Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need an opinion on something. Romantic or Creepy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need an opinion on something. Romantic or Creepy?

Ya know how they do on TV where a woman recieves flowers from an unknown "secret admirer"? I was thinking about that yesterday.. and in real life, would it be creepy? or still romantic? if a woman just recieved flowers with no name attached but maybe a short message, that would also hit at to who its from, but not directly. like quoting something they've talked about before or something like that.
    "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Re: Need an opinion on something. Romantic or Creepy?

It would be romantic if the woman knew who it could be from and was interested in the person back. Y'know if it was from a NOT SO SECRET Admirer.

But just a bunch of flowers out of nowhere, when there has been no evidence of interest from anyone up that that point it would be very creepy. X
    "You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me"- CS Lewis

https://www.facebook.com/KimberlyHagenART

Comment

It depends. IMO:If its someone you've talked to and shows interest and have flirted with and such, and you know is single...romantic, as long as you make is a friendly/flirty sort of gesture (nothing terribly expensive like a dozen roses). If its someone you barely talk to, or is married, etc...I think it would be awkward.
      Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
      sigpic

Comment

If the woman likes the guy then it's romantic. If she doesn't then it's creepy.
        [4:82]

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
          It depends. IMO:If its someone you've talked to and shows interest and have flirted with and such, and you know is single...romantic, as long as you make is a friendly/flirty sort of gesture (nothing terribly expensive like a dozen roses). If its someone you barely talk to, or is married, etc...I think it would be awkward.
          Yes. this ^.

A delivery guy sending flowers to someone on his route to whom he's never spoken is creepy, but a "friend" showing interest through a cute little tease-trick can be romantic.
          Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Dumuzi View Post
            If the woman likes the guy then it's romantic. If she doesn't then it's creepy.
            I go with this. Some women would think, "Awww, how romantic!"

Most women these days would be a little frightened & be worried about having a stalker. Nowadays, there needs to be two forms of ID, a retinal scan, some fingerprint verification, and a DNA sample that has been run through the FBI/Kremlin/MI5/Interpol databases, and a facebook page using your real name and photo. Then the romantic gestures can start.
            The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWitch View Post
              It would be romantic if the woman knew who it could be from and was interested in the person back. Y'know if it was from a NOT SO SECRET Admirer.

But just a bunch of flowers out of nowhere, when there has been no evidence of interest from anyone up that that point it would be very creepy. X
              Totally agreed.

Also, depends on the woman too....not all women are the same. Some don't really have as much of a romantic side, others are hopeless romantics. I am a pretty romantic lady at heart so I stand by the above, but like Kim said I'd definitely prefer if it was still pretty obvious who it was (if not directly stated). As much of a romantic as I can be, I've been stalked before and it's NOT nice and so I'm wary of unknown attention. But, everyone is different...there's unfortunately no 'one size fits all' approach to attracting women.

Comment

Me personally, I'd be a bit creeped out. I can't think of anyone offhand who would send me flowers, so my first thought would be "oh no, stalker!".
                Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by thalassa View Post
                  ^ This is petty much what I would have said.

If I got flowers from an anonymous person out of the blue and had no idea who it could be from I probably wouldn't assume stalker immediately but I would think it was a little creepy.
                  http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

When I was in high school, I received a "candygram" on Valentine's Day two years in a row; they consisted of a scarlet carnation and a small bag of chocolates. The cards simply read "From a friend." To this day I still don't know who sent them, but at the time it made me feel skeptical. I still assume that it was somebody who felt sorry for me and didn't want me to feel left out. I was pretty unpopular in high school.

Then again, maybe it was just somebody who didn't have the balls to tell me they liked me...the only two people in school who ever indicated they liked me - one girl and one boy, both rather ugly - had their friends tell me rather than telling me directly.
                    Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
                    -Erik Erikson

Comment

Originally posted by perzephone View Post
                      I go with this. Some women would think, "Awww, how romantic!"

Most women these days would be a little frightened & be worried about having a stalker. Nowadays, there needs to be two forms of ID, a retinal scan, some fingerprint verification, and a DNA sample that has been run through the FBI/Kremlin/MI5/Interpol databases, and a facebook page using your real name and photo. Then the romantic gestures can start.
                      Hey, some of that stems from having so many stalkers :P

As for the OP, I agree it depends. I'd be very careful about what the message contains too, because sometimes that is where the creepiness lies.
                      my etsy store
                      My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
                      surrounded by plush, downy things,
                      ill prepared, but willing,
                      to descend."

Comment

For me, the only time I wouldn't be creeped out, would be Valentine's Day. If I were single, I would be pretty pleased to receive flowers from a secret admirer on Feb 14th.
                        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Wuuuuuuut? Everyone says they'd be creeped out? I'd be totes for it, but i guess i'm not yer average female. i think the only way i'd be creeped out by it is if the message said " see you on ur way to ur car >:3 "
                          "The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."
                          -The table at the cafe

Comment

Originally posted by WhiskeyJack View Post
                            Wuuuuuuut? Everyone says they'd be creeped out? I'd be totes for it, but i guess i'm not yer average female. i think the only way i'd be creeped out by it is if the message said " see you on ur way to ur car >:3 "

tempting.... but if i knew the girl more likely i'd put something like "please trim the bushes outside your window"
                            "Sometimes bad things happen, and theres nothing you can do about it, so why worry?" ~ Timon

Comment

Originally posted by Dufonce View Post
                              Ya know how they do on TV where a woman recieves flowers from an unknown "secret admirer"? I was thinking about that yesterday.. and in real life, would it be creepy? or still romantic? if a woman just recieved flowers with no name attached but maybe a short message, that would also hit at to who its from, but not directly. like quoting something they've talked about before or something like that.
                              Who cares what it is? I do what I do when I wish to do it; if you own it, then virtually anything you do becomes sexy and attractive. Send it and play the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X