Samhain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Samhain

I'm new to Paganism, and this year is my first Samhain. Does anyone know any simple, easy and preferably cheap ways to celebrate it?

Re: Samhain

Cheapest easiest way is to simply enjoy what everyone else does, and get a little personal joy from the fact that after about a thousand years, they STILL can't keep a good holiday down!
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

This is the first year I have actually attempted to do anything besides wear my pentagram necklace. I cast my very first circle using limited supplies (incense, a candle, salt, and water), and collected a few household supplies to do very basic spells for new beginnings. I did a spell to cast out negative traits by writing personal traits about myself on pieces of paper and burning them while saying "I burn this trait now from my life, upon this sacred Samhain night. It is gone from me at last, just a memory from the past."

I gave thanks to nature and to new beginnings, gave reverence to the dead, and had a mini-libation/feast of a pumpkin tea cake and wine while I listened to music and meditated on new beginnings and the casting off of negativity from the past.

It was all very basic, very cheap, and I'll be honest - I was awkward as hell lol It my first time actually trying to cast a circle, and I stumbled through it. But I'm glad I did it. It was a nice way to honor the changing of the season and the witch's new year.

Comment

^Big old smile on my face. Just had a great time celebrating Samhain and passing out candy to the little ones.
        Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

It's the first year I have celebrated Samhain in a long time so I decided to keep it simple. I did a couple of tarot readings, toasted my personal gods and lit a candle for my ancestors and recently departed.
          http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I had a lot of fun things planned for Samhain... but in the end, I ended up at work until 9pm and exhausted after that. Did manage to spend 3 hours at work passing out candy to little kids and getting a little tipsy off Digironno (yeah I'm sure I spelled that wrong) and watching Pulse with the hubby after all the street lights went out.

Comment

I didn't manage to do anything this year, but I have a load of rituals for next year
              "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
              - Open world; Wounds closed.

Comment

I lead my coven through a ritual designed to honor anyone we have known that has passed away as well as our ancestors. The altar was covered in photos of loved ones and items that had belonged to them. We also had a section in the ritual where anyone who wanted to contact the deceased could write a letter and burn it in the cauldron for the smoke to send the message to the other side of the veil and to intended purpose. And then there was a potluck with yummy food.

Comment

Working...
                X