This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tattoos, Piercings and Body Mod!

I'm also thinking of getting a cartoon black cat on my for arm.

Hmmm....

Comment

[quote author=SageGreene link=topic=358.msg4857#msg4857 date=1287505636]
      if anyone's planning on getting a tat on their foot I suggest having a friend there to hold your leg down because it will involuntarily jump back!!
      [/quote]

Oh, shoot! Thanks for that bit of knowledge. I found a tattoo artist that wants to trade massages for tattoos & piercings. lol. I told him that I wanted to get Ivy vines with blue butterflies tattooed; starting from the top of the foot along the big toe around the back of the ankle and up and around the middle of the leg.

Just like this but with the Ivy vine & butterfly design.

And later (much later) I'd like to get this Phoenix across my back from shoulder to shoulder.

[color=red]My friend's mom - "What's the name of that movie with Mel Gibson and the ailiens?"
      My friend- "Passion of the Crist"
      Me= *ROFLMGAO*

Comment

those are awesome! When you get the foot one though.. you need to make sure you keeep veeerrryy still. and thats quite hard :P
        I sugested that if I get another tattoo near my foot I might bring a wood clamp.. so I really can't move xD

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=358.msg5965#msg5965 date=1287837126]
          those are awesome! When you get the foot one though.. you need to make sure you keeep veeerrryy still. and thats quite hard :P
          I sugested that if I get another tattoo near my foot I might bring a wood clamp.. so I really can't move xD
          [/quote]

I guess I have a high threshold for pain because it was not hard at all to keep my foot still. The most important thing *I* think to make sure you remember is to bring the appropriate footwear for the aftermath.
          No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I, Myself have 3 Tattoos, much to the bemusement of work colleagues who didn't believe me until i showed them!

1. Small ankh on my left upper arm.
            2. Celtic knot/Maze of life on my upper right arm.
            3. Yin Yang on my left upper chest with a small runebind made up of the name of the baby we lost a couple of years ago. (My Wife has the same tat on her back.. in purple)

I am looking for more probably on my inside forearm, not yet sure of what - still working on that - probably this winter so i can keep it covered at work while it heals up

M
            In the end, only you know if you were right or wrong, so tolerate others beliefs, no matter how wrong, they may be right...

Comment

[quote author=Bjorn link=topic=358.msg6009#msg6009 date=1287850386]
              I guess I have a high threshold for pain because it was not hard at all to keep my foot still. The most important thing *I* think to make sure you remember is to bring the appropriate footwear for the aftermath.
              [/quote]

well it was my ankle I was getting done.. But I just kept twitching.. even when it wasn't hurting that much :P (although most the time it hurt like hell haha) I guess I'm a twitcher ^_^

the footwear point is actually a reeeaallllyyy good one! flip flops are probably a good bet or sandles

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=358.msg5183#msg5183 date=1287576814]
                thats a good plan
                I think it also helps if your first tattoo is somewhere easily hidden or somewhere is won't grab alot of attention or be right in your face if you eventualy, unfortunately do go off the idea.. which is why the ankle is a good idea... but its also a painful idea cos again, its a very sensitive place for your first tattoo :P I'm liking the design idea
                [/quote]

Thanks I've been listening to a few of my friends who have tattoos, and they recommended waiting at least a year and choosing somewhere less prominent. I'm kinda worried about the pain, though. Any tips for making it hurt less?

[quote author=Thaleia Chara link=topic=358.msg5932#msg5932 date=1287809811]
                Oh, shoot! Thanks for that bit of knowledge. I found a tattoo artist that wants to trade massages for tattoos & piercings. lol. I told him that I wanted to get Ivy vines with blue butterflies tattooed; starting from the top of the foot along the big toe around the back of the ankle and up and around the middle of the leg.

Just like this but with the Ivy vine & butterfly design.
                [/quote]

That looks really cool. I imagine it hurting like hell though.

Comment

I'm working pretty hard right now on a back tat of grapevine, or ivy. Not sure what it is I want right now so I'm trying to come up with something fitting. I want it to be Dionysian, but I also want it to be mostly floral and take up most of the space on my back.

Comment

I have a couple of tats I would like to go with the two I have...

1. I want to get my bebe's names, Aurora, Sophia and Collin in the alphabet of their origin (classical Latin, Greek and Ogham) on the inside of my forearm (ouch).
                    2. I want a ~18th century natural history style drawing of a horseshoe crab on my foot

possibly...a WWII style sailor girl pin-up with a (slightly) more realistic uniform

Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                    sigpic

Comment

Do hair styles count as body mod? Because I'm always doing different colours in my hair. I've had green, red, purple, turquoise...

I got my hair dyed again yesterday, deep blue with black underneath. I love it ^_^

Comment

[quote author=PharaohKatt link=topic=358.msg6219#msg6219 date=1287889420]
                        Thanks I've been listening to a few of my friends who have tattoos, and they recommended waiting at least a year and choosing somewhere less prominent. I'm kinda worried about the pain, though. Any tips for making it hurt less?

[/quote]

Well best thing to do is to be healthy as you can the few days before your tattoo.. purely because I find that if I'm slightly unwell or hungover or tired.. it hurts 10 times more. Another good tip is to have a good big breakfast before had with a large sugary tea take some really sugary sweets in with you and some cola or lucazade If you have a low blood sugar level then adrenaline will make you faint or throw up... plus if you have some sweeties your concentration is more on the chewing just make sure you're not chewing if theyre tattooing somewhere like your jaw (obvs)

also keep talking if you can, get as relaxed as you can, as soon as you relax the sooner your muscles and body will relax and it willl stop being as painful.

however all these points work with me, but im sure other people have other tips and ideas. I mean some people don't even feel pain from tattoos.. it just depends on you :P

Comment

[quote author=Sin link=topic=358.msg6307#msg6307 date=1287922543]

Well best thing to do is to be healthy as you can the few days before your tattoo.. purely because I find that if I'm slightly unwell or hungover or tired.. it hurts 10 times more. Another good tip is to have a good big breakfast before had with a large sugary tea take some really sugary sweets in with you and some cola or lucazade If you have a low blood sugar level then adrenaline will make you faint or throw up... plus if you have some sweeties your concentration is more on the chewing just make sure you're not chewing if theyre tattooing somewhere like your jaw (obvs)

also keep talking if you can, get as relaxed as you can, as soon as you relax the sooner your muscles and body will relax and it willl stop being as painful.

however all these points work with me, but im sure other people have other tips and ideas. I mean some people don't even feel pain from tattoos.. it just depends on you :P
                          [/quote]

Thanks again ^_^

Comment

I found that just chatting away helped. And I took sugar mice in with me and had one before and one after. Make sure the one who does the tattoo makes you feel comfortable!
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

ooooh also dont be scared to yell stop :P ultimately you do end up sitting there for a while.. and you will need to move and reposition at some point my tattooist back home lets me have cigerette breaks ever 45 mins to an hourish ^_^

Comment

Stop taking the cancer sticks and that won't be a problem :P X
                                "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Working...
                                X