Christian Group Directs “Spiritual Warfare” Against Pagan Goddess

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christian Group Directs “Spiritual Warfare” Against Pagan Goddess

Conservative Christian group plans to “lay siege” for 40 days on Washington D.C. to change the District of Columbia into the District of Christ and eliminate compromise in our government. Says Amer…

i have no words...
    I just had to share and i didn't see it anywhere else.
    "Close your eyes, take 20 paces farther than you thought nessesary and just when you think you've lost your way completely.. you'll be there. open your eyes" Alice Hoffman

The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

we vote too.

I have a couple of reasons for it...firstly, because its hypocritical to sit around and complain about individuals that want to push a religious agenda/theocratic vision for the place where you live without doing something about it when you have the opportunity (and *this specific group* is neither alone, nor the worst offender). Secondly, because I think its about fucking time that your average, everyday American Pagan puts their figurative money where their mouth is and bothers to stand for the place where their own personal line in the sand is...this happens to be my line in the sand.
              Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                Secondly, because I think its about fucking time that your average, everyday American Pagan puts their figurative money where their mouth is and bothers to stand for the place where their own personal line in the sand is...this happens to be my line in the sand.
                This. I'm kinda getting sick of the "warrior types" just guzzling their beer and not doing enough fighting for what they believe in. Meanwhile, people who are just normal joe's are the ones in the trenches. I know I for one have been out there a few times trying to "clear things up" for a local police station about Pagan practices and actually making a difference. Do you see my type on The Wild Hunt? No, because I'm not published with Lllewelyn. And I'm just one of many cases like this.

My point? If you're that worried then do something. Sometimes all you have to do is educate. You most likely won't make the major headlines for it, but that's not the important part.
                my etsy store
                My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                surrounded by plush, downy things,
                ill prepared, but willing,
                to descend."

Comment

Columbia is the patrton Goddess of the United States?

Shoot - it makes sense, but I'd never thought of it that way before.

Goody - a new Goddess for my personal pantheon. I bet I can find a nice statue, too. I'm thinking that pine or ceder incense woud be appropriate...

Thalassa, what is the "Hail Columbia" project?

This is funny -
                  ... Yes (sarcastically) we would be so much better off if we elect leaders who are afraid of anything which might be more powerful then them... It's so much easier to be pushed around when you knees are shaking.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

wikipedia is accurate about Columbia. Their next logical target should be Uncle Sam icons and posters at which point they can join Westboro on the list of marginalized idiots.
                    Last edited by MaskedOne; 07 Aug 2011, 06:58.
                    life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Comment

Comment

Last edited by MaskedOne; 07 Aug 2011, 07:21.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X