This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreams with snakes...?

So, in my memory I have never dreamnt of snakes. And I have never had a fear of them.
    This afternoon I took a nap and began to dream. now I am assuming i was laying wrong and got pins and needles all over my pysical body, but this is what happened in my dream.
    In the dream, I knelt down by a potted plant to look at something on the floor, I was surprised to see a baby snake dripping from it, then another and another. alarmed I stood up away from the snake and began to call to my sister. Only to realize that the small snakes were actually all over this inside of my shirt and in my hair. I could feel them wriggling all over me and nipping at me. Not Biting down, but nipping. It was very uncomfortable, I struggled to remove them from my person and called to my sister for help. There was only one large snake, I removed him but he DID bit me hard on the finger. The snakes were not hurting me, but i was frightened because of the way they made me feel. in the dream I removed them all and immediately ran into the ocean. All the while I was being "slithered upon" there was a man with a camera laughing at me.
    weirdness yes? I've never dreamt of snakes before. I usually dream of dogs, always dogs.
    i know very little of dream symbolism, anyone who has a lil more knowledge have any thoughts on this dream?
    I'm sure its just a dream, but just thought it was weird that I never dream of snakes and did.

Re: Dreams with snakes...?

IN my own experience snakes often point to a crisis of belief... possibly you feel unable to follow the path you would like because you are afraid of other people's reactions?
    www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

That's a very interesting dream.

When people come on here asking about dreams, I usually offer the same suggestion: to write every little detail down and then go through, taking each concept separately and writing about what it might possibly mean to you. Sometimes it's easier to pick up sub-context that way.

I think you also ought to look into some of the variations on snake symbolism that exist out there.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

it very well could be something like this. I grew up in such a religiously constrict household that I often second guess myself. Also after all the terrible things I have been through over the last 5 years I began to question my religious choices, which is what led me to paganism in the first place. inside me is a vicious battle of the beliefs I was raised with verses the beliefs or things I am discovering. the differences often scare me. because I was raised to deeply in one way to stray from that can often feel frightening and wrong and still I wonder if I am on the right path. I fear prayer because of past results so often feel lost. My mind and heart are searching for answers and guidance but are so afraid at the same time. it could be something like this for sure, the day before I had had another strange dreams about letting myself go of these same fears.
        As for symbolism. I did do some research this afternoon on the matter.Amusingly enough the one that made the most sense to me was being "over-sexed" and stressed about it. I am considerably older then my partner and at times it can be very stressful!!
        Thanks for your thoughts ladies

Comment

another idea on snakes in a dream is sometimes they represent something we dislike about ourselves the man laughing could be that you are afraid to show this dislikeable thing to others because of the same reaction (being laughed at or being seen as disgusting.)

Comment

Snakes can also be a symbol of transformation which it sounds like you are going through. The shedding likened to the casting off of your old self or old beliefs.

Comment

Old post, but still feel like typing. Agreeing with the last poster (sort of), snakes are universally symbolic of rebirth/rejuvination. They usually signify a time and a need for you to do some serious reflecting and do some "weeding", cleaning, polishing and renewing acknowledgment of your personal/emotional/spiritual/intellectual self (etc...).

I wouldn't say they are really a symbol of transformation (which is signified better by the butterfly and its metamorphosis), but it is similar in that you're streamlining yourself and leaving the useless clutter behind you as you move forward with what has worked in the past and will continue to serve you in the future as you embark on new journeys for information and growth.

Comment

Working...
              X