Need help with some stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with some stuff

I will try to make this a long story short. I first got into witchcraft when I was maybe as young as 12 (I am now 41), although I was not sure at the time what it actually was I was doing, or why. Moving on 9 years ago I met my partner, he is an Atheist has a doctorate in Philosophy and generally laughed at my beliefs and attacked them with science. I have not had a great education and at the time I felt stupid, at first trying to hide my beliefs and eventually closing my mind to all I had witnessed/experienced in former years. Last April, I started to look into different religions and have since returned to paganism/ witchcraft. I should say at this point that since the age of about 12 I have consulted the I Ching and with great success (apart from the 9 years when I closed my mind to such things). Problem is, I have had so many experiences, visions since April and I don't quite know what to do about some of them. Things are moving around the house, disappearing, all sorts. I asked out aloud for a sign that something was there and sure enough I got one...no one but me knew about this, so I know its not a human prankster. Laughably it has now started happening to my partner... His explanation is that its just some sort of unexplained bad energy we are bringing into the house but refuses to believe it could be a spirit though admits he just can not explain the going on's...they seem to be happening daily now. I am not in good health at the moment and when I consulted the Oracle recently, I was told there is something much stronger than me in operation and that I am too weak to over come it alone and must consult a great man...Any great men out there??? lol I just need some guidance. I am not at all afraid but just want to get to the bottom of what is going on. My friend told me it's my fault for dabbling in witchcraft, but I follow the rules and I harm nobody...not because I am afraid of the times 3 rule but because its what I believe in my heart is right.
    Thanks in advance. x

Re: Need help with some stuff

Hey there Abysmal

First off, sorry that this was caught by our system! The spam-catching feature does that to perfectly good posts every now and then. Please be sure and post in Introductions, too! We're a fairly close-knit community, and so people like to get an idea of who newcomers are.

As for your post, that sounds like a really interesting situation going on...unless you feel that whatever is moving your things, etc, is decidedly negative or malevolent, why not leave it be? Perhaps it's there as a learning expience for your partner?
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

I have one theory on what could be causing your situation. It is just a theory however, so see how it feels as you read it. No doubt others will pipe in with other possible answers and you'll be able to find the one that seems most likely.

It is possible that the need to embrace witchraft has never left you, but has been deliberately blocked out because the need to be respected and loved by your partner was the stronger pull for you. It was still there, just trapped behind a shield you'd created for yourself to keep it out. Over the years it built up and built up until bursting point. Now you have opened that flood gate and what we would usually have experienced bit by bit over our years as witches, has all fallen upon you at once. So much energy, although not in itself negative or positive, would quite possibly cause poltergeist-like behaviour within your home.

If my theory is close to the truth, then I should imagine that the longer you practise your beliefs, the less intense this energy will be, because bit by bit you'll be accessing the energy and letting it take it's proper course. Personally, I would be very tempted to try to utilise it in spellwork. I imagine when collected together and given a purpose, it could pack quite a punch.

Regardless on whether or not my speculation is correct, it would be a good idea to do a house cleansing (if you haven't already done so), to help ease the situation and bring back a little more harmony while you work out what is actually causing this.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thank you Jembru and Dez for your replies...I think at first I did view the events as negative because I was blaming family members and they were doing the same. There have been so many rows in the house and at times the feelings of mistrust I felt for my loved ones were truly over bearing. So at first it was not a very nice situation at all. like I said in my previous post, I have confirmation now that it is not a human prankster but boy has it been a rocky road. I think I was still questioning my own beliefs for a while there. There was a time when I had a clear vision of what might have been orbs, although they did not resemble anything that I have Googled and looked at. These balls which also had swirling circles inside moved away from me when I first caught sight of them. For some reason, I asked them not to leave and they moved toward me and as they got close to my body I jumped as I could actually feel them, as if they were scanning my body if that makes sense. It lasted for about fifteen minutes I think and all the while I kept blinking and thinking to myself is this for real...it was, it really, really was! I then became aware of a bright light, it felt like it was pulling me in but at the time I was afraid and resisted. The balls then just disappeared into it and that was that. Try telling that one to your doctor/best friend...that is why I am so glad I have found this place, it's a great site and so far very friendly and I am grateful for that. Reading your replies has helped me tremendously, it's good to have different theories.

Comment

Have you ever heard of 'visual migranes'? I am not saying this is what the orbs were, but I have just spent a few days in the Middlands, visiting my boyfriend's gran. She told of her visual migranes in which she saw some crazy things. One was her china dolls on the dresser which she saw dancing. It wasn#t just that they were moving as a trick of the light or her eyes, they were actually raising their bonnets, kicking their legs and lifting their skirts. I had never heard of such things. Having never suffered migranes of any kind (to my knowledge), I would like to think that the interesting things I have seen now and then, have been real events, but having said that, it is healthy to have an open mind and that means being open to the possibility that there could be a spiritual OR mundane explanation of events. Although I admit to being biased towards the former.
          夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Hmm, I get 'auras' from migraines all the time, and I have never seen dancing dolls. Seriously, that is definitely not like any migraine auras I've ever experienced...and none that I have ever heard described.... They look sort of like kalidascopes....this is the best video I saw on youtube to show an example....it's not perfect by any means, but it's a decent representation for people who have never experienced them before....

Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Whenever I get a migraine I hallucinate really badly. I see flashing lights, orbs, I find myself stepping over things I see on the floor which aren't actually there, I can't have the TV on as the sound echos in my head, and thought wise I'm on another planet.

If you've never had a migraine then count yourself lucky as they are truly horrible.
              "Men of broader intellect know that there is no sharp distinction betwixt the real and the unreal..."

Comment

The thing with my boyfriend's gran, is that there was no pain in her head at all when she had these migranes. She said they were nothing like normal migranes at all and she never mentioned auras or anything like that. She was really scared (understandably) and went to the doctor who put her on medication to treat the 'migranes' and she hasn't had any since. I didn't know hallucinations were so common with migranes though.

Yes Raven, from what I hear, I am lucky not to be a sufferer. It sounds terrible. In danger of drifting a little too off topic, could someone explain what the cause is? Are they preventable?
                Last edited by Jembru; 30 Dec 2011, 21:26.

Comment

No, I have never heard of visual migraines...never had a migraine either. Yes, I agree about having an open mind to these things and so the visual migraine theory is interesting. For me though, for now at least, visual migraine or not it was a spiritual experience of some sort. Wow about your boyfriends gran...I really never new such things could be caused by migraines! I wonder how many people are wrongly diagnosed with mental health problems when all along their symptoms were visual migraine related? Going to look into this visual migraine stuff some more.

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:14 AM ----------

Wow, really interesting and so pretty. I expect it's not so great when you are in pain though. I've not much free time today but I will certainly be looking into migraine auras. Thanks for the link.

---------- Post added at 11:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 AM ----------

As, I mentioned in my previous post, no I have never had one...they sound terrible, until today I thought a migraine was just a really bad headache in a particular place...never knew about hallucinations. Sorry you suffer from this.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

Just wanted to go back to my first post, the part where I asked out loud if there was something there and then got what I believed to be a sign. I mentioned in that post that things were moving around etc, I should point out, I never actually saw them move though. Anyway, back to what I believe was a sign... I was cleaning my kitchen then I left the room for a while. When I returned a large spoon (which I rarely use) was laying across the draining board. I was startled as I had just cleaned the kitchen and I know it was not there before. Anyway, I dismissed it and thought that somehow I must have subconsciously put it there. I don't have a drainer rack and am a little anal about having a clean draining board. I did not tell a sole about this. A few days later, I was cleaning my stairs and I asked for a sign that someone was there as other strange things had been going on... nothing happened, then about ten minutes later I went into my kitchen and laid across the draining board was a spoon, not the same large metal spoon, this time a wooden spoon, again it had not been there before. I came to a maybe an obvious conclusion that SPOON equals a stirrer and that is when I consulted the oracle which I also talked about in my first post, Any views on this? Cleansing the house today by the way.

Comment

Migraine auras (or visual migraines) generally come before any type of pain. I have had migraines since I was a child, but I did not experience an aura until I hit 30. I thought I had a brain tumor.

My doctor told me that I should be glad to get the auras because they acted as an 'early warning system' and I could take my pain medication before the pain actually came. Anyone who has migraines knows what a blessing that is.....because once the pain comes, a lot of times it brings on nausea and once that happens, good luck keeping anything down...including pain meds.....

At any rate....you can definitely experience visual migraines without any pain at all...even after.....can't say for sure...but you're wise to look in to it. Good luck!
                    Last edited by cesara; 31 Dec 2011, 18:29.
                    Allow me to lend a machete to your intellectual thicket. ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

sigpic

Comment

Still, lots going on here... one thing was yesterday morning, I got up to use the toilet as I always do, I never turn the light on until I reach the bathroom, it was not completely dark though, I could see. Suddenly it was as if my feet were pulled from behind and I came crashing down on both knees and it hurt, in fact still does a bit today. I stayed there for a bit rocking about, a bit like a footballer does when he is faking an injury, really just trying to establish how much damage had been done. I know most of you will probably think that there is a logical explanation for this and of course there are logical explanations but I am not feeling them. I then got angry and said out aloud, "right that is enough, this is going to stop, I have had enough". Anyway, I got up this morning to do the same journey and of course I was a little nervous of it happening again. I got out of bed made my way to the toilet and the light in my lounge switched itself on. This happens to provide light right through the hall to the toilet. I went about my business, then went and turned the lounge light off saying thank you as I did so. I am at a loss and just trying to find out where I am on this journey (I mentioned in my first post it's been a while since I have walked down this road) and so really do not know what to do about all this stuff. It's hard to have time alone as it is the holiday period and the kids are off school...what to do?

Comment

Abysmal, it sounds like you have some poltergeist activity. Now despite what Hollywood would have you believe, this is NOT spirit activity. A poltergeist is the result of your own or someone else's psychic energy running amuck. Children and teens are often the causes of such, but it can happen to adults too. Emotional upset is a rather common cause, especially if the person feels that they are stifled and have no outlet for the feelings. The psychic energy then lashes out as a subconscious attempt at expressing the problem.

The solution to this type of situation is two-fold. One, everyone involved needs to sit down and talk about whatever isn't being talked about. It needs to be acknowledged and worked through openly. Yes, this is easier said then done. Two, when you've "cleared the air" by talking, it's time to clear the air energetically by doings a cleansing. You need to remove all that psychic baggage that the poltergeist activity has incurred in your space.
                        "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

I can not reply in detail now but you have kind of confirmed what I thought might be one of the causes ( did not want to mention it, I suppose because it's kinda personal)... there is a battle of wills going on here... I certainly feel like I am suffocating and stuck in my relationship. I am not happy,( I cry most days) neither is he but he will not give up what he says is his house (it's legally mine), his kids (biologically not his but I get that part) and insists it's me that has to do all the changing. I am not saying that I play no part in any of this, I do and he is equally unhappy I know. you have certainly struck a cord. Will write more when I can.
                          Thank you so much x

Comment

Fair enough. Good luck working that mess out. And I do mean that, because no one should be in that kind of situation.
                            "The doer alone learneth." -- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comment

Thank you, I hope we can work it out because despite it all, I do love him dearly.

Comment

Working...
                              X