Mabon Plans?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mabon Plans?

Anyone have Mabon plans, ideas, rituals, etc?
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Mabon Plans?

I'm not sure yet...I have to work that day so I'll probably not even get home until 7-8, but I want to somehow give thanks for what I -did- get out of my garden this year, because the weather was so crap that anything I got at all was just pure luck!

A couple of weeks later is Canadian Thanksgiving/German Erntedankfest (loosly translated as 'harvest thanks festival), which is also based on old skool fall harvest festivals, and I always have a big dinner and give a lot of thanks then as well. The Canadian one is pretty secular, and so is the German, but the German one is mostly only celebrated by farmers and rural people (of any religion and denomination)

Comment

Two nights ago, L and I talked about what we wanted to do about holidays, and per his request, we're switching to a non-Christian holiday year. Still trying to decide what to do for Mabon/Fallfeast/whatever, but looking forward to it. We need a celebration right now.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

The annoying roommate has moved out (happy dance!) so I will have my altar room back as soon as we move a few things into his old room and I sweep the dreadful-looking carpet, so it looks like I'll be able to hold my usual ritual this year. My ritual for the Autumn Equinox was greatly influenced by the one in J&S Farrar's Eight Sabbats for Witches, as were most of my sabbat rituals. It involves adorning my altar with pine cones, fruit, fall flowers, colored leaves and, ideally, poppies, in honor of Demeter; a passage which speaks of the balance between light and darkness giving way to the dark of the year; performing a spiral-patterned dance about the Circle; contemplation of an ear of wheat; a farewell to the Sun God; and a hymn to Demeter.

I hope to make a special dinner for my roommates and myself. So far I've thought of fried green tomatoes, fried zucchini, sauteed mushrooms and peppers, cornbread, deviled eggs, and ham. If some or all of this isn't possible I'll just fix a normal dinner and ask Mother Earth and Sun King to bless it.

I'd like to go to the park and take a walk around, lie on the ground and meditate and pray, maybe collect some good plants or leaves.

And of course I'll be whipping up a batch of incense for the occasion. My incense for the Equinox is composed of frankincense, myrrh, benzoin, cinnamon, calendula, cedarwood, white sandalwood, sage, and a tiny bit of clove oil.
        Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
        -Erik Erikson

Comment

If it's on a school day, I'll probably just do a ritual or two. But if it's on a weekend (I have no calendar close by right now) I'm gonna spend the whole day connecting with nature and doing many many rituals which I have in my trusty B.o.S
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
          X