Christmas gift advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas gift advice

Hey everyone! I know it's a bit early, but the guy I'm seeing is coming to visit in 6 weeks so I'm sort of thinking about this now. I want to get him something for Christmas, but we haven't established that we're exchanging gifts. I did get him a birthday gift and sent it to him in Afghanistan (he was stationed there at the time)...it was just some chocolates and something silly I made. I wanted to maybe do something similar for Christmas, especially since he's making the effort to come visit me, but I don't know what. I don't want it to be expensive because I think it might make him feel a bit bad (because he knows I don't have a lot of money), but I do want it to be cute and personal. Ideas?

Re: Christmas gift advice

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
    But I do want it to be cute and personal. Ideas?
    Sounds like you, nothing better than someone giving of themselves by just spending time together.
    Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I'm a gift person though. I want to spend time with him AND give him a little something....maybe even something homemade?

Comment

Then that's what you should do. You seem to have indicated he might be in the military or travels a lot. So how about a small photo(one photo per page type)album with some pitchers of you in it so that when he is away he can look at them and think of you.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

You could make muffins/cupcakes for him with smilie faces or the letters of his favorite *insert type of thing here*
          "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
          - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

You could always go with a coupon book -

'This coupon good for a 30-minute massage', 'this coupon good for a home-cooked dinner', that kind of thing
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

I know your thinking a small photo album is out of date. But if he is deployed he may not be able to take an electronic device out in the field with him. Where as he could easily stash a photo or two in a pocket somewhere to take with him.

Comment

Working...
              X