Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Good News about the path I am on? ,,, Easy ... There is the possibility that I may be wrong ... And I am ok with that ...
    I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

I was once told there are no "wrong" paths. Just as all roads lead to Rome, all paths lead to god. (as long as that is what you seek)
      The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.
      I am his student and his partner. He is my guide and an ominous friend.

Comment

Originally posted by DragonsFriend View Post
        I was once told there are no "wrong" paths. Just as all roads lead to Rome, all paths lead to god. (as long as that is what you seek)
        Branch Davidians
        Jim Jones
        Those haley bop purple robe nike wearing fools.

There's a ton of wrong paths.
        Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I have never been more liberated, to question not just what I believe, but question MYSELF. It's so relieving to know that I might be wrong but that it probably doesn't matter.

My beliefs encourage me to care more about the environment, admire nature and try to be kinder because I don't need others to believe as I do to validate my beliefs.

I guess the good news is that you don't owe anyone anything, life goes on, but good things come to those who don't take the world for granted.
          I'm not one to ever pray for mercy
          Or to wish on pennies in the fountain or the shrine
          But that day you know I left my money
          And I thought of you only
          All that copper glowing fine

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
            Branch Davidians
            Jim Jones
            Those haley bop purple robe nike wearing fools.

There's a ton of wrong paths.
            I wonder if those paths were wrong for the people who walked them... I guess there is no way to know until we meet them in the afterlife.
            The Dragon sees infinity and those it touches are forced to feel the reality of it.

Comment

I wonder if those paths were wrong for the people who walked them... I guess there is no way to know until we meet them in the afterlife.
              Are you going to ask that of the children they made drink the koolaid first?

Comment

Were you there to see the children forced? Are you going to ask them?

Comment

The testimony of the survivors was about as clear as it's gonna get. If you want to argue that the testimony was contrived, enjoy! there are far too few conspiracy theorists in the world today.
                  Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

You do realize infants were given poison via syringes by their own parents, right?

Really? Just say ok, I get it. Or not and argue semantics over an infants mental capacity to choose when to end its own life.

Stahp.

Comment

Dude, really? That's not a position you want to try and argue.
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

Let's not get into a debate on murderous cults in this thread. It's more than a little off topic.
                        "It is not simply enough to know the light…a Jedi must feel the tension between the two sides of the Force…in himself and in the universe."
                        ―Thon

"When to the Force you truly give yourself, all you do expresses the truth of who you are,"

Yoda

Yoda told stories, and ate, and cried, and laughed: and the Padawans saw that life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

On topic, I quite like pancakes.

In all seriousness, my religion makes me happy. Just like pancakes, really.

Comment

My good news is freedom from irrational fear of my fellow man. The spiritual backup and wisdom I need to defend me and my own. And the lack of fear of death from the security of having a pretty idea of whats going to go down. Also I can have fun and be myself without being terrified of the consequences.
                            White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                            sigpic
                            In Days of yore,
                            From Britain's shore
                            Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                            And planted firm Britannia's flag
                            On Canada's fair domain.
                            Here may it wave,
                            Our boast, our pride
                            And joined in love together,
                            The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                            The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

The "good news" of my belief is not really news. The magic of nature has been addressed by different people for centuries.

That being said, I simply identify divinity in nature. The "good news" is that nature is beautiful and its gods deserve worship.

Comment

Working...
                              X