relational theophysis and bioregional witchery
    Phrase
    *a little bad taste is like a nice dash of paprika*

Prayers, Chants, etc for Children

Mealtime Prayers for Pagan Families

Blessed be the Earth for giving birth to this food
    Blessed be the Sun for nourishing it
    Blessed be the Wind for carrying its seed
    Blessed be the Rain for quenching its thirst.
    Blessed be the hands that helped to grow this food,
    To bring it to our tables
    To nourish our minds, bodies, and spirits.
    Blessed be our friends, our families, and our loved ones.
    Blessed Be.

Blessed be the Earth for giving birth to this food
    Blessed be the Sun for nourishing it
    Blessed be the Wind for carrying its seed
    Blessed be the Rain for quenching its thirst.
    Blessed be the hands that helped to grow this food,
    To bring it to our tables
    To nourish our minds, bodies, and spirits.
    Blessed be our friends, our families, and our loved ones.
    Blessed Be.

Lady and Lord,
    Thank you for this food which we’re going to eat
    Thank you for the earth in which it grew,
    the rain that watered it,
    the wind which gave it breath
    and the sun which gave it life
    Thank you for the life which was given so we can eat
    Blessed be.

Lord and Lady, watch over us,
    and bless us as we eat.
    Bless this food, this bounty of earth,
    we thank you, so mote it be.

Earth who gives to us our food,
    Sun who makes it ripe and good,
    Dearest earth and dearest sun,
    Joy and Love for all you’ve done

Give thanks to the Mother Earth.
    Give thanks to the Father Sun.
    Give thanks to the plants in the garden,
    Where the Mother and Father are One.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Pagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

Re: Prayers, Chants, etc for Children

Nightey-Night: Bedtime Prayers for Pagan Babies

Now I lay me down to sleep,
    Please help me learn my world to keep.
    To guard the air and shies of blue,
    The oceans, lakes and rivers too.
    Save the mighty forest lands,
    The plains, the shores, the desert sands.
    Protect all creatures, wild and free,
    In air, on land, and in the sea.

Now I lay me down to sleep,
    Please help me learn my world to keep.
    To guard the air and shies of blue,
    The oceans, lakes and rivers too.
    Save the mighty forest lands,
    The plains, the shores, the desert sands.
    Protect all creatures, wild and free,
    In air, on land, and in the sea.

Day is done, it’s time for bed
    Goddess bless my sleepy head.
    In the morning, when the sun does rise
    God will bless my open eyes.
    Day is done, it’s time for bed
    Goddess bless my sleepy head.
    In the morning, soft or bright
    God will bless my heart with light.

As I lay snuggled in my bed,
    Pillow tucked beneath my head,
    Maiden, bring me joyful dreams.
    Mother, bring me peace, serene.
    Wisest Crone, watch over me,
    Until the light of dawn I see.
    Brightest Blessings!!!

From the east unto the West
    The Sun has traveled and has blessed us
    I give thanks to this day.
    For every Rock and every Tree
    from the Desert to the Sea
    The Moon will glow to let us know
    That blessed we will be.

(this can actually be sung to the tune of Rose, Rose, Rose, Rose for anyone that knows it)

Mother moon and Father Sun
    Now our day is almost done
    Watch over me here where I lie
    From your home up in the sky
    Free will for all and harm to none
    As I have willed it; It shall be done.
    And now its time for me to sleep
    Sweet dreams for all and Blessed be.

Now I lay me down to rest
    I pray that all the world be blessed
    Lady Moon and Sister Star watch over me from afar
    Mother Earth is always there
    And keeps me safe within her care
    The Lord of Dreams will dance and sing
    And happy dreams to me will bring
    And when I wake to greet the day
    Brother Sun will light my way.

The earth is big and fat and round,
    I love the sky, the sea and the ground,
    I love the birds and dogs and sheep,
    And all the animals that fall asleep,
    I love the flowers and rocks and trees,
    I love the earth, and it loves me.

Now I lay down in my bed,
    And pull the covers up to my head.
    I’ll dream of dragons and fairies bright,
    And pixies and wizards and elves tonight.
    I’ll dream of some sort of magical place, and
    Wake in the morning with a smile on my face.
    “You have never answered but you did not need to. If I stand at the ocean I can hear you with your thousand voices. Sometimes you shout, hilarious laughter that taunts all questions. Other nights you are silent as death, a mirror in which the stars show themselves. Then I think you want to tell me something, but you never do. Of course I know I have written letters to no-one. But what if I find a trident tomorrow?" ~~Letters to Poseidon, Cees Nooteboom

“We still carry this primal relationship to the Earth within our consciousness, even if we have long forgotten it. It is a primal recognition of the wonder, beauty, and divine nature of the Earth. It is a felt reverence for all that exists. Once we bring this foundational quality into our consciousness, we will be able to respond to our present man-made crisis from a place of balance, in which our actions will be grounded in an attitude of respect for all of life. This is the nature of real sustainability.”
    ~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

"We are the offspring of history, and must establish our own paths in this most diverse and interesting of conceivable universes--one indifferent to our suffering, and therefore offering us maximal freedom to thrive, or to fail, in our own chosen way."
    ~~Stephen Jay Gould, Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of History

"Humans are not rational creatures. Now, logic and rationality are very helpful tools, but there’s also a place for embracing our subjectivity and thinking symbolically. Sometimes what our so-called higher thinking can’t or won’t see, our older, more primitive intuition will." John Beckett

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

The Candle Contest
    by The Open Hearth Foundation

Once upon a time, four young witches visited an elder at her small house where they talked long into the night about many wondrous things. Finally it came time to sleep and the elder said,

"I'm sorry friends... but there is only one spare bed, so the rest must sleep on the floor."

"So who should get the bed?" asked one.

"And how should we decide?" asked another.

The elder thought for a moment and said,

"I'll place a candle on the table for each of you to blow out... and the one to use the best magick will win the bed."

So the first witch approached the candle and focused on the air. Soon a strong wind was circling the room and knocking pictures from the walls. Finally the wind hit upon the candle and blew out the flame.

"Very good," said the elder as she re-lit the candle and re-hung the pictures, "Who would like to try next?"

So the second witch approached the candle and focused on the flame. Soon the flame was three-feet tall and burning like a torch. The candle was quickly consumed and the flame snuffed itself out.

"Again very good," said the elder as she set out a new candle and inspected the ceiling for scorch marks, "And who would like to try next?"

So the third witch approached the candle and focused on the wax. Soon the wax was melting and forming a gooey puddle that ran off the table. The wick was eventually drowned and the flame sputtered out.

"Again very good," said the elder as she set out a new candle and pried melted wax off the table, "And who is left to try?"

So the fourth witch, who was the youngest of all, approached the candle and thought for a moment. Then licking her thumb and forefinger, she reached out her hand and pinched out the flame.

"Ah ha!" said the elder, "That's the best of all!"

"What?" cried the others. "How can that be? You said the best magick would win!" "And it has," said the elder, "For the first, best magick is sometimes simple mundane effort." So it was that the three witches had to sleep on the floor, and the youngest got the bed.
    (Granted to public domain as long as attribution is given to The Open Hearth Foundation.)

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

Catechism for a Witch's Child

When they ask to see your gods
    your book of prayers
    show them lines
    drawn delicately with veins
    on the underside of a bird's wing
    tell them you believe
    in giant sycamores mottled
    and stark against a winter sky
    and in nights so frozen
    stars crack open spilling streams of molten ice to earth
    and tell them how you drank
    the holy wine of honeysuckle
    on a warm spring day
    and of the softness
    of your mother
    who never taught you
    death was life's reward
    but who believed in the earth
    and the sun
    and a million, million light years
    of being.

by J.L. Stanley

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

10 Crystals for Children

(I do believe I originally stole this from something that Thal linked pre-crash. I'm going through and taking the saved items off my computer.)

Amethyst
    A "Master Healing Crystal". Amethyst's most noted healing quality is its ability to purify and transmute all forms of negativity. For children "in transition", whether it be a growth spurt, a major disappointment such as failing a grade, or even hearing the devastating news of divorce or death, Amethyst accepts all negative emotions and provides comfort through spiritual acceptance. For children with various disabilities or with either physical or emotional pain, an Amethyst cluster in the room will help clear unwanted discharged energies, bringing the room back into a balanced state. For local pain, hold an Amethyst directly on or over the area for up to 20 minutes.

Apache Tear
    The "Grief Stone". Apache Tear is actually Obsidian and is very dark but transparent. When you hold a small piece up to the light you can see through it. However, if you have been using the Apache Tear to absorb negative emotions, you will see it cloud up and become opaque. Sometimes it will clear up after the grieving is over.

Aventurine
    The "Leadership Stone". Aventurine strengthens and restores the Heart energy, providing a balance of male and female energies. This crystal is green and very loving, embracing, and protective of the Heart. Many children who are shy, timid, or suppressing their leadership qualities need a crystal like Aventurine. This stone helps the individual to become active and to initiate action on their own accord. Asthmatic children seem attracted to this stone as it opens up the lungs and they experience a sense of relief.

Carnelian
    A "Self-Esteem Crystal". Carnelian is used to help restore feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem. The deep orange colours relate well to strengthening and blending the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chakras, promoting self-security and self-love. The pinker shades relate to enhancing love between child and parent, through self-acceptance. This crystal is also used for dermatological ailments such as acne, by holding the stone over the skin and moving it in circles for several minutes, several times a day.

Clear Quartz
    The "Healing Crystal". Clear Quartz is a general all-purpose healing crystal. Each Quartz crystal has its own energy signature and healing mission. When a child makes contact with the right crystal, the energy is discharged either very slowly, or quite suddenly so it feels like a very mild electric shock. This natural energy can be just enough to transform a disharmonious thought pattern, burn off some negative emotional state, or even place the spiritual seeds of one's future into consciousness. Using a cluster of Clear Quartz crystals for children is particularly nice, as so many different types of crystals (record-keepers, transmitters, channelers, etc.) are included. There's a crystal for any occasion! Crystal clusters are also helpful to organize scattered thoughts and to deflect negative energies.

Rose Quartz
    "The Love Stone". Rose Quartz is another terrific general healing crystal for children especially for those who have a lot of hurt feelings or aggressive tendencies. Rose Quartz can soothe a broken heart shattered by seeing raw Reality - the ways things are, rather than the way one wants them to be. For hyperactive children Rose Quartz soothes erratic emotional states, anxiety, fear, compulsions, and many other mental disorders. Some neurological benefits have also been noticed with muscle spasms relaxing when Rose Quartz is guided over the nerve centres. For young hearts, Rose Quartz helps to keep the Heart chakra open, vital and protected, filtering in good energies and keeping out the bad.

Lapis Lazuli

A "Psychic Balance Stone". Lapis Lazuli is an incredible stabilizer for children who show psychic gifts early in life. The deep blue colour stimulates expansion of consciousness in a supportive way, promoting purification and clarity of spiritual insight. Lapis Lazuli provides self-acceptance of one's given gifts and encourages openness of one's spiritual awareness. This stone is highly prized for its protective powers and stimulation of all psychic senses.

Jade

A "Soother of Emotions Stone". Jade is easily obtained and can be openly worn by children as regular "jewelry". Emotionally sensitive children often need a supportive system to ensure that their feelings do not overwhelm them. Jade enhances confidence, self-assurance, and self-reliance. Jade is very inspirational in helping one achieve one's desires in life. This stone is often available from a Chinese goods merchant and is often sold in the shape of thin coins.

Tiger Eye

A "Grounding Stone". Tiger Eye has thin rutile inclusions, and when rocked back and forth the light reflects in a certain way as if the tiger's eye were winking at you! Let your children explore this fascinating stone and help them find the flashing Tiger's Eye. This stone is excellent for grounding psychic energy and providing security for opening up the psychic centers. Sometimes children get carried away and get lost in their dream world. Tiger Eye helps to pull them back into their bodies (after astral travel). This stone is very useful to put action to one's thoughts. Tiger's Eye is about being practical. Perhaps every parent needs one for their child before trips to the shopping mall.

Pyrite
    A "Protection Stone". Iron Pyrite comes in many different shapes, from sun discs to cubes. Children are attracted to its shiny brassy surfaces. Pyrite is like a small mirror; negative energy is reflected away. The terror of being unprotected is reduced. There is also a feeling of physical empowerment, that life in the physical form is perfect, and love is abundant.
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Mar 2009
    Religion
    Finding sanctity.
    Phrase
    Mistress of the Ban

(Probably also stolen from you...)

Children's Chants and Prayers

#1:
    From the east unto the West
    The Sun has traveled and has blessed us
    I give thanks to this day.
    For every Rock and every Tree
    from the Desert to the Sea
    The Moon will glow to let us know
    That blessed we will be.

#2:
    The earth is big and fat and round,
    I love the sky, the sea and the ground,
    I love the birds and dogs and sheep,
    And all the animals that fall asleep,
    I love the flowers and rocks and trees,
    I love the earth, and it loves me.

#3:
    Mother of all things, watch over me tonight,
    Hold me in your arms, until the morning light.

Anti-Monster Chant:

Ten Little Monsters
    (Tune: Ten Little Indians)

One little, two little,
    Three little monsters
    Four little, five little,
    Six little monsters
    Seven little, eight little,
    Nine little monsters
    Ten of them can't scare me!

Ten little, nine little,
    Eight little monsters
    Seven little, six little,
    Five little monsters,
    Four little, three little,
    Two little monsters,
    One of them can't scare me!

None of them can scare me!
    “The world is big and I want to have a good look at it before it gets dark.” – John Muir

Mostly art.

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

lol, the first one I actually wrote, and didn't just have in my collection...

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

Oct 2005
    Religion
    Phrase

Re: 10 Crystals for Children

hey!! this was one of my faves!! awesome!

~~Llewellyn Vaughan-Lee

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=47.msg140#msg140 date=1286613125]
    [size=14pt]Sleepy Time Spell Bear[/size]

[/quote]This is a super cute idea and perfect for my rhyme loving little boy. I'm so gonna do this. Thanks!