This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Tips for keeping warm

Ah, I couldn't be without my hot water bottle! We've really managed to keep our costs down this year. Haha take that energy companies 凸(^o^)
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I have learned to climb into bed with a very large, hairy man that closely resembles a bear in order to keep warm.
      No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
        I have learned to climb into bed with a very large, hairy man that closely resembles a bear in order to keep warm.
        I would, but I think JP would complain.. well, unless it's Simon from Yogcast.. I think he has a little man crush..
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Try to concentrate on the heat your body makes, and stay focused on this heat.
          "Fair means that everybody gets what they need. And the only way to get that is to make it happen yourself."

Since I adore cats, I might write something strange or unusual in my comment.Cats are awesome!!! ^_^

Comment

Oh let's see. I found a handy dandy thing this last year. They're hot packs from Sam's Club. I can't remember the name of them but they have a little metal disc that you pop and they heat up. They're not just good for keeping warm, but also good for using as a heating pad. To get them back to "normal" you boil them and then you can use THAT warmth to keep warm. They have foot and hand shaped ones too. They have a lifetime guarantee too.

- - - Updated - - -

That does nothing for poor circulation.

Originally posted by Gleb View Post
            Try to concentrate on the heat your body makes, and stay focused on this heat.

Comment

Blanket will be the best of all i guess it makes you warm and keeps warm till you are under it.

Comment

I learned a body heating trick many years ago. I tried it and found actually worked. It was taught to me by a martial Qi Gong teacher. It is as simple as holding your thumb with the other hand, you can hold either thumb but the left seemed to be a common preference.

Comment

"warm" thoughts hehe

Comment

Originally posted by rocky View Post
                    Blanket will be the best of all i guess it makes you warm and keeps warm till you are under it.
                    This all the way!! And a hot water bottle!

So, gas prices are set to go up, yet again, by around 6%. As if we aren't all being squeezed enough as it is! Last year, JP and I moved the futon into the living room and we camped out there together with all the radiators turned off other than the one in the toilet and the one in the living room, which we only put on for 2 hours max per day. Often, we would simply get too warm and have to switch the radiator off!

I'm done with sleeping on the floor. It was good when I was flat sharing and only had a small living space. I liked folding up my bed and tidying it away, or using it as a seat through the day. We actually have space now though, so I want a bed. I was going to get one soon, and then get a new sofa in the new year, but I have decided to get a sofa bed now, so we can camp in the living room like last year, and wait until the new year to get a bed. I've seen a really nice sofa bed at half the price I expected to have to pay. We needed it anyway and it will save us money over the colder months, so I've just about made up my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Bjorn View Post
                      yes bears are good!

Comment

Here's a good article on cutting 87% of your electric heating bill:
                        richsoil dot com slash electric-heat dot jsp

Comment

Luckily for me I am my own radiator. I can sweat myself out with no problem. That being said my husband likes to keep the house around 64 degrees when he sleeps. I am also completely ok with this as I said because I can sweat us both out otherwise. There is a throw blanket on each couch and I have fleece p.j.'s that I live in. I also have two dogs who feel the need to be right on top of me constantly so that helps with staying warm as well.
                          "If you want to know what a man is like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals." -- Sirius Black

"Time is an illusion, lunch time doubly so."-- Ford Prefect

Comment

I'm going to stay warm by never leaving my bed.

Seriously. Today it's a Herculean task.
                            No one tells the wind which way to blow.

Comment

Here in NJ it is COLD!!,it was down to ZERO last night,thats F,not C...Wind chill was -20 over night..
                              MAGIC is MAGIC,black OR white or even blood RED

all i ever wanted was a normal life and love.
                              NO TERF EVER WE belong Too.
                              don't stop the tears.let them flood your soul.

sigpic

my new page here,let me know what you think.

nothing but the shadow of what was

witchvox
                              http://www.witchvox.com/vu/vxposts.html

Comment

^^^ Same here in MO. I'd love to find somewhere I can live that's always between 50-80 with low humidity. Perhaps I'll someday reincarnate onto that planet.
                                sigpic
                                Can you hear me, Major Tom? I think I love you.

Comment

Working...
                                X