This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

I've always wanted to get one of these little fairys on my back. Just not sure which one

Comment

I vote Ruby Moon

I really wanna get A pentacle on the palm of each hand, But apparently it'll affect job oppertunities -.-
      "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
      - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

[quote author=Amelia-Mary link=topic=358.msg4975#msg4975 date=1287525529]
        I really wanna get A pentacle on the palm of each hand, But apparently it'll affect job oppertunities -.-
        [/quote]

A few points to make (should you ever change your mind):
        1. Do you have ANY idea how much that would hurt?
        2. Have you wanted that for longer than two weeks?
        3. It will look terrible as you age.
        4. You'll probably regret it if you actually did it.
        5. Please don't do that.

Mostly art.

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=358.msg5014#msg5014 date=1287531331]
          5. Please don't do that.
          [/quote]

I'm KIND OF with this... because it will honestly hinder you in the future... HOWEVER I was told this about all my tats.. but they mean something to me and at the end of the day.. if you've got your heart set on something... no ones really gunna be able to stop you..
          just give it a good think.. remember your hands have more pain receptors than say your arm or whatever.. it will hurt.. and if you're not good with pain.. you will flinch and it won't look amazing.. the amount of times ive had to pay an extra half hour cos i flinched too much and the tattooist wanted to straighten lines or whatever... its painful, annoying and devistated on your wallet. so give it a BIG think

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=358.msg5036#msg5036 date=1287535079]
            I'm KIND OF with this... because it will honestly hinder you in the future... HOWEVER I was told this about all my tats.. but they mean something to me and at the end of the day.. if you've got your heart set on something... no ones really gunna be able to stop you..
            just give it a good think.. remember your hands have more pain receptors than say your arm or whatever.. it will hurt.. and if you're not good with pain.. you will flinch and it won't look amazing.. the amount of times ive had to pay an extra half hour cos i flinched too much and the tattooist wanted to straighten lines or whatever... its painful, annoying and devistated on your wallet. so give it a BIG think
            [/quote]

She is only 14 anyway, so she has plenty of time to change her mind. I always wanted tattoos, but my mind changes every week until I was about 17 then everything sorted itself out in my head and I know exactly what I want where and why.
            She won't be getting it till she is over 18 if she has any sense anyway. X
            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

As an avid fan of skin art, it might be odd of me to say... but:

To anyone that thinks they want some ink,

Think of any tattoo, that you are considering, being uncolored, blued and faded, blurry and wrinkly, on your 90-year old body. Tattoos are permanent. And also highly addictive.

Yours truly,
              Chain "Damn right, it hurts!" Lightning

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Suits me fine. Except a potential hubby who would have seen them in their hay day no one will care about my wrinkly old skin haha. X
                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

I've been thinking about getting a triskele done on my right ankle... Not too sure of the design yet, maybe something like my user pic. I have a few options I'm looking at.

Having said that, I'm going to wait at least a year before I get anything, so I can be sure I like the design. Maybe it'll be a Christmas present to myself next year

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=358.msg5168#msg5168 date=1287571728]
                    I've been thinking about getting a triskele done on my right ankle... Not too sure of the design yet, maybe something like my user pic. I have a few options I'm looking at.

Having said that, I'm going to wait at least a year before I get anything, so I can be sure I like the design. Maybe it'll be a Christmas present to myself next year
                    [/quote]

thats a good plan
                    I think it also helps if your first tattoo is somewhere easily hidden or somewhere is won't grab alot of attention or be right in your face if you eventualy, unfortunately do go off the idea.. which is why the ankle is a good idea... but its also a painful idea cos again, its a very sensitive place for your first tattoo :P I'm liking the design idea

Comment

Comment

[/quote]

Comment

Comment

[/quote]

ooooh thats fair enough tbh its down to what ever you're most comfortable with.. If I knew someone was amazing and would get it spot on better than anyone else but charged more.. id go for it. But I've been lucky with that the guys back home are absolutely amazing and are happy with a smaller amount. And these people are shoving a needle into you're ankle for 2 hours so you need to make sure you're comfortable with them as people as well.. thats probably more important than money

Comment

Exactly. And Baz is a doll, I could chat to him for hours and hours, X

Comment

[quote author=volcaniclastic link=topic=358.msg5014#msg5014 date=1287531331]
                                5. Please don't do that.
                                [/quote]

More importantly to me is that even if you LOVE your tattoos for the rest of your life, the skin on your hands, particularly your palms, sheds quickly. This will result in loss of definition and pigment earlier than you'd probably like. You would not be making a one time investment to keep the tattoo looking clean and sharp, you'd have to have it redone WAY sooner than you'd like.

--------------------------------

As for me, I only have three tattoos and two current piercings, though I used to have many more. I'll get photos of these at some point...

TATS
                                1. an awesome pirate ship on my forearm
                                2. a little Gemini glyph on the back of my neck
                                3. a fucking awesome pair of cherries on my foot - one is a skull and the other is popping

PIERCINGS (now and then)
                                1. industrial
                                2. conch
                                3. monroe, just need the stud
                                (4) eyebrow barbell
                                (5) nosering
                                No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Working...
                                X