This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Toruble finding my male deities

Hello everyone! Im new to this forum, and im really excited to share my faith and learn and explore everything!
    So i chose the pagan faith a month or two ago and found that I was very comfortable with it. Ive been researching paganism, and deities and how its more of a natural religion, and I love that. My only issue is, i find that i can really connect to my Goddess(s), but i find trouble connecting with males god(s). Im not sure why, it may be because im not a really masculin kind of guy, or because ive been bullied by guys a lot when i was younger. I have always been pulled towards women, and how comforting my mother or girlfriend make me feel, compared to the guys in my life. I feel that its important to have that male presence though, almost a ying and yang balance sort of thing when i think of the divine spirit. Does anybody have any suggestions?
    Thank you in advance

Re: Toruble finding my male deities

Have you tried simply asking if there is a particular god interested in you? Don't worry if things don't work out the way you want them to right away...a couple of months is a really short time!
    Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Maybe Hermes?

He's not so much a forceful god as he is a clever one. And he generally mixes pretty well with female deities...

He will play tricks with you, though.
      Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

I agree with Dez - you may just need to put the desire out there.

But you really don't have to work with a Goddess and a God. If the time isn't right, or if you just don't need a certain deity's presence in your life, They probably will leave you be. It's like saying, "oh, I have Aphrodite watching over me, but I really need a 'dark' Goddess to balance me out. Maybe I should supplicate Kali?"

In the life of the spirit, you don't need to rush into things. Just go with the flow and grow at your own natural pace.
        The forum member formerly known as perzephone. Or Perze. I've shed a skin.

Comment

If you feel that it's necessary to have both masculine and feminine divinity in your path, then I would suggest that you first enter a meditative state and, as Dez suggested, ask if any male gods are interested in working with you and wait for a response. If there isn't one, then perhaps you should meditate on all that it means to be a man - not just the physical characteristics of a man, but how men feel emotions, how we think, what it means to be a religious or spiritual man.

Perhaps try working with tools that have qualities of both male and female, masculine and feminine. For example, a wand is male due to its phallic shape, but feminine in nature because of its relative gentility - it invites or encourages, as opposed to a knife or sword, which commands or threatens. A pentacle is female because of its roundness, but masculine in nature because it cannot contain as the womb-like cup can. It can, however, hold things upon it, and offer things to others, like a plate; it teaches that being masculine sometimes means being receptive.
          Children love and want to be loved and they very much prefer the joy of accomplishment to the triumph of hateful failure. Do not mistake a child for his symptom.
          -Erik Erikson

Comment

I found Hermes to be an awesome one. Never plays ticks with me, as someone had suggested, but definitely saves my butt constantly. he's pretty laid back, imo.
            "The Bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame."
            -The table at the cafe

Comment

Take my reply with a grain of salt. I don't think in the terms you've laid out in your question. Nevertheless, I have a suggestion. Before seeking a male deity, you may want to explore the principle of masculinity. Engage in activities that speak to you of manhood. They don't have to speak to anyone else of manhood, and they don't have to be pursued exclusively by men.

Comment

Working...
              X