This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goddess and God finding them

Okay so I have been sitting here all night thinking of ways to define things in my head about deity. Anywho I think I have come to the conclusion thanks to a fellow pagan on this forum

I see the divine as one, and all the different gods/goddesses are personalities/archtypes and different forms. I think the reason why I am confused is because I see this divine spirit through everything, and it is hard to comprehend. So I thought well maybe if I saw the one spirit in an archtype form, maybe I could connect and relate better. So I was thinking of times and symbols I have saw in the past. I remember onetime I was walking through the store and out of the blew I was being overwhelmed with cats. I walked down an isle and there was a huge sign that said "cat lovers" statues of cats then my eyes were caught to this one. I got butterflies as I picked it up. I remember when I was younger cats would bite me, and I bought this statue .. It was the goddess Bast statue. One time I prayed at my friends house and I walked outside and there was a cat sitting there looking at me on the drive way. I have come to the conclusion maybe the one spirit of all things, is wanting me to see the female side as the Goddess Bast. I always think I need and feel like I need protection. I read somewhat on the goddess bast and it said she is a goddess of protection. So my question is, sorry for rambling, how should I approach connecting with this form of the goddess? how should I connect? also for the gods side, I am just going to let his form come to me in any way he wants, and when hes ready. Anywho my main question is how can I connect with the goddess bast?

Re: Goddess and God finding them

To me it sounds like you're rather panentheistic. I'm not sure how to address some of that type of stuff so I'll let the panentheists take it from there.

As for Bast try simple food and water offerings. If you want to try the daily Egyptian ritual I believe I posted a link to it in the Kemetic board.
    my etsy store
    My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
    surrounded by plush, downy things,
    ill prepared, but willing,
    to descend."

Comment

thank you for your reply and will do

Comment

I'm pleased you are now comfortable with your understanding of deity. This should now help you to relate to them and as you do so, your understanding may (or may not) change with experience. All I will say is, don't let lables bog you down. Sure we can all wave our books shouting, 'sounds a lot like Wiccan theology', 'Has a lot in common with Pantheism' etc, but if you start applying these lables to yourself, based on nothing more than a similarity, you could end up confused again when your belifs don't match with others of this lable. Use them as inspiration and nothing more and enjoy your relationship with Bast.

When I dabbled with Egyption ritual style, I found it far too ritualised (which says a lot coming from someone with a typical Wiccan background), but I think due to your beliefs (Kemetics generally view the deities as actual seperate individual gods with their own personalities and temperments), I think you can safely adapt things to suit your and Bast's unique relationship. The neteru ARE very fond of offerings though, so I agree with the suggestion from Caelia. You can't get better advice than from a Kemetic herself!
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I agree

I think I will leave offerings and try that ritual Caelia, thanks for both of your help . And since you said kemetics beleve the gods are sperate with different personalities, I can easily apply this and say, this is how the female side of the one great spirit chose to come to me. Just like saying my mother has different lables etc, but we all call and see her in different ways. And ya I dont think I should lable how I see god(s) maybe just let it go with the flow etc. Maybe I can also view goddess bast in the earth, like being the trees, and wind, and ground, and also existing on all plans of existance, just like I viewed the divine before but now I just gave it a face. Thanks to you both and hope you have a great night

Comment

Working...
          X