Thread: Crystal Ball Scrying

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

Crystal Ball Scrying

Hello and greetings to all

I recently got an early christmas gift from one of my family members. It was a crystal ball, however I have no clue on how to use it, and I couldn't really find anything useful on how to explain the process. Does anyone know how scry with a crystal ball? Also when you scry, do you see it actually in the ball (or mirror, water, crystal etc), or do you see it in your head?

Thanks and blessed be

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan
    Phrase
    That was fun. Lets never do that again.

Re: Crystal Ball Scrying

Some people see the image in the crystal ball, and some see it in their head. Basically, you are aiming to look into the centre of the ball, where it's energies and vibrations are the strongest. Another way to do it is to place a candle behind the crystal ball, and look through to it, and see what images or messages come to you. It can help to have some small tumbled stones connected to the throat chakra and third eye/brow chakra such as blue lace agate etc.

Good luck and happy scrying
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

Thank you for replying to this
    I will try this tonight and Ill test it to see if I see it in the ball or mind. Thanks and blessed be

Oct 2010
    Religion
    Celtic Pagan
    Phrase
    That was fun. Lets never do that again.

No problem, also try to experiment with different methods, everyone is different
    "Otwarty świat; rany zamknięte."
    - Open world; Wounds closed.

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

will do
    Ill let you know if anything turns out well

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

In my experience, its a matter of perspective--depending on how you look at it, its both in the ball and in your mind. Since you are using the ball as a focus, as you sort of "zone out" (maybe that should be "zone in"), its in your mind's eye but superimposed on/in the ball...if that makes sense?
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Dec 2011
    Religion
    Hedgewitch

yup that makes sense
    the ball is like a tool of concentration so you can zone out, and you see it in your minds eye and the images come so fast that it could seem like its in the ball or in your mind? Hope I got that right.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

yup!!!

/10 char
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible