This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to start...

I'm relatively new to paganism, thought about it for the past 5 months but never really actively did anything. I'm just not sure where to start my path. I was once an atheist but stopped after becomming more open minded and questioning if science really had the answers. I don't think I can do this on my own either which is why I've come here.

I feel a connection to nature. I feel everything has essentially come from nature. Nature is something that has always been and always will be. Nature is everything around us. I feel more connected to nature in a place where it is more natural (like environments such as forests).

I am agnostic on the belief of there being a god or multiple gods. I want to learn more about myself spiritualy. Maybe if I tried speaking to a god directly in a place where I am alone like a wood.

There are big questions I hope I can answer on my spiritual journey. Questions such as, How did the universe begin? Does the soul exist? Is there an afterlife? A god? I feel science will never be able to answer these questions.

So I'm looking for a place to start, a direction to go in, nature and the respect for it's creatures is key for me.

Re: Where to start...

Merry Meet Elven. Perhaps this article can give you some ideas on where to begin looking for the answers you seek. Brightest Blessings to you whatever path you tred.
    )O( Blessed Be )O(
    Raven Rin

My Blog
    Raven Rin's Pagan Nest
    The Adventures and Home of a Pagan Mother
    http://ravenrinspagannest.blogspot.com/

Comment

Try this link,

Gunnarr Sandisson
      "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
      Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Or send me three equal monthly payments of $ 29.95 and you too can become a Pagan with our patented Pagan-in-a-Pouch Kit ... Included is a genuine fake naugahide pocket pouch to hold all your bobbles and thingamajigs (No naugas were harmed in its making) ...
        j/k

Greetings and welcome to the other side ... Just wind your way around here and you will find quite a bit of info and suggestions from a plethora of peoples that have been on their paths from a week or so to a couple of dozen years ... Remember, if something does not feel quite right to you, then do something else ... :P

edit: Dang my post count is the pits ... I hate it when things get reset ...
        I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them ... John Bernard Books

Indian Chief 'Two Eagles' was asked by a white government official; "You have observed the white man for 90 years. You've seen his wars and his technological advances. You've seen his progress, and the damage he's done."

The Chief nodded in agreement.

The official continued; "Considering all these events, in your opinion, where did the white man go wrong?"

The Chief stared at the government official for over a minute and then calmly replied.. "When white man find land, Indians running it, no taxes, no debt, plenty buffalo, plenty beaver, clean water. Women did all the work, Medicine Man free. Indian man spend all day hunting and fishing; all night having sex."

Then the chief leaned back and smiled; "Only white man dumb enough to think he could improve system like that."

Comment

Welcome to PF. Hopefully you find the answers you are looking for. Unfortunately the questions you ask will never have definite answers, at least until you pass away from this life. But I have found it is best to believe in what FEELS right to YOU. Good luck! May the God/dess bless your day.
          sigpic

Comment

Welcome, I hope you find your answers
            "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
            - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

Working...
            X