dressing for the season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dressing for the season

Last weekend, my wife and I, along with Monk and his wife went to the Midwest Witches' Ball, a HUGE pagan costume party. Here's what we wore...

The theme was "Through the Looking Glass," which explains why both Monk and I are white rabbits.

Here's me and the missus (she's the Duchess, I'm The White Rabbit Bunny Warrior of Death):

And here I am putting the moves on wifey in the hotel lobby:

Here's Monk and the little (little tiny) woman. She's smiling because she got to be the red queen, and, secretly, she's always believed that she's a queen, so she's glad to be finally recognized:

If anybody else has costume pictures, post 'em here!
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Re: dressing for the season

Thanks for posting these Corbin as you know I suck at posting photos. Also thanks for taking us to the witch's ball it was a lot of fun!

But what do you mean she thinks she's a queen? I still can't get her to take the crown off and this bowing thing is getting old!
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Love it!
      �Experience is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted. And experience is often the most valuable thing you have to offer.�
      ― Randy Pausch, The Last Lecture
      Sneak Attack
      Avatar picture by the wonderful and talented TJSGrimm.

Comment

Haha! Looks like you had fun x
        "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

Yeah - as much as I remember was fun...
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

How cool! Loving these costumes

Comment

Sorry, I didn't notice the bartender ran out of coke for your drink.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

Yeah...

I noticed that the rum & coke started getting increasingly transparent as the night progressed...

Comment

I thought you liked rum?

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Hah! That's awesome! I hope some more people post pictures...
                      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Nice pics guys! I wish I could have gone. There is always next year

And as for the rum...

(Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl)
                        Elizabeth: Yes, the rum is gone.
                        Jack Sparrow: Why is the rum gone?
                        Elizabeth: One: because it is a *vile* drink that turns even the most respectable men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high. The entire royal navy is out looking for me; do you think there is even the slightest chance they wont see it?
                        Jack Sparrow: But why is the rum gone?
                        sigpic

Comment

LMAO - You gotta love Jack Sparrow...

He knows his priorities.

Comment

Sophie (a pink owl) and Collin (The Green Knight, Sir Collin the Brave--his costume still has some work to do, but he wanted to play in it):
                            Attached Files
                            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                            sigpic

Comment

These are great costumes thalassa. Wheres yours?

Comment

Working...
                              X