Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

My belief is structured and allows me to feel less stress then i had before i became what i am now. i can now sleep much easier at night....and day....or what have you...
    When an unstoppable force meets an immovable object, the force simply gets redirected and the object wins

Comment

The good news in my religion is that you are a part of the world. Not apart of the world, a part. That while you are an independent entity, possessed of a free will and consciousness, so is the rest of creation. That all of us are linked and co-dependent on each other, influence each other, and are an influence upon each other. When you achieve transcendence it should be the rest of creation that benefits and not just yourself. It advocates being accountable, responsible, and mindful of not just yourself or others, but both. Both.

Comment

In my religion, the music and poetry are magical and sacred, I am able to draw the music and sing with my instruments, there's not an easier way to explain it, it just feels wonderful. And in my religion the gods are all around us. they live in the earth, the mountains, the sun, the rain and so on... you can always feel them, and feel the force of nature!
        ~ flowers are our only garments
        only songs make our pain subside ~

Comment

I never posted here? Really? Oh well. My good news would have to be that the goal of my religious persuits is not to gain the favour of the Gods, it's not to transend the trappings of the flesh, or to live a pure, sober, chased life. The goal of my path is simply happiness in THIS incarnation. If a few glasses of wine makes me happy and aren't harming my health (which is also a tool in my journey towards my goal), then I can have them, if sex is a pleasure in my life, then it is sacred, if I only partook to make my partner happy, but actually found sex a chore, then I'd be better off chased. What would make me happier, being slim, or eating cake? That's a mystery only I can answer, and this simple choice, is a spiritual persuit for me.

And for the most part, I think I'm doing okay too, as I am pretty content. There are areas in desperate need of improvement and I COULD be happier, but my goal isn't perfection, so as long as I never give up the persuit, I think I'm doing okay.

Of course, my gods are allies on my path to happiness, and forging a relationship with them benefits us both!
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

My good news is how my belief lets me explore everything that I feel comfortable with. There are no strict guidelines, as long as I feel like what I'm doing isn't hurting myself, others, or the Earth. I also feel like I'm learning to be a better version of myself. Ever since I've been an Eclectic Pagan, I've been a calmer, more content person.

Comment

My good news is that this is the path that has no beginning and no end. This path started long before man and will continue to go on for all time. Each generation slaves away to obtain knowledge and pass it onto the next generation. We all are the universe and all energy. We never die, because energy can not be created nor destroyed. We have been here since the beginning and we will be here until the end. There is no strain to find out the answers to life, for I am a part of that answer. All I do is live my life and continue on the knowledge to the next generation and become one with the universe again.

Comment

I am currently a seeker. Born and raised Christian, I am working through conflicting beliefs and ideals.

I would like to say that my good news is that everything in creation contains a consciousness, from inanimate objects to natural phenomena from air to intent, from time to space- human beings need not even be mentioned. I would like to say that, even though the degree of consciousness varies per existence, they have all had life breathed into them by a primordial, omniscient, omnipotent, omnipresent Entity, which is simultaneously benevolent as a doting mother and harsh as a stern father, and everything in between and then some. I would like to say that, despite the fact that each and every one of these existences contain flaws (again, humans need not be mentioned), they are all precious in their own right. I would like to say that this Entity, which operates on a plane of existence far beyond even the most powerful existences (time, planetes, man-made constructs which are perceived as "gods", whom I like to think of as Archtypes) possesses an infinite amount of love and compassion for all of these existences. I would like to say that, when an existence nears it's end, this Entity, on a plane so far above everything else, operating under unimaginable laws and properties that the human mind cannot even begin to comprehend, prepares a special place for it, unique in all of creation. I would like to say that these special places, these... Reserved Spheres, encompass everything that the existence could possibly require to live out an eternity in bliss, supplied with each and everyone pleasure it experienced in life, coupled with pleasures given by this Entity that would have been unimaginable during life. I would like to say that this Entity has constructed an astral library (Buddhists call it "Arayashiki", a certain Psychologist referred to it as the "Collective Unconscious", most people call it the "Akasha") for certain existence's that it has created, an awe inspiring database that has recorded every picosecond of every nanosecond of every second of every minute of every hour of every day of every week of every month of every year of every decade of every century of every millennium of every eon of life, that has existed on every planet of every dimension in every plane since long before time itself began. I would like to say that existences pop up left and right, and that every work of fantasy and fiction that has spawned from human imagination is in fact an actualized reality granted existence by this Entity. I would like to say that this Entity, in all of It's benevolence, has bequeathed unto us free will, the will to chose, the right to be the master of their fate, the chance to be the captain of their soul. I would like to say that the prophets of old were greatly in tune with this Entity, (Christ, Messiah, the Buddha, Krishna, the Imam Mahdi, what have you).

I would like to believe in what I have said here. But I cannot be sure if I am close to the Truth here, or if I am just a late-blooming chuunibyou who wants to think that he has everything figured out with some optimistic, grandiose, grand unified theory that he has created by observing bits and pieces of the many theologies and ideologies that men much greater than myself have contemplated.

Unfortunately, I cannot say any of this with any degree of certainty- however, there is one thing that I can say, one thing that I can guarantee with Absolute Certainty- when an existence nears it's end, it's life energy diffuses and melts into the world as it sleeps forever, resting peacefully.

If nothing else, this sole thought gives me peace. When I feel as though I am all alone in this world, forsaken by everyone and everything, surrounded by self-centered people only concerned for their own existence, this single thought puts a smile on my face, as I imagine them sleeping happily, dreaming in bliss, forgetting about all of their worries, forgetting about all of their sorrows... Just... Sleeping... Happily. And hopefully, dreaming. Dreaming happy dreams. And, if they so chose to look back at their life, to reconnect the bits and pieces and look at the ring they create, they will change it for their sake, and spin it anew, so that they can be themselves again.

It isn't much, and it could well be nothing more than a fleeting wish from an ephemeral flame, fated to be inevitably snuffed out, but... I can cling to this- can't I? Do I have the right to call this a "Gospel"?

Comment

Ready for some upg?!

Life can depart a body, but it can't depart a soul. The moment of separation [between body and soul, probably at the moment of death]
                  This is what Lucifer communicated to me on the second encounter I had with him. Changed my life in more ways than one.

Check out my blog! The Daily Satanist

Comment

Compassion, love and peace in the hardest time of a person's life...the end of it. The best thing about my beliefs is trusting that there is something greater than the physical plane. It brings me hope and faith when the people I take care of pass on, which no matter how much "professional distance" you can muster you can't be unaffected by the death of someone you've helped for months.

Comment

My faith has done countless things for me. But I'll summarize the best.

People think of Odin and they think that he would be militant in nature due to his ties to war and combat. But in fact through worship of him I gained a controllable temper, no longer will I fight for stupid disagreements, I save that awesome power that I and everybody has, which is basically the power to do harm physically, but I refuse to use it for moot reasons, I'd rather use it to fight a evil than right my wrongs.

Also, a certain humbling in the fact that I think of Odin (I usually stick with Odin in my religion because he is like my patron god.) is this magnificent warrior, full of wisdom, knowledge, gouged out his own eye for knowledge, so dedicated.

And then theres me, this guy who just wants to do proud by him, so it really made me think over my life, dumb decisions I made etc.

Also, I no longer fear the challenges of life, I have been brought to an understanding that challenges make you better and add character and experience. Something I was ignorant to before.

It also has brought me diversity in that because I am Asatru people immediately think I'm a white supremacist. So it gives me a chance to educate people on my religion and why it is not a white supremacy religion by nature at all, we just happen to have a lot of them. So it lets me spread a bit of knowledge and set myself apart from the misconceptions.

There are more but I'm tired.
                      White and Red 'till I'm cold and dead.
                      sigpic
                      In Days of yore,
                      From Britain's shore
                      Wolfe the dauntless hero came
                      And planted firm Britannia's flag
                      On Canada's fair domain.
                      Here may it wave,
                      Our boast, our pride
                      And joined in love together,
                      The thistle, shamrock, rose entwined,
                      The Maple Leaf Forever.

Comment

My good news is that despite all the bad, the good stuff is starting to fall into place and everything is starting to make a bit more sense. Certainly took it long enough, but it is, so I feel like I'm a lot better off than I have been in a long while, even on my bad days.
                        It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                        -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

The fact (or at least in my belief) that the Universe is not like high school. It's not gonna give you five hundred things to master and then expect them to be mastered by your next birthday. You get there when you get there. And I love that.

Comment

I love hearing about good news from others... that's my good news
                            My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

I love the fact that after I decided to follow a pagan path, I feel freer and more clear headed about spirituality.
                              You (Pagan Forum people) are a part of the good news for me. I used to be a part of a Christian Forum. They were always so judgmental and hateful. You have always made me feel welcome and you've never been judgmental and let me figure things out for myself. Thank you.
                              I am a woman in a mans body and I hate being in the wrong body. I want out of this body. It's like a prison cell.

I used to be known as AdamKane in these parts.

Hail Satan.

Comment

Seek Enlightenment. Evolve. Achieve Perfect Self-Liberation. Always be enveloped with compassion.
                                Most importantly, Smile.

Comment

Working...
                                X