Wicca in Local Paper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wicca in Local Paper

Well, I finally got tired of the fears of Wicca in my town and submitted an article topic for this last Halloween. The paper ran with it and my coven and I made front page! Not the world's greatest article, but not the worst I've seen on Wicca in a newspaper. I'm quite pleased with it.

Re: Wicca in Local Paper

Well that's neat Congrats.
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Thanks. Due to the article several pagans have actually started to be open about it. Local college students have emailed me saying they now feel like they aren't so alone in our town.

Comment

That's awesome! Congratulations!
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

That's pretty awesome, GSW! Also, good job breaking the news to them as gently as possible, although I think part of that is just because it's Wicca, so there's not a lot of scary stuff built in. Next you should root out a kindred somewhere in your area and have THEM do an interview, after that you'll never get bothered again because you'll look like saints in comparison.
          "Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others."
          -Thomas Jefferson

Let a man never stir on his road a step
          without his weapons of war;
          for unsure is the knowing when the need shall arise
          of a spear on the way without.
          -

Comment

Wootage! Congrats on this
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

Congrats! That's awesome!

Comment

Very cool. It's nice to see an article that can discuss witchcraft without making a bunch of dumb jokes that divert from the topic at hand. It's also great that you have such a large community in your town. I wish there were more open Pagans in my area...I've never met one before.
                Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                -Erik Erikson

Comment

Nice article! We need to get our message out there so we can finally practice openly without having to hide, all Pagans. I want to help do that when I am moved out of my household.

Originally posted by Thjoth View Post
                  Next you should root out a kindred somewhere in your area and have THEM do an interview, after that you'll never get bothered again because you'll look like saints in comparison.
                  Haha, yes!

"Our primary deity is Odin. He is a war god who hung upside-down on the World Tree for 9 days, impaled through the eye, to get the Runes. He is also amassing a huge army to fight a massive battle at the end of the universe."

-Valhalla

Comment

Working...
                  X