What do you think evil is?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What do you think evil is?

As others have stated, personally to me it's just a word or judgment often affected by cultural and/or religious environments or even by species. A human might say, "Murder is evil", but from the ground on which a murdered corpse lay, countless insects and molds and fungi might say (if we were to personalize them) "This is good, I have food now". We might say that's "gross", because we see the faces of our fellow man devoured by tiny creatures which bear diseases harmful or deadly to us. We fear darkness because symbolically speaking, therein predators lurk, and many associate evil with 'darkness' out of this viewpoint and sense of symbology, with 'light' or 'white' being good - while to many, white is the pallor of death and darkness the aura of wisdom.

It is ALL subjective, to me.

That being said...speaking from my own personal experience and viewpoint and set of beliefs, there are certain things that as MaskedOne put it, "trip my 'Kill it with fire' line" and incite a special kind of rage in me. Animal abuse, cruelty and murder of the innocent or powerless or compromised, tyranny, and demonizing/vilifying/punishing the innocent being some of the biggest hot button issues for me. I myself am all for the little guy and all against tyrannical authority and rampant cruelty. But that's because of the way I am and the life I've lived and these eyes I see through, and I realize that on some level.

Comment

I believe evil is something that tries to damn nature and makes it seem wrong or immoral. Making marijuana or poppies or psychedelic mushrooms illegal, for instance, would be evil in my book. I believe evil tries to impede peaceful human interaction and trade and agreement. Making illegal the sale or trade of marijuana, opium, mushrooms etc. between peaceful individuals, for instance, would be evil in my book. Basically anything that tries or succeeds in interrupting the flow of nature, whether it be humans interacting with each other, or humans interacting with plants or natural substances. In short, I believe the government is evil.

Comment

I think that evil is largely subjective. I see it as a way for people to describe the actions of "them". It's a trait that you never see on your own side of the fence. It's always "those other people". Whether it's someone in a different socioeconomic position, someone in another nation, of another culture, of a different race, with a different sexuality, someone in a position of power, etc.
        And all that mentality does is encourage them to see you as evil.
        "Keep me away from the wisdom which does not cry, the philosophy which does not laugh and the greatness which does not bow before children." - Khalil Gibran

Comment

"Evil" is a moral judgement applied to things that one does not like.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Working...
          X