'm glad it's getting sorted out. Ear infections suck so hard. I'll send some vibes for an even speedier recovery. *nuzzles kitty*
                        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                        -Erik Erikson

Comment

Poor little guy! It's so tough when our animals are sick because they are just like our babies! I will continue to hope he keeps improving!

Comment

Yay! Hope he gets better soon. Ear infections on a cat are a nasty business puts them totally off their normal mode.

Comment

Yeah he is definitely still in a bit of a funk, but he's more chipper than before. My mom says though that his mood changes when I come home...when I'm gone he's apparently just miserable. The vet also said he could have some stress and separation anxiety so maybe that's coming out, especially with him having an infection. I'm trying to figure out ways to make him happy while I'm gone. So far I've read birds on tv, getting a fish bowl (that he can't get into), leaving a CD of harp music on (apparently it's calming for all animals).

Comment

Working...
                              X