Thread: Hi there (wave)

futurefaith

Hi there (wave)

Hi I am a Christian of the spiritual variety, which is to say I follow Christ.
    Denominationally I am of the 1st Century type, as in Jesus knew best, the rest messed.

I used to be an Agnostic until I realized whom Jesus was/is. Now I am a little bit like a Chabad Chassidic Christian with Jesus as my ultimate Tzadik If that makes sense.

I always despised hypocrites, which is why I was an Agnostic. I still do, so I feel closer to a sincere Jew, Muslim, Jain or Hindu than I do a hypocrite Christian, crazy Jihadists or whatever no matter how zealous they may be. By the way, since I’m on the subject, no sincere honest Muslim commits suicide, blows up innocent people, fellow Muslims, mosques and Korans.

I think of Faith as the connection between an individual and our Almighty Creator, and religion is a man-made system to help us worship our Creator. So sincere Faith is pure while religion tends to be not so pure.

Jun 2007
    Religion
    Norse Something-or-Other
    Phrase
    Nice is not the same as good.

Re: Hi there (wave)

Interesting! Welcome, and what brings you to the forum?

Mar 2006
    Religion
    In transition -- Seriously looking into Shamanism

Welcome to the forum! I'm also interested in what brings you here! If you're curious, there's lots of threads all over the forum (Q&A type stuff) for different religious paths. If you have any questions at all, don't hesitate to ask myself or another member. We're all friendly folks.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Dec 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan/Stregheria

Hi and welcome!

Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Eclectic Pagan

Hi and welcome to PF

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

hullo and welcome to PF
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible