Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

It all goes around and around and around again.

But it doesn't have to.
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

That I don't need some sort of divine intervention to have a better life...often all that is needed is a nudge to create a plan and DO what I dream about, instead of just talking about it.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

The one thing I find,at least for myself in being attached to the strega tradition,is that I do not follow anything strictly. I pick and choose what feels right,and to me rules are more suggestions and choices. My path changes daily sometimes, as I explore all the aspects of my spirituality.
        MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
        NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
        don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
        http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Again for me its the idea of being on a path. I was raised a Catholic (I stress the word raised as I was never really free to choose wheather I believed it or not being a child at the time), before becoming an Agnostic and then realising that I was actually a Pantheist.

Identifying with Pantheism has allowed me to feel more of a sense of belonging which was missing as an agnostic. It could well be that I could change my opinions again, but im fairly certain that i'm on the Pagan path now and will remain so.
          "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

The best part of my personal beliefs is that the universe and beyond is so complex and chaotics it is actually simple to understand.

Comment

While my own beliefs have not solidified into anything remotely set, I'll go ahead and weigh in.

No one can be a classical Gnostic. It's an umbrella term for several differing sects in the early life of Christianity. Because the traditions died out for various reasons, the best one can do is attempt to be a Reconstructionist or a Revivalist.

In (neo)Gnosticism, every single person has a Divine Spark inside of them. This Spark is contained inside of every living person. Because these fragments are all from the same Source, one should come to understand the implication of harming another. Harming another person is equivalent to rending Heaven itself. Because you are also from that Source, harming another is really harming yourself.

I wouldn't call myself a full-blown Gnostic. At best, I'm semi-Gnostic. But, I believe that the concept of Gnosis is the natural disposition of all people.
              There once was a man who said though,
              It seems that I know that I know,
              What I'd like to see,
              Is the I that knows me,
              When I know that I know that I know.

Comment

My good news is that I don't think anyone is alone when they're with themselves. Call it your higher self, call it God, call it the anima/animus, call it a daemon or demon, call it a guardian angel, call it anything you like or nothing at all, but I believe our Selves afford us a divine piece of ourselves, and that piece ensures we are never alone. I swear I can almost see them around people sometimes, their bestest friend that they aren't even aware of. Beautiful. I've decided to resurrect the tradition of giving birthday gifts to both a person and their... Whatever you want to call it. This also makes it good news for my friends, even if they don't believe!

Comment

My good news is the complete rejection of destiny. I am in control of my life, so my happiness is something I choose daily.
                  I follow the patterns nature sets before me and learn from the way rivers flow and the way fire dances.
                  Good news to me is living for the present. Not everyone focuses on how a gentle breeze feels and few choose to stay outside during rain.
                  My religion taught me how to truly love and trust, and I've never been a nicer person.

Comment

There's many good things to my path or just Paganism in general but the best of all is freedom. Everything that was pounded into my head growing up made me feel caged and scared. "Coming home" as they say to witchcraft was the greatest sense of freedom I've ever felt in my life.

Comment

There is not can't; only won't.
                      "All four winds blow steady, singing 'hie, the open road is home!'"
                      http://hagstones.blogspot.com

Comment

I fell in love over the winter with a man who is precisely what I knew waiting for would bring me. 6 years of romantic solitude, never once wavering from my ideals or my path or my vision for myself, never once doubting that something beautiful would happen at SOME point. And it did. I don't care how or why. I can only lift my voice up in song and praise The Great Spirit for this blessing.

My god, it's real. It's really real. Even though we're apart we're growing closer together. And I'm not even ashamed to be so damn sappy! Heheh, feck yeah.
                        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

I have been a seeker all my life and have had many forks on my path. As a child born in christianity I was informed of the (unknown) heaven and hell; as a mid-life buddhist, I was informed of the (unknown) samsara, as a present dedicant of wicca, I have been informed of the (unknown) law of returns...sometimes x 3, etc.

My Good News: I no longer fear or react to the (unknown). I know that I hold my beliefs, and perform my actions, not out of fear of retribution for evil, but because I have made the active decision to be a force for good in the universe. I found that my path, and everyone's path, is the end in and of itself. It is a way of life to be followed, practiced and developed by each individual. It is a self-discipline in body, word and mind...a self-development and self-purification. It has nothing to do with belief, prayer, worship or ceremony.

Comment

If one can handle the fires of burning away delusion, of searching and wrestling and becoming one with every part of oneself, and the madness of staring into infinity and resting inside the cruel unflinching nothingness - if one can climb the mountains and survive the terrifying trials along the way, and learn and expand throughout it all...one can, in the end, after enough of it, find oneself worthy of standing beside the very gods, even the oldest of them.

There is no limit. There is no good or evil. There is nothing unattainable, to those willing and worthy and strong.

And in the end? With infinity clutched in your hands, there's no desire left. Just infinite contentment.

The rest is just a cool bonus. Life's a roller coaster, ride as many times as you like, then come home and rest content among the gods.

I think the best part for me is I don't feel like I've missed out on life, pursuing this. I never feel like I'm missing anything, not really. I never miss an experience, and I never feel empty inside. Everything is beautiful, living life simultaneously as the writer, the character, and the observer of my own story. And it just keeps getting better and better.
                            Last edited by RainbowDemonic; 09 Jun 2012, 14:29.

Comment

There is a higher power and contrary to some recent propaganda, it's not a bloodthirsty ass (and if I'm wrong then be aware that you probably don't want to meet the entity anyway).
                              life itself was a lightsaber in his hands; even in the face of treachery and death and hopes gone cold, he burned like a candle in the darkness. Like a star shining in the black eternity of space.

Yoda: Dark Rendezvous

"But those men who know anything at all about the Light also know that there is a fierceness to its power, like the bare sword of the law, or the white burning of the sun." Suddenly his voice sounded to Will very strong, and very Welsh. "At the very heart, that is. Other things, like humanity, and mercy, and charity, that most good men hold more precious than all else, they do not come first for the Light. Oh, sometimes they are there; often, indeed. But in the very long run the concern of you people is with the absolute good, ahead of all else..."

John Rowlands, The Grey King by Susan Cooper

"You come from the Lord Adam and the Lady Eve", said Aslan. "And that is both honour enough to erect the head of the poorest beggar, and shame enough to bow the shoulders of the greatest emperor on earth; be content."

Aslan, Prince Caspian by CS Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Marek View Post
                                I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is. What does it foster in your life? What does it bring to others?

The best part of my faith is the endless amount of awe it keeps me in. The bounty of the Earth Mother is ever fruitful, and it inspires my mind to be free and refreshing like the Air.

My awe of life is what gives birth to the philosophy in me. The Earth Mother provides my mind with a plethora of things to reflect about. The Animists knew well the Psychology of Mother Earth herself, having a piece of her soul present in all her creations. The humans could foresee her anger when Poseidon takes the oceans to swell, and her lust when the aroma of Persephone dances across the nose of lovers. We humans have not yet lost our connection to nature, for She is present everywhere and in all things. Her beauty is the morning sky of a new day, her love the warmth of the sun. Her subtly is the blade of grass breaking through the concrete.

To others I would say it brings the ability the have faith as well. We are more like Fire than we realize: our personal warmth spreads warmth to those who are near, and igniting those with the same passion who touch us. When two flames meet they become one flame burning brightly, and even when they separate the fire is still alive inside both of them.
                                Marek I love what you have written, it fills me with joy, and I have recently learned after thirty years of being a pagan how to change my life's perspective so that I can feel joy in my every day activities as well as when I am "between the worlds".To dance in the grove under a full moon with the fire blazing,singing, drumming, guitars playing, fellowship with my pagan friends is my "good news",but I can also say now that just being me, knowing that the universe is a wonderful place,and mother earth has blessed me, fills me with gratitude.

Comment

Working...
                                X