"Tired" skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Tired" skin

Then I can only assume it is the weather and central heating. Maybe it will clear up in the Spring?
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I hope so...I think it's also hormonal...I've gone through some pretty crazy hormonal things over the past 2 years and I've been on 3 different pills in that time. The one I'm on now started off well, but my bra size shrunk a whole cup, my periods are totally out of whack (I didn't even get one this month, and I'm 100% sure I'm not preggars) and my skin and hair look like they did when I was 13. Great....

Comment

Yet again, I can totally relate to that (I also have your super sensitivity to cold btw, I never replied to your thread on that but I took a lot of notes from it). I was lucky if i had 4 periods in a year until I started taking the pill. Now they are light, but still somehow painful and sometimes don't come at all. If it's any consolation, I once spoke to a dermatologist about my skin and she said people with oily skin in adulthood, tend not to age as quickly as others, so maybe we are lucky?

Anyway, I'm just about to try the lemon thing. Gonna stay logged in so I can comment.

---------- Post added at 09:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 AM ----------

Well, not bad. I'm going to bed now so I'll see what it's like when I wake, but my skin does feel good. I think I must have had a spot though because my right cheek is really stinging! Oh and best of all, although it may be too soon to say, it seems as though it has lightened the dark circles around my eyes. Gosh I hope so. I have these circles no matter what I do and although feature wise, I have quite a baby face, these circles really age me. It's crazy, I didn't go right up to my eyes because it would be pretty painful if I got lemon and sugar in them, and you can actually see where I missed because the skin is still darker. Could be a trick of the light I guess. Will see when I wake.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

I tried it as well...I liked the results!

I also bought this stuff called BB cream, because I kept reading Australian beauty blogs and I guess it's really big there, and I have to use it under foundation (because it makes my skin a bit shiny, and also because I'm in Germany they don't sell any porcelain colours and it's a bit dark) and it somehow evens out some of the red, brightens it up, zaps the oil a tad (though not completely by any means) and moisturizes. I don't know how a 10 Euro drug store product did it, but I liked it!

I read that about oily skin as well....I guess you're right, we should count ourselves lucky!

Comment

I'm a bit of an addict of the lemon and sugar thing now. I'm only doing it weekly because my skin gets pretty angry if I scrub it too often, but I'm getting great results and the dark circles under my eyes are massively improved now!

I'll have to see about getting some of that BB cream. It sounds really good.

Lets hope we're right about the age thing! People do tell me I look young for 29, but I'm hearing that less and less, and I die a little inside when I go to a bar and they don't ask me to prove my age!

Comment

Haha me too...last time I was in Canada I didn't get carded, which means I could pass for over 25 (I was just shy of my 26th birthday at the time). I did get carded once though and she was shocked that I was legal and asked what I did to my skin, but still....it was just once :/

People still think I'm a tad younger though. Most people at in my department at work are 22-24 and people just assumed I was the same age. I don't really dress like I'm in my early 20s though...I tend to wear more expensive fabrics, tailored styles and vintage pieces (70s and earlier...no 80s).

Comment

Oh indeed! I cannot deny how much of my perceived age is down to how I dress. Although I don't dress like I came out of a packet of liqorice allsorts every day. I try to buy good quality clothes and some companies/brands do make fantastic items in children's sizes, but they are never as good quality as the same items in adult sizes. I can SOMETIMES get away with petit, but these are usually either a little too short or a little too wide on the shoulders. This is one reason why I tend to take an empty case with me to Japan (the other being the 100yen store in Machida).. I can buy off the hanger there and it's heaven. Almost all my bras are from Japan or Hong Kong as it seems only Asian girls are my size.

I'm not sure what I will do when I start to look too old to dress in these clothes. Some would probably say I already am too old. I had better keep using that lemon scrub and get myself some BB cream to put off the inevitable as long as possible.

Comment

Can totally relate! I'm too short for clothing in Germany (even though I'm a tad tall for petite sizes as well), and so trousers always sit too high, shoulders are too high and wide, and it's all a kind of fit that's a pain to alter. I do fit clothing in the UK and France at least, as I have an hourglass figure.

Canada is also hard...some stores make small sizes, but some sizes are HUGE. Especially American stores.

Comment

Ah yes, buying clothes was a nightmare in Germany. The Germans I knew were also very actively against me wearing children's clothes, as though it was a huge social faux pas. They literally would not allow me to leave my room until I was wearing something they considered grown up!
                    Last edited by Jembru; 18 Jan 2012, 03:17.

Comment

I just always say 'screw 'em' when it comes to that stuff...it's like having fun wellies with prints on them! Might not be the norm here, but Berlin is supposed to be 'non conformist' (which isn't really true, but that's the image anyway) so I like to call them on it.

At least I get to London sometimes. And some Canadian shops are good as well when I go. And most UK stores ship for really cheap to Germany....and I make most of my own clothes anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                        I swear, working in an office sucks the life out of me
                        Maybe it's the (fluorescent?) lighting? Can you do your work near a window where there is more natural sunlight?
                        In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                          I just always say 'screw 'em' when it comes to that stuff...it's like having fun wellies with prints on them! Might not be the norm here, but Berlin is supposed to be 'non conformist' (which isn't really true, but that's the image anyway) so I like to call them on it.

At least I get to London sometimes. And some Canadian shops are good as well when I go. And most UK stores ship for really cheap to Germany....and I make most of my own clothes anyway!
                          I was in Bavaria though.. don't think I need to say anymore ^^

The wellies made me smile, I was wearing some patterned wellies yesterday and felt ever so pretty. I'd never have got away with that in Augsburg.

I'd actually said in my last thread, that if you ever wanted to shop in the North of England, where it's way, way cheaper, JP and I would host you. But then I deleted it because it seemed kinda dodgy. It was well-meant though and people do couch surfing all the time, so sod it.. the offer is there if you ever fancy seeing the North (and stuffing your case with cool clothes.. although I'd have to do some research into vintage outlets).

Comment

I may take you up on that some day! I'm a couch surfer (I'm on the couch surfing site) and I host as well, so if you want to visit Berlin I'd host you as well!

Comment

*cough*
                              Originally posted by Oshii View Post
                              Maybe it's the (fluorescent?) lighting? Can you do your work near a window where there is more natural sunlight?
                              *cough*
                              In answer to the question of why it happened, I offer the modest proposal that our Universe is simply one of those things which happen from time to time. ~~ Edward P. Tryon

Comment

Ah sorry didn't see that.

And no, I get no choice where I sit at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X