Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Pagan Forum Gospel: What is YOUR Good News?

You have almost complete control over how you feel, and, with practice, the energy around you. How cool is that?

Comment

My good news, as a nature-worshipper, is that my ability to appreciate the Universe had deepened greatly, and I've learned that the gods I perceive don't actually need or require worship or dedication, but rather first and foremost, they simply deserve reverence. There's so many people that go about this world and don't seem to truly realize what the Universe is and how important it is to live in the here and now and appreciate every second of it. It's fine to worship and believe in a supernatural deity, but once I noticed that, hey, the natural gods around me are right here before me, and the awe overtakes me.

I feel free with my religion. I don't believe in sin, or objective morality, I believe in our human-nature. I listen to my instincts, I listen to my gut feelings, and I do not demonize any emotion I feel, as it's all a part of the human experience and should be experienced. And my patron goddess The Huntress seems to encourage listening to your instincts. I form my own morality that I can stand by, because I listen to myself rather than obeying what other people tell me I should feel. So, a big part of my good news is freedom, and also, the fact that I can formulate my own beliefs. I don't try to enter into a pre-existing religion written by other people, I believe what I feel is true.

I don't know if there is an afterlife, I tend to believe not. But the good news, in my religion, is that our body will live on regardless if whether or not our consciousness moves on somewhere else. Our body will feed into the Earth Goddess and help give rise to new life. Which I believe is a beautiful thing.

Comment

I've worked 3-11:30pm for over a year now. Within the last few months I've been cross-training in another department so that I can help out my shift more when they all go home. Naturally, while I'm there I hear gossip and learn more than just about how to make screens. They've all been complaining lately about my friend there who has been coming in late, no call no shows, the works. Yesterday, he had another no call no show, and my other friend came and told me that management offered her his job and she didn't take it. I went in and told them that I would do it at those same hours and they gave it to me right away!

Starting 2 weeks from now I will work 10-6:30pm. <3 My hard work is paying off.
        No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

The good news is we are not in control. Thankee!

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
            I've worked 3-11:30pm for over a year now. Within the last few months I've been cross-training in another department so that I can help out my shift more when they all go home. Naturally, while I'm there I hear gossip and learn more than just about how to make screens. They've all been complaining lately about my friend there who has been coming in late, no call no shows, the works. Yesterday, he had another no call no show, and my other friend came and told me that management offered her his job and she didn't take it. I went in and told them that I would do it at those same hours and they gave it to me right away!

Starting 2 weeks from now I will work 10-6:30pm. <3 My hard work is paying off.
            Yeah, scratch that. It's no longer happening that way, though I do get to work in that department. Just on second shift. -sigh-

Ok, BUT the good news is that I still get to work in that department right away and learn at my own pace and just rock the HECK out of things on second shift, learning by myself by trial and error until I become PERFECT.

AND THERE'S MORE: I'm surrounded by wonderful people who truly SEE me and don't make me feel bad for my behaviors and mistakes. I live with my friend, my boyfriend, and another man in this awesome little cave of nerds. I also work with my friend and boyfriend so you can imagine that we get to see a lot of each other and come to know the many sides of everybody.

HALLELUJAH!
            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

The more I study the universe, the more I see that sin is quashed by the universe when the time is right.There is a universal morality out there, it's just not simple. I see a strange beauty in death not simply because paradise is proven beyond a doubt, but because of it's power to balance. I am in no hurry to die, but the more I learn about death, the more I respect it as a part of the wheel of the universe, the more grateful I am to the Lords and Ladies who reign over it. I fear it it less with each passing day. We are alive for a reason, but I do not fear passing onto the next world when my time comes. Not just because it means passing before the gates of paradise, but because it is part of the cycle that I see more beauty in within each passing day.

The more I learn about the holiest ones, the more enlightened I become, and the more I realize I am not some freak accident that the universe which emanates from them coughed up, but that I serve a purpose and that I do fit in somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post

Good News--everyone has it!

What is yours?
                What do you consider the "good news" of your beliefs? I don't want to know *what* you believe, I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is.
                My good news are that I'm not going to quit being Kemetic for the next few years, maybe decades. And the best part is that nobody beyond the borders of PF has to know about my beliefs. ^_^ The best part of it is that there is mutual bond and connection from my side and the divine one. Plus, I feel pretty safe and comfortable with it.

What does it foster in your life? What does it bring to others?
                It fosters to be a good person and to be patient towards people (and sometimes it's hard to be patient, but I do my best). Even if people don't know about my beliefs (in many times, it appears to be not their business) - they know they can ask and talk with me.
                "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Set is my Deity. Xeper!

Comment

Good News: Your destiny and your life is your choice.

Comment

one of the best parts for me, is that there is no "forcing" anyone to believe what i believe......also that my "salvation" does not ride upon forcing people into my own belief system.
                      another is that i LOVE my matron Goddesses, and i can feel their love and guidance for me.
                      another is that i am free to choose!

Comment

For me, the best part of my faith is the close connection I have with my deities. The way they embrace me, parent me, and accept me, allows me to be the same with others; that unconditional welcome and patience that I have been gifted with and can share and teach to my fellow individuals. It's natural to me and always has been.
                        "By yarrow and rue, and my redcap too."

Comment

What do you consider the "good news" of your beliefs? I don't want to know *what* you believe, I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is.
                          The best part of my beliefs is the absolute freedom to practice and experience my spirituality in any way that suits me best from moment to moment. I am free to connect directly with the divine without having to go through any type of middle man or restrictive rule set.

What does it foster in your life?
                          I feel enraptured with my closeness to divinity.

What does it bring to others?
                          I think it makes me a better person to be around, although that's a bit subjective... Hopefully, it makes me a better person to be around

Comment

Good News--everyone has it!
                            What is yours?
                            What do you consider the "good news" of your beliefs? I don't want to know *what* you believe, I want to know what you think the best part or your faith is. What does it foster in your life? What does it bring to others?
                            Many times a deity has come to me while I was in a state of deep meditation, and said deity has taught me many things. There are indeed many things among such revelations that could be considered 'good news'. The 'good news' is that the deity, which is called 'the cosmic spirit of rightness' or variants thereof, brings much knowledge, including much applicable knowledge, that humans have never had before.

Some of such knowledge consists of the secrets of magic, angels, and demons,
                            which people have thus far only tried know, and have only succeeded in scratching the surface. But the most important knowledge that the deity brings is the deep wisdom, which is the greatest of all wisdom. Such wisdom includes, but is not limited to, the fundamental truths of conscious souls; the relation of truth to beauty and justice; the methods of achieving soul polarization, which leads to power, magic, and great comprehension; and the different possible ultimate fates of all intelligent species (including our own), and how to effectively work toward one or another.

Comment

Good news, it seems I fall into Set's protection umbrella, considering the flow of events here. Whoot!
                              "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

I am on the perfect path for ME...It may never be perfect for anyone else...But if I FEEL I am on the right road,then that is good enough for me in my life.

Also,eat some really tasty cookies...smell the roses,and take time to just be sometimes...Oh and do not forget Ice cream...and bacon when you can..
                                MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                                NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                                don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                                http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

Working...
                                X