X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

Originally posted by Juniper View Post
    Where did you go for that?
    House of Tattoo on Burnside just West of Powel - tough to spot unless you know what you're looking for, use GPS (although it literally is right on Burnside, so you won't get lost). Talk to Ben - he's amazing. I would call them to set up an appointment though - this isn't a place to walk in off the street and get a tattoo...everything is scheduled, and the time he schedules with you he won't be using for other people. It's a proper damned business

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by iflewoverthecuckoosnest View Post
    VERY cool
    Tanks I've been supremely pleased with it myself

Comment

1) awesome tattoo Rok

2) since this is the tattoo thread, I thought I'd share this hilarity that is about tattoos, but not actually a tattoo
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

That was freakin' hillarious.

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
          House of Tattoo on Burnside just West of Powel - tough to spot unless you know what you're looking for, use GPS (although it literally is right on Burnside, so you won't get lost). Talk to Ben - he's amazing. I would call them to set up an appointment though - this isn't a place to walk in off the street and get a tattoo...everything is scheduled, and the time he schedules with you he won't be using for other people. It's a proper damned business
          Looked up his portfolio, some nice color work for sure! I may look into going to him for my next project (still in the works, my sister is going to draw it for me but we have to get together so I can describe it to her properly, because I have a very specific view of what I want.) Sounds like they run their business a lot like Clae Welch (http://www.claewelch.com/) does/did, which is another artist I'd love to go see. He used to work at HistoricTattoo, but from the looks of it, he's now in Seattle. :/ A former colleague of mine was trading work with Clae Welch and so I saw part of a full-sleeve tattoo in the works. It was gorgeous and his use of color was amazing.

I'll definitely keep House of Tattoo in mind, though. Thanks for the info.
          �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
          ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
          Sneak Attack
          Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

DSCF0711.jpg

Mine ^_^ Left shoulder blade

Comment

I've currently got an industrial, septum and tongue piercing. I've had my nipples done twice, but the jewelry had to be removed and they quickly closed both times. I've had others in the past too but have allowed them to close. I've also got 7 tattoos, one of which is a sleeve. I'm hoping to get more of both, but I'm not sure how soon that will happen.

Comment

Me april 21 2014 (2).jpgI got my new septum ring yesterday,it is a 2 gauge copper colored titanium

Comment

I'm getting two new ones on Tuesday. One on my arm which I plan to use to show my spiritual progression. Cross, pentagram, hekate's symbol, a spider for anansi. And I'll add to it as I explore more. I'm thinking shoulder down, though maybe forearm, on the inside from the wrist up.. That would just be harder to cover up if it was required for work. The other is my daughter's footprint which I'm thinking of putting on my hip.
                  We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                  It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                  Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                  -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                    I'm getting two new ones on Tuesday. One on my arm which I plan to use to show my spiritual progression. Cross, pentagram, hekate's symbol, a spider for anansi. And I'll add to it as I explore more. I'm thinking shoulder down, though maybe forearm, on the inside from the wrist up.. That would just be harder to cover up if it was required for work. The other is my daughter's footprint which I'm thinking of putting on my hip.
                    Those sound awesome. I'd love to see pictures of the completed work, if you're up for sharing.
                    In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by Shahaku View Post
                      Really love the idea.

Comment

So these are my new tats. Sorry for the low quality. Took them on my phone. The footprint still has the derm on it too, so it's especially fuzzy.
                        Attached Files
                        We are what we are. Nothing more, nothing less. There is good and evil among every kind of people. It's the evil among us who rule now. -Anne Bishop, Daughter of the Blood

I wondered if he could ever understand that it was a blessing, not a sin, to be graced with more than one love.
                        It could be complicated; of course it could be complicated. And it opened one up to the possibility of more pain and loss.
                        Still, it was a blessing I would never relinquish. Love, genuine love, was always a cause for joy.
                        -Jacqueline Carey, Naamah's Curse

Service to your fellows is the root of peace.

Comment

I've got one ear decked out with an industrial and a conch piercing and left the other ear alone.

Until today. This is going to be my 'dainty' ear.

No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

That's awesome...bet it takes awhile to heal, doesn't it? That's through the cartilage?

Comment

Originally posted by Roknrol View Post
                              That's awesome...bet it takes awhile to heal, doesn't it? That's through the cartilage?
                              Thanks! Yeah, it's through the cartilage.

The healing time should span about 2-3 months, which is way better than my industrial on the other ear which took a full 6 months to heal. It's not too bad since it's tucked into the fold and therefore I don't hit it on much and can actually lay on that side so long as I'm gentle about it. You're gonna see a lot more silver shinies on this ear throughout the summer.
                              No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I have a 0 gauge septum and left vertical industrial. Only one tattoo. It's a triskele. Plan on doing a lot more.

- - - Updated - - -

Originally posted by Vinlander View Post
                                left vertical industrial.
                                Which is an eight gauge.

Comment

Working...
                                X