Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

London's Burning (Riots in London over police shooting)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: London's Burning (Riots in London over police shooting)

My brother is in the Air Force and is currently stationed somewhere in London. He hasn't called to say whether or not it is near him

Edited to add:

He is at RAF Lakenheath. Not to sure where that is in regards to the Riots or not
    Last edited by Amber; 10 Aug 2011, 08:45.

Comment

The whole of London has been effected in one way or another. Mind you it has been calmer today due to the sheer AMOUNT of police in London. But it is not contained to London anymore, and because so many police offers have been dispatched in the south there is now many more disturbances in Newcastle, Bristol, Birmingham, Liverpool... all the major cities.
      "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Wow! I know Lakenheath is I think in between Suffolk and Cambridge. But with him being on a military base he's probably about as safe from it as you can get

Comment

Apparently there were a few disturbances (fires, brick throwing etc) in Cardiff which is the nearest city to where I live. They didn't make the news though. I suspectg there is quite a lot that hasn't really been reported.
          www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

I read there were 14,000 police in London last night....I've never even seen that many police in one city before, not even in Berlin on 1st of May (AKA riot day)

Comment

It was 16,000 apparently.

There was a small disturbance in Glasgow BUT (and this is so Scottish) the police didn't break it up, the passers-by did. They grabbed them and beat a few of them up for "doing things the english way" :P
              I love facebook and I love being Scottish.

"You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
              X