• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cairo's Tahrir Square reoccupied by defiant protesters

Cairo's Tahrir Square reoccupied by defiant protesters
    [4:82]

Re: Cairo's Tahrir Square reoccupied by defiant protesters

Oh no!

At least 13 people have died this weekend, reports say.
    That tears me up so bad! I understand and, not just sympathize but, support the idea of striving for a better life, better government... but most of all: freedom from fearing death, at the hands of another!

D, you be careful!

"Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it." - Ayn Rand

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." - Marcus Aurelius

"The very ink with which history is written is merely fluid prejudice." - Mark Twain

"The only gossip I'm interested in is things from the Weekly World News - 'Woman's bra bursts, 11 injured'. That kind of thing." - Johnny Depp

Comment

Oh, wow.

I agree, D, be careful. I hadn't even heard about this, but my local news in terrible.
      Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I too echo the stay safe line. This is just...I have no words.
        my etsy store
        My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
        surrounded by plush, downy things,
        ill prepared, but willing,
        to descend."

Comment

I was in Tahrir Square today and the numbers keep growing. Gonna go again tomorrow, god willing, I think it's going to be huge!

Yesterday, however, was much worse. I have a couple of videos here, but I must warn you, don't watch it if you are easily disturbed.
          Video 1
          Video 2

Comment

I have been following reports of this over here in Wales and wondering how you were. Now that I know you are out there Ido hope you will take care. Will send blessings for your safety. Do be careful, Dumuzi!
            www.thewolfenhowlepress.com

Phantom Turnips never die.... they just get stewed occasionally....

Comment

Stay safe, Dumuzi!
              "The proper office of a friend is to side with you when you are in the wrong. Nearly anybody will side with you when you are in the right."--Mark Twain

"There are only two types of people in this world who walk around beardless; boys and women. I am neither one." --Ancient Greek saying

Comment

Thanks guys!

I just came back from Tahrir Square and it was so crowded. It's perfectly safe inside and around the square, there's just a street that leads to the Ministry of the Interior building where all the clashes are taking place.

Just so you know, the people are demanding the removal of the field marshal Tantawi and the Military council. And we're not gonna stop until they step down, hand power to a civilian presidential council, and have them punished for their crimes.

Comment

Good luck D and to all the other protesters there.
                  Cogito ergo sum.

My blog type thing: RaineV1.tumblr.com

Comment

Thanks SD

I actually take it back, the Square isn't safe, seems like it's a chemical warfare going on there. I was told this is what's being used on us.

Comment

I am seeing reports of tear gas, or a 'gas' more sinister.....so glad you are at home D.....stay safe.
                      Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Ack!

No kidding...keep us informed, but those videos you posted on Facebook are scary stuff. This looks like it'll get worse before it gets better.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

So when you gonna change your new fb page to the new RED LINE through this guy?

*Waits
                          Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

How you doing over there, D? I saw more on the news about it today, so I was wondering.

Also, Medusa dear, what are you talking about? D's profile image?
                            It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
                            -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

I am sorry I'm using this as a blog as opposed to news & current events.

Today was so terrible, I don't know what else to say. I'm not an expert on tear gases but I don't think that's the only thing that was being used on us. There is a suffocating agent. People were just collapsing. I swear to god, a couple of people were dying in my hands. I was helping at a clinic, getting people out of the smoke and into the clinic, and even there we were shot at. We had to move the patients several times. Because we weren't able to breath. I even got hit again with a tiny little plastic ball in my hand. This was just so terrible, it was like a scene out of a war movie. This little kid was motionless in my hand and I looked around and there were like ten people just lying there, with doctors trying to revive them.

Edit: Egyptian military using 'more dangerous' teargas on Tahrir Square protesters
                              Last edited by Dumuzi; 23 Nov 2011, 14:51.

Comment

Working...
                              X