Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats going on here? Animal connection/animal signs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats going on here? Animal connection/animal signs.

Hello everyone.

So I had a moment during an emergancy last night which has actually prompted me to be here. I have never felt so connected to another creature at any other time than last night even though it was only for a second. Don't worry, hah, this isn't going anywhere weird. And I'm sorry for the wall of text to explain but I feel like I need to explain.

My idiot self had taken out my royal python (Dante) and had not checked to see if my cat was there who has a very high prey drive. She went after him but thankfully I chased her away before any harm was done to him but somehow he had found a tiny hole in the arm of my desk chair I was sitting in. He was scared and tried to cram himself in there managing to get stuck before I was done with the cat. I feel horrible about it and of course panicked when I realized he wasn't able to free himself from the of the arm of the chair (I was ripping the thing apart to get to him). At one point I was holding two metal parts apart just to keep it from crushing his little head while he was stuck there. Long story short I had managed to rip the arm free and get him safely into a position where he wasn't in immediate danger then rushed 40 minutes late at night to an emergency exotic clinic. I let him coil about me the whole time trying to keep him warm against my stomach (usually he loves laying there or around my neck).

Well the moment that hit me was when the vet came in to take Dante and I began to let go. He gripped me (as to be expected) and I almost felt like something flashed within me was telling me "please don't leave" and a feeling of being scared and not knowing what was happening. So I held onto him longer making my innerself as comforting as possible (if that makes sense). In the next moment he relaxed and I let them take him. When he returned to me my sweet tempered boy reared back almost to strike at the vet but I reached in to grab him and his temper calmed instantly. On the way home I safely kept him beneath my shirt for the warmth and he stayed peacefully and completely content.

I understand there is a strong chance I am applying my own feelings to little things he did but the flash of emotion was intense and I felt like I almost tapped into something or some type of connection. I'm one of those people that 'debunk'. That really don't know what to believe but there have been small collections of things that have been happening like this. Like a few months ago I was dreaming someone was telling me to wake up and when I woke up there was a tiny sparrow literally tapping my window and peaking in and had no fear of me. That's why I'm here. I want to understand more. If this happens to people? And if so what is it called? Or if I'm just crazy. Haha.

Hope someone can enlighten me.

Re: Whats going on here? Animal connection/animal signs.

It's perfectly natural to have an empathic moment with a pet, no matter what type of pet it is.

I've spent almost 20 years with my two pythons (although I call them 'ball' instead of 'royal' because most people are familiar w/'ball python'), and most of my life with various snakes & lizards as pets, and I can tell they do have personality and emotional responses. I respond to them the same way I would to any pet - if they're anxious (like when I've taken them outside), if they're curious about something, if they're hungry, if they're startled. I can tell the difference between, "hey, I'm not comfortable with your hand in my tank" and "GTFO of my tank, now!!!" Snakes and other reptiles, amphibians and insects all have some type of 'feelings' that people can pick up on if they're attentive and aware. Snakes, just like a dog or cat, can also pick up on the subtle clues that indicate your emotional or mental state, too - if you're calm and relaxed, they'll be calm & relaxed. Start to get nervous, the snake may get restless or defensive.
    The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Re: Whats going on here? Animal connection/animal signs.

Yeah, I know what you're saying. Dante, as with all animals I have had or work with (studying in zoology, working in a kennel, volunteer with exotics, and have sold exotics along side the ones I have 'owned') have all had distinct personalities and you can pick up on what they are feeling or thinking. That's not exactly what I'm getting at though. It just felt different than the usual communication we have as snake and handler which is what really struck me. I dunno. Maybe I am crazy. It just made me feel like there was something that I'm missing being 'in tune with' about the world around me and was hoping someone could give some insight on possible things that may be which had triggered that intense feeling with my royal/ball.

Comment

Working...
      X