Immigrants are NOT the problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Immigrants are NOT the problem

This woman is repulsive and SHE is the problem with my country today. I take solace in the fact that she is the minority but for feck sake what a crazy ass, confrontational racist bitch!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v=i47HoiM0Au8#!

It makes me ashamed to be British.
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Re: Immigrants are NOT the problem

I feel like this is a growing problem everywhere, but especially the UK/Europe. People are so xenophobic. Here in Berlin it's less obvious, but I really notice it. Even though I'm white, I have an accent and you wouldn't believe how many people make fun of me to my face for it, and how socially acceptable it is to do so. I find it really wrong and rude, and totally unacceptable. People need to get over the fact that people come from other places. It's 2011 and we live in a global world.

Comment

She's drunk.
      *ignores
      Satan is my spirit animal

Comment

I think the more shocking thing in the clip is the complete non-reaction of her child. He is sat on his mothers lap whilst she mouths off at the top of her voice and he doesn't even bat an eyelid. It suggests this is not the first time he has seen her behaving like this.
        http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

It's become hugely controversial here because some people are saying she shouldn't be arrested because it is against freedom of speech. It's fascinating and kinda sickening at the same time.
          "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

Comment

http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/lond...-death-threats

According to this link she has been arrested and kept in custody partly for her own safety. I haven't spoken to any one here who thinks she shouldn't be arrested but I suppose I can see that side of the argument, although I don't agree with it. She should be charged for breach of the peace if nothing else. People nowadays seem to think they can say and behave however they want in public with no sort of consequence. I think making an example of this woman is the right thing to do.

Comment

She although inappropriately is saying what a lot of people think, I believe racism is alive and flourishing in the UK, generally people are just cute in the way they do it.

She may vent and expose her racist views demonstrating her ignorance with venom, I do not care, I have no problem with that to be quite honest, that may sound wrong but the content of her tirade is nothing I have not heard first hand hundreds of times. If those that are insulted do not stick up for themselves, why should I do it for them.

What I find appalling is the fact her child is there, having no respect for people for whatever your reasoning is one thing, but to have no respect for yourself and your child is completely out of order.

I do however have an issue with the title of this thread, it takes a one dimensional view of in my opinion an uneducated racist, from that we have a topic that is biased against anyone stating that immigrants could be a problem.

This thread has a chance for an intelligent think tank as to what really are the issues in the UK today, in regards to racism.
              Gunnarr Sandisson
              "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
              Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

See I'm not sure she should be arrested because of her opinion. I think she should be arrested for verbal assault (which is a law in Scotland, England I don't think is the same) but not for WHAT she said or her thoughts.

You can't prosecute someone for an opinion.

Comment

If you can arrest her for her words in front of her child...most of you parents should be arrested too. Considering we all say things we shouldn't in front of children.

make sure before you pick up that stone your house is nice and sealed with wood and not glass. K?

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post
                    If you can arrest her for her words in front of her child...most of you parents should be arrested too. Considering we all say things we shouldn't in front of children.

make sure before you pick up that stone your house is nice and sealed with wood and not glass. K?
                    To true,

I believe we live in an oversensitive world, how we got there is unimportant, its getting back to common sense that seems to be the hardest thing to do.
                    Gunnarr Sandisson
                    "A man should look for what is, and not for what he thinks should be." Albert Einstein
                    Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Immigrants are the problem!

Dey tukkaar jawbs!
                      [4:82]

Comment

I think that depends on your location in the world.
                        Gunnarr Sandisson
                        Five Boroughs Hearth

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
                          Immigrants are the problem!

Dey tukkaar jawbs!
                          #modtrollatitsfinest

Comment

Originally posted by Gunnarr View Post

I do however have an issue with the title of this thread, it takes a one dimensional view of in my opinion an uneducated racist, from that we have a topic that is biased against anyone stating that immigrants could be a problem.
                            I don't think immigrants are a problem, and having been in Europe for 6 years, every time I've seen immigrants cause problems, there's always some sort of crappy state immigration policy behind it. Coming from Canada, which has one of the best immigration policies in the world, I find the way most countries on this side of the Atlantic deal with immigrants pretty appalling and I think it causes a lot of problems. That's not to say that there are -never- issues back home, but they are far fewer and handled a lot better.

I think there are also cultural attitudes that really get in the way of successful immigration. There seems to be a lot more of a subversive 'us vs them' attitude, even in the UK (though it's MUCH worse in Germany). It's especially bad in Germany. Regardless of race (you get it if you're foreign and white as well), a lot of people think that if you're not born here, you aren't really going to make your home here permanently. You sort of get treated like a tourist who's staying a bit longer. And if you're not white but you're born somewhere like the US, and people ask where you're from and you say the US, they'll often as 'no where are you REALLY from?' I also have heard from friends who are from different racial backgrounds that they often get charged double at bars, just because they're not white, which I find really horrible. Like seriously...wtf? Taxi drivers try to charge you more and take you for crazy rides sometimes if you have an accent as well (I know this happens a lot of places, but they don't back home). I think too many people see people from other countries and races (even if they're born here) as the 'other' and that's a big problem.

---------- Post added at 09:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 AM ----------

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
                            See I'm not sure she should be arrested because of her opinion. I think she should be arrested for verbal assault (which is a law in Scotland, England I don't think is the same) but not for WHAT she said or her thoughts.

You can't prosecute someone for an opinion.
                            Totally agreed.

On an end note, I'd have a really hard time not saying to her 'so I should go back to Canada, yeah? Why don't you go back to whatever sewer you crawled out of?'
                            Last edited by DanieMarie; 02 Dec 2011, 00:39.

Comment

Originally posted by Medusa View Post

I wasn't under the impression she was arrested for her opinion or what she said in front of her child? As far as I am aware she was arrested for her behavior on public transport. She is entitled to her opinion but other people are entitled to travel on public transport without being sworn at and verbally abused. In my opinion it is more a case of the rights of many out weighing the rights of one. Just to clarify, my posts about being shocked by the non-reaction of her child and my agreement that she should have been arrested are in no way actually connected.

On a side note, if I am not a parent does that technically mean I have no house? :-p (still can't get the damn smilies too work for me!?)

Comment

Working...
                              X