Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yule/solstice Ideas and what your doing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yule/solstice Ideas and what your doing?

Hey everyone

Okay so I checked on my calaender and it says yule is on the 22 of dec this year (This thursday) This will be my first yule, and I am the only one in my current household who celebrates paganism and who is religous. On the wedsday I am thinking of staying up all night till the sun rises. I checked and it said the sun rises at 5:30 am om thursday dec 22 2011. In the mean time the only thing I got planned is a meditation. Since I am the only one who will be celebrating while everyone else is asleep, do you have any suggestions on what to do? music, activities, food, etc? Also what are you doing this year on yule?

Thanks and blessed be

Re: Yule/solstice Ideas and what your doing?

Here's a link to a thread that was recently made discussing the same topic - it has a lot of posts to answer your question

I gotta admit, I'm excited about the holiday season for the first time in a long time this year. The way we decided to handle it has been to still have stockings on Christmas(no more big expensive gifts from Santa) do things with L's family, etc., but have a nice family dinner and open family presents on the Solstice. Since

Comment

Cleaned my alter up and replaced all the candles and incense on it. Put out new offerings and also changed items(Evergreens and such)on it to better reflect this time of the year.
      My alter will be dark until the Solstice.
      Gargoyles watch over me...I can hear them snicker in the dark.

Pull the operating handle (which protrudes from the right side of the receiver) smartly to the rear and release it.

Comment

I felt bad reading this, because the answer is more likely than not going to be "getting my hair color touched up after work". So very celebratory.
        Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

thank you!! sorry i just noticed that now aha, also thanks everyone who wrote back

Comment

Working...
          X