This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

I can't post pictures yet, because I'm new. However, I'm loving all the pics that have been shared. As a tattoo artist and piercer myself, it made my heart happy to find this thread right off.

Comment

November 19, my next (and likely last) tattoo will be inked. I'll try to get a pic up soon. It's basically a representation of the last major transition of my life path and who I've become because of it.

Comment

Nothing yet, I want to get my lip, nose and septum done though, and my ears too. I don't have any tattoo plans.

Comment

Awesome thread!
          I wanted to share my tattoo too:

Eventually I want to get a compass rose as well, but I haven't figured out the exact design or location yet.

Comment

Random piercing question: Do they make nose piercings (ring-style) that can be easily taken out and put back in? I have the beaded style that I need pliers to remove.

Mostly art.

Comment

Originally posted by volcaniclastic View Post
              Random piercing question: Do they make nose piercings (ring-style) that can be easily taken out and put back in? I have the beaded style that I need pliers to remove.
              The one that I use is a hoop that doesn't connect that is flat on one end - like this. I have been wearing the same style of hoop (because the pressure bead style is definitely a pain in the neck) for years because it's the easiest way to do it and I've only had one slip out one time.

Comment

there is also this kind sold by BAF:

Comment

Originally posted by Raphaeline View Post
                  The one that I use is a hoop that doesn't connect that is flat on one end - like this. I have been wearing the same style of hoop (because the pressure bead style is definitely a pain in the neck) for years because it's the easiest way to do it and I've only had one slip out one time.
                  This looks perfect. I like mine, and I don't ever remove it, but I'm might find myself in a situation in the next year or so where I'll need to remove my piercings. I don't want them to close, though, so if I can slowly replace all my piercings with easy-to-remove items, then at least I can still wear them at night.

Mostly art.

Comment

I have a nose ring that was done when I as 19...I couldn't ever wear it in boot camp, or in uniform/on base, etc and I still don't wear it for my job (its not professional for what I do) but I still have the hole in my nose, 13 years later. I've never done anything special. YMMV.
                    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

ribbon.jpg So I got this about 2 weeks ago. Its on the back side of my arm close to my elbow. The ribbon was colored in blue and yellow to represent down syndrome awareness. When he filled in the color I asked him to do it child like to represent the child likeness of a person with down syndrome. I lost someone very dear to me this past year with down syndrome at the ripe age of 55. He was a beautiful soul and I was so very blessed to have him in my life. This is how I honored his memory. My best friend also got the ribbon but turned it into a butterfly.
                      "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

Originally posted by kalynraye View Post
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]3762[/ATTACH] So I got this about 2 weeks ago. Its on the back side of my arm close to my elbow. The ribbon was colored in blue and yellow to represent down syndrome awareness. When he filled in the color I asked him to do it child like to represent the child likeness of a person with down syndrome. I lost someone very dear to me this past year with down syndrome at the ripe age of 55. He was a beautiful soul and I was so very blessed to have him in my life. This is how I honored his memory. My best friend also got the ribbon but turned it into a butterfly.
                        Very pretty. I'm sorry for your loss, but it's a beautiful way to honor him.
                        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I wish I had mine on my computer, oh well.
                          I have the sun in between my shoulders, geese on my left foot, "home" on my right foot, a lily on the inside of my left forearm (elbow to wrist), and the elder wand with the advada kedavra curse around it with the Voldemort quote "There is no good or evil. There is only power and those to weak to seek it." I also have one on the outside of my right wrist (cards suits) but I hate it and am getting it covered by my Doctor Who/galazy sleeve as soon as I can.
                          (user formerly known as beckly_freckly)

You are a little soul carrying around a corpse.

Comment

Originally posted by habbalah View Post
                            Very pretty. I'm sorry for your loss, but it's a beautiful way to honor him.

It sucks that hes gone but he lived to be 55. Thats almost unheard of with a person who has down syndrome. I was truly blessed to have had him in my life. His soul was beautiful. Its nice that I'm back in Texas as this year my best friend and I will do the down syndrome awareness walk together. And thank you I am very proud of it.
                            "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I have a septum piercing, my ears are stretched(12mm on the right ear and 4mm on the left). I plan on having snake bites soon(like next week or so) And I want to stretch both ears to 20mm and make some tattos but I don't have enough money yet :dummy:
                              Is dyeing my hair all the rainbow colors considered a body mod??

Comment

The photos may look a bit wonky because they're all part of the same tattoo.

Comment

Working...
                                X