How do i tell them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i tell them

for the last few years i have been getting feelings for this boy i know but there is a problem. He is isn't gay and also i cant talk to anyone about it like my parents because i don't know how they would react

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

So i was wondering if anyone has any tips on how to brake the news to them or....... well any advice on the matter.
    Thanks,

Re: How do i tell them

I wish there was an easy answer for this. Ages ago, I had a crush on my best friend and when I couldn't take it anymore, I confessed to her. She said that she didn't feel the same because she is straight, but she still wanted to be friends with me. It was the best answer I could have hoped for, but it still hurt and it did change our friendship. So, it's up to you, hon. He might indeed think differently of you afterward, so be careful.
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

-nods- This is definitely one of those complicated situations. You can talk to him about it, but there is the risk that he won't respond well and it could alter the friendship. At the same time, I also understand how painful it can be to hold something like that in. As far as telling your parents, that's another complicated issue. Everyone is different, and some parents are definitely more open-minded than others. If you feel like you want to come out to them and it would make you feel better, I would suggest sitting down with them and really opening up a conversation about it. That sort of thing can be really difficult to do. If you'd like, I can try to find you some LGBT resources in your area. Just shoot me a pm and let me know. I can't really offer any advice beyond that though--it's kinda a shaky subject, and is really subjective to each person, how they were brought up, etc.
      It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
      -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Thanks guys i have been talking to my friend on Skype and well.... i just told him how i feel, he said he isnt that much into me but he does like me a little in that way and as a friend so i guess only the future ca tell what will happen next

Comment

that's brave. and I'm glad it turned out well for you.
          It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
          -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Thanks, glad i did now though a load of stress relieved

Comment

I'm so glad it turned out well for you. It was indeed very brave!
              Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Working...
              X