X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prayers, Chants, etc for Children

Mealtime Prayers for Pagan Families
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Re: Prayers, Chants, etc for Children

Nightey-Night: Bedtime Prayers for Pagan Babies
    Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
    sigpic

Comment

Sleepy Time Spell Bear

sigpic

Comment

The Candle Contest
        by The Open Hearth Foundation

Once upon a time, four young witches visited an elder at her small house where they talked long into the night about many wondrous things. Finally it came time to sleep and the elder said,

"I'm sorry friends... but there is only one spare bed, so the rest must sleep on the floor."

"So who should get the bed?" asked one.

"And how should we decide?" asked another.

The elder thought for a moment and said,

"I'll place a candle on the table for each of you to blow out... and the one to use the best magick will win the bed."

So the first witch approached the candle and focused on the air. Soon a strong wind was circling the room and knocking pictures from the walls. Finally the wind hit upon the candle and blew out the flame.

"Very good," said the elder as she re-lit the candle and re-hung the pictures, "Who would like to try next?"

So the second witch approached the candle and focused on the flame. Soon the flame was three-feet tall and burning like a torch. The candle was quickly consumed and the flame snuffed itself out.

"Again very good," said the elder as she set out a new candle and inspected the ceiling for scorch marks, "And who would like to try next?"

So the third witch approached the candle and focused on the wax. Soon the wax was melting and forming a gooey puddle that ran off the table. The wick was eventually drowned and the flame sputtered out.

"Again very good," said the elder as she set out a new candle and pried melted wax off the table, "And who is left to try?"

So the fourth witch, who was the youngest of all, approached the candle and thought for a moment. Then licking her thumb and forefinger, she reached out her hand and pinched out the flame.

"Ah ha!" said the elder, "That's the best of all!"

"What?" cried the others. "How can that be? You said the best magick would win!" "And it has," said the elder, "For the first, best magick is sometimes simple mundane effort." So it was that the three witches had to sleep on the floor, and the youngest got the bed.
        (Granted to public domain as long as attribution is given to The Open Hearth Foundation.)
        sigpic

Comment

Catechism for a Witch's Child

When they ask to see your gods
          your book of prayers
          show them lines
          drawn delicately with veins
          on the underside of a bird's wing
          tell them you believe
          in giant sycamores mottled
          and stark against a winter sky
          and in nights so frozen
          stars crack open spilling streams of molten ice to earth
          and tell them how you drank
          the holy wine of honeysuckle
          on a warm spring day
          and of the softness
          of your mother
          who never taught you
          death was life's reward
          but who believed in the earth
          and the sun
          and a million, million light years
          of being.

by J.L. Stanley
          sigpic

Comment

10 Crystals for Children

(I do believe I originally stole this from something that Thal linked pre-crash. I'm going through and taking the saved items off my computer.)

Amethyst
            A "Master Healing Crystal". Amethyst's most noted healing quality is its ability to purify and transmute all forms of negativity. For children "in transition", whether it be a growth spurt, a major disappointment such as failing a grade, or even hearing the devastating news of divorce or death, Amethyst accepts all negative emotions and provides comfort through spiritual acceptance. For children with various disabilities or with either physical or emotional pain, an Amethyst cluster in the room will help clear unwanted discharged energies, bringing the room back into a balanced state. For local pain, hold an Amethyst directly on or over the area for up to 20 minutes.

Apache Tear
            The "Grief Stone". Apache Tear is actually Obsidian and is very dark but transparent. When you hold a small piece up to the light you can see through it. However, if you have been using the Apache Tear to absorb negative emotions, you will see it cloud up and become opaque. Sometimes it will clear up after the grieving is over.

Aventurine
            The "Leadership Stone". Aventurine strengthens and restores the Heart energy, providing a balance of male and female energies. This crystal is green and very loving, embracing, and protective of the Heart. Many children who are shy, timid, or suppressing their leadership qualities need a crystal like Aventurine. This stone helps the individual to become active and to initiate action on their own accord. Asthmatic children seem attracted to this stone as it opens up the lungs and they experience a sense of relief.

Carnelian
            A "Self-Esteem Crystal". Carnelian is used to help restore feelings of inadequacy and low self-esteem. The deep orange colours relate well to strengthening and blending the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd chakras, promoting self-security and self-love. The pinker shades relate to enhancing love between child and parent, through self-acceptance. This crystal is also used for dermatological ailments such as acne, by holding the stone over the skin and moving it in circles for several minutes, several times a day.

Clear Quartz
            The "Healing Crystal". Clear Quartz is a general all-purpose healing crystal. Each Quartz crystal has its own energy signature and healing mission. When a child makes contact with the right crystal, the energy is discharged either very slowly, or quite suddenly so it feels like a very mild electric shock. This natural energy can be just enough to transform a disharmonious thought pattern, burn off some negative emotional state, or even place the spiritual seeds of one's future into consciousness. Using a cluster of Clear Quartz crystals for children is particularly nice, as so many different types of crystals (record-keepers, transmitters, channelers, etc.) are included. There's a crystal for any occasion! Crystal clusters are also helpful to organize scattered thoughts and to deflect negative energies.

Rose Quartz
            "The Love Stone". Rose Quartz is another terrific general healing crystal for children especially for those who have a lot of hurt feelings or aggressive tendencies. Rose Quartz can soothe a broken heart shattered by seeing raw Reality - the ways things are, rather than the way one wants them to be. For hyperactive children Rose Quartz soothes erratic emotional states, anxiety, fear, compulsions, and many other mental disorders. Some neurological benefits have also been noticed with muscle spasms relaxing when Rose Quartz is guided over the nerve centres. For young hearts, Rose Quartz helps to keep the Heart chakra open, vital and protected, filtering in good energies and keeping out the bad.

Lapis Lazuli

A "Psychic Balance Stone". Lapis Lazuli is an incredible stabilizer for children who show psychic gifts early in life. The deep blue colour stimulates expansion of consciousness in a supportive way, promoting purification and clarity of spiritual insight. Lapis Lazuli provides self-acceptance of one's given gifts and encourages openness of one's spiritual awareness. This stone is highly prized for its protective powers and stimulation of all psychic senses.

Jade

A "Soother of Emotions Stone". Jade is easily obtained and can be openly worn by children as regular "jewelry". Emotionally sensitive children often need a supportive system to ensure that their feelings do not overwhelm them. Jade enhances confidence, self-assurance, and self-reliance. Jade is very inspirational in helping one achieve one's desires in life. This stone is often available from a Chinese goods merchant and is often sold in the shape of thin coins.

Tiger Eye

A "Grounding Stone". Tiger Eye has thin rutile inclusions, and when rocked back and forth the light reflects in a certain way as if the tiger's eye were winking at you! Let your children explore this fascinating stone and help them find the flashing Tiger's Eye. This stone is excellent for grounding psychic energy and providing security for opening up the psychic centers. Sometimes children get carried away and get lost in their dream world. Tiger Eye helps to pull them back into their bodies (after astral travel). This stone is very useful to put action to one's thoughts. Tiger's Eye is about being practical. Perhaps every parent needs one for their child before trips to the shopping mall.

Pyrite
            A "Protection Stone". Iron Pyrite comes in many different shapes, from sun discs to cubes. Children are attracted to its shiny brassy surfaces. Pyrite is like a small mirror; negative energy is reflected away. The terror of being unprotected is reduced. There is also a feeling of physical empowerment, that life in the physical form is perfect, and love is abundant.

Mostly art.

Comment

(Probably also stolen from you...)

Children's Chants and Prayers

#1:
              From the east unto the West
              The Sun has traveled and has blessed us
              I give thanks to this day.
              For every Rock and every Tree
              from the Desert to the Sea
              The Moon will glow to let us know
              That blessed we will be.

#2:
              The earth is big and fat and round,
              I love the sky, the sea and the ground,
              I love the birds and dogs and sheep,
              And all the animals that fall asleep,
              I love the flowers and rocks and trees,
              I love the earth, and it loves me.

#3:
              Mother of all things, watch over me tonight,
              Hold me in your arms, until the morning light.

Anti-Monster Chant:

Ten Little Monsters
              (Tune: Ten Little Indians)

One little, two little,
              Three little monsters
              Four little, five little,
              Six little monsters
              Seven little, eight little,
              Nine little monsters
              Ten of them can't scare me!

Ten little, nine little,
              Eight little monsters
              Seven little, six little,
              Five little monsters,
              Four little, three little,
              Two little monsters,
              One of them can't scare me!

None of them can scare me!

Mostly art.

Comment

lol, the first one I actually wrote, and didn't just have in my collection...
                sigpic

Comment

Re: 10 Crystals for Children

hey!! this was one of my faves!! awesome!
                  sigpic

Comment

[quote author=thalassa link=topic=47.msg140#msg140 date=1286613125]
                    Sleepy Time Spell Bear

[/quote]This is a super cute idea and perfect for my rhyme loving little boy. I'm so gonna do this. Thanks!

Comment

sigpic

Comment

This thread just became pertinent to me.

Thought I'd add a couple I've stumbled across:

A Psalm for Gaia
                        Written by Dolores Stewart Ricci

The Earth is my mother, I shall not want.
                        She nurtures me in green pastures;
                        she freshens me with flowing waters.
                        She restores my body and awakens my soul.
                        Although I walk in the shadow
                        of changing seasons and passing time,
                        I will not fear death,
                        for the essence of life is within me,
                        the peace and beauty of Earth comfort me.
                        She teaches me to harvest her abundant gifts,
                        she fills my heart with compassion,
                        I drink from the cup of simple pleasures.
                        As I look to the skies with wonder
                        at the immensity of the universe,
                        I know I am blessed beyond measure
                        to live all the days of my life
                        in the bountiful house of Gaia.

A Heathen Child's Prayer

Magnificent Mani
                        God of the Moon
                        God of Dreams
                        Protector of Children...

Help me to have no bad dreams,
                        Keep me warm,
                        and safe in my bed.
                        Hail Mani!
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I love this thread! I have already saved so many little prayers and added a ton of recommended books to my amazon. As a Pagan mother raising a child in a multi religion household, in a primarily Baptist state I have been looking for books to add both science and magic to her nighttime stories. Thank you!

Comment

When my member status upgrades and I am able to post links etc, I would like to post links to songs that a friend recorded specifically for children. Many children who sing are from the Ananda Marga River School.
                            My posts are generally sent from my cell fone. Please excuse my brevity, and spelling/grammar errors.

Comment

Ahh I love these ones

I also tend to make up stories of faries, monsters and much more.

Comment

Working...
                              X