Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, where am i gonna be during the Ragnarok?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: So, where am i gonna be during the Ragnarok?

Yes, there are many end of the world myths of a similar nature. Especially in Indo-European cultures. Take for instance the Persian myth of Azi Dahaka, which includes prophecy says the serpent will escape from his bonds at the end of the world and kill a third of mankind before the son of Thraetona slays him. There are a number of references in Slavic folklore to a monster or monsters that are chained up or imprisoned, waiting for the day they can be released, so I do believe something like Ragnorak is coming. I imagine that most of us will be dead by then, but some if not most of the dead might be somewhere far removed from the conflict.

I would be interested in knowing more about the Odin Brotherhood- I think I have read an interview of one of its members. If that interview was correct, the brotherhood tells some very captivating stories.
    If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

It was invented in 1991 by a guy called Mark Mirabello, it claims its ancestory to 1421 amazingly enough, surname Mira sounds like mirror 1421 -1241 death of Snorri, it is a very clever deception to the lover of soundbites and misinformation, but not for the informed scholar of heathenry.
      Gunnarr Sandisson
      "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
      Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

No, it didn't strike me as a very academic approach to reconstructionism. Still, I got the impression that their hearts are in the right place, at least from the basic philosophy I got from the interview.
        If you want to be thought intelligent, just agree with everyone.

Comment

Working...
        X