This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi! Merry Meet!

Hello everyone! Just wanted to stop in and say hi! Coming over from Mind N Magic as they are closing out the end of the month. Live near Seattle is the US... Druidry/Celtic reconstructionist... Witch-candles, herbs, garden witch for the most part. Have a shop, Lifes Mystical Journey Spiritual Supply (*link removed by staff*). Two kids, grown... Teacher (special education). not sure what else to say other then hello!!!
    Blessed be to you all,
    Journey
    Last edited by Juniper; 30 Aug 2011, 18:24. Reason: Link removed
    Love and Light,
    Mystical Journey
    www.lifesmysticaljourney.com
    http://lifesmysticaljourney.blogspot.com/

Re: Hi! Merry Meet!

Welcome to PF! If you have any questions about anything, let us know. We're a friendly group of people.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Hello and welcome to PF!

MnM is closing? Wow...I haven't been over there in a while aparently...

Well, we are glad to have you!
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

Welcome to the forum! It takes a strong person to teach special needs children. My brother has CP and its so hard to see him struggle daily with things I can do w/o thinking.
        sigpic

Comment

Thank you for your welcomes everyone... I can see by this and other posts that I will enjoy this. Trying to figure out how to get it on my phone, lol...
          Love and Light,
          Mystical Journey

Comment

LiadanWillows: It's great to meet you and yes, it is hard to watch sometimes, especially if it's not something you're used to being around. Be careful though, don't do things for them when they can do it themselves. it's worse when they become to dependent. They need to be as indenpendent as possible... can i ask how old he is?

---------- Post added at 09:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

Thalassa: I know, right! They have been around forever. i will miss them, will probably see some of their followers over here though... many are looking for other forums...
            Last edited by Mystical Journey; 30 Aug 2011, 20:04. Reason: added names as the program squishes my replies together...
            Love and Light,
            Mystical Journey

Comment

Hey and welcome again

I'm going to have to talk to the other mods and admins about the app idea. I find myself accessing the sight via my phone more and more these days, myself.
              Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Howdy and welcome!

I have to echo what LiadanWillows said - It takes a special person to teach special ed. I teach regular ed, and I know I couldn't do it for long!
                Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

D. De Corbin,
                  What do you teach? Unfortunately, with our economy, I am not teaching right now. I don't know if you are in the US but they seem to think it makes sense to cut schools and teachers when the economy crashes. Hmm, seems a bit backwards, doesn't it? I am also certified to teach Mathematics, just earned my Masters Degree in Mathematics and cirriculum design this past spring.
                  Love and Light,
                  Mystical Journey

Comment

I'm a reformed English teacher. Now I teach art at the high school level.

Yeah - the education thing sucks, currently. I'm in Michigan, and the schools here are running mostly on good will because the governor has decided that the economy will pick up if we concentrate on graduating ignorant students. My budget for art supplies and materials last year was $0.30 per student. This year, it's worse.

I gotta stop or I'll turn your intro into a rant - but I'm sure you understand.

Best wishes - I hope you get a nice job soon!
                    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Lol.. will send some blessings and positive energies to you and your classroom. You students will survive, i am sure. And, you have a job so bonus!!!! We are opeing a store, have an online store, and hopefully soon this will provide us with the income we need... Tutoring kids on the side in math and reading once school gets started, up and running, but most families here can't afford tutoring either... what to do, lol...
                      Love and Light,
                      Mystical Journey

Comment

Welcome x
                        "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
                        - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Welcome to PF!!!!!!