Health stuff (hoping I'm ok!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health stuff (hoping I'm ok!)

So I started to feel tired a few weeks ago, and my lymph glands are swelling. I decided to go to the doctor today, because I had a cold and a stomach thing in that time but after those went away the fatigue did not. My blood pressure is high, but unfortunately that all still leaves me with really generic symptoms. She does think something is wrong though. The scary part is it could be -anything-. It could be more allergies (and I REALLY REALLY don't want more....I already can't eat a ton of stuff), it could be a bacterial, viral or fungal infection, it could be liver or kidney disease...it could even be cancer. Or it could just be the flu or mono. I have no idea. I'm getting tests done on Monday and I thought ahead and made my appointment to get my results in advance (so I'll have them in 10 days!)

Anyway I clearly have something. I'm rooting for the flu or mono. Can everyone pray that I just have the flu or mono or something like that?

Re: Health stuff (hoping I'm ok!)

Hope you get this sorted out soon, Danie
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Actually it sounds like the flu going around in my end of the world. I'll root that you just have the flu too.
      my etsy store
      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
      surrounded by plush, downy things,
      ill prepared, but willing,
      to descend."

Comment

I'm hoping it's nothing serious DM. Hugs.

Comment

Wishing you a simple flu, my dear! (have never wished flu on someone before!)
          Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Thanks everyone! Had my blood tests on monday so here's hoping. Was a bit better for half of yesterday but it was false hope...I passed out at 4 pm and I went to work today and was dizzy for half the day

My doc does think some of it is stress related though

Comment

Do you have amalgam fillings? (This may seem irrelevant but if you do it is totally relevant) Amalgam fillings are silver fillings

Comment

Nope...my teeth are made of steel (not literally)

Comment

Ahh! Well if you did have them I would have recommended you to check your mercury levels in your blood - I have mercury poisoning , 14 ugs of it in my blood and the source is my amalgam fillings (theyre composed of 50% mercury), what a shame on my part -- getting them removed as soon as I win the lottery haha!

But regardless, good luck, I wish the best for you. I wish I was a doctor. Perhaps visit a holistic doctor - if you haven't already. Chances are your modern doctor will just give you pills to try and treat whatever it is.... then again, its all personal belief - if you believe modern doctors are better than holistic than by no means should you change your opinion... but in my point of view, I believe holistic ways are always the best as they have been around for thousands of years and have higher success rates.

P.S. I'll pray that you have just a minor illness - I really hope it isn't cancer but don't get yourself worked up... if you convince yourself you have a terrible disease your body WILL develop the symptoms (which doesn't necessarily mean you have the disease, its just that if you convince yourself you have something that you don't actually have your body will mock the symptoms)

Comment

That's actually a big plus of Germany....most general practitioners are hollistic. My doctor even does an acupuncture practice out of her office (though I'd never do it because I'm deathly afraid of needles). The Germans are really reluctant to needlessly prescribe pills and if they prescribe you something it's because you showed a real need for it And they are great for mixing modern medicine with alternative therapies. So when you need antibiotics because you have a bacterial infection, that's what you get. But if you have a cold, you get told to rest up and drink sage tea.

I don't really think it's cancer and now that I've had some time to chill out a bit I'm not so worried! I'm not quite as bad as I was last week (though not great either) and I'm really wondering if it's more allergies because later this week I started going gluten free and I think it's helped. Celiac would actually be a likely candidate because it also can make you malnourished and anemic, and even lactose intolerant. I kind of hope it's not that because cutting out wheat was bad enough....spelt and rye were my fallbacks and gluten free products in Germany suck (I'll have to stock up on flour in London!) But if it is, it's not the worst I guess. Though I'd rather have the intestinal infection. Still kind of hoping it's that lol.

I get my blood and other bodily fluids test back on Monday, so I'll see! The doctor tested me for everything under the sun, since the symptoms were so generic.

Comment

Wow! Way to go Germany! Here, in Canada, and the States of course, its "Oh, you have a headache? Here take these pain killers!" "Oh, you have a cold? Here take some aspirin and gravol" "Oh, you have depression? Take these anti depressants instead of doing yoga and exercise and therapy!" Seriously, its ridiculous. They jump on your back every time you have a problem - waiting to shove pills down your throat... sometimes you'll walk in to a doctors office and the doctor will have his prescription pad and pen ready to go - as you say "My head hurts, my stomach aches, I can't sleep" He is already writing down at least 3 different medications for you to take... its sickening!

Allergies sounds correct! And I think gluten free food sucks everywhere haha, my teacher is allergic to gluten and I tried some of the food she ate and it was terrible. So dry, and flavorless...

Best of luck!! Xx

Comment

Yeah I grew up in Canada and when I was there it didn't used to be like that so much (I had similar symptoms a couple of times and got give blood tests, and it was anemia!) But I was talking to my mom on the phone and she was like 'they'd just give you antibiotics now', which I find grossly irresponsible because over-prescribing antibiotics leads to antibiotic resistant bacteria. Great.

If I'm celiac I'm going to be determined to be the BEST gluten free baker ever! I swear, I'll win.

Comment

Diagnosis is looking like stress. Apparently I need to chill out.

Comment

I coulda told you that :P

De-stress HUG! x
                            "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

I thought I might try to do some guided meditations...anyone have any good YouTube links or something?

I have some podcasts from way back as well...probably should use them.

Comment

Working...
                              X