This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mind travel.

hello everyone, I want to get anyones opinion and see if anyone does this. You may call it something different than I do.

what I am talking about is mind traveling. Ive been trying to Astral Project for a long time now and just havent gotten any success. I thought maybe astral projection isnt set or right for me. I still try it once in awhile. I was looking in a book of mine and found a subject called mind traveling. Mind traveling in my words is, going into deep relaxation and travel to different places on the inner astral realms, through your minds eye. When some do guided mediations or pathworkings and seeing there journey through there minds eye, I see that as mind traveling. Or when you get into deep relaxation and 'see' your body floating and traveling to places you know on the physical. Has anyone ever done any type of mind traveling before, like going to your friends house, or parents house to see how they are doing etc. If so how do you travel on the inner astral realms. (is what I call it) thanks and blessed be

Re: Mind travel.

You might want to research 'remote viewing'. I think it is a similar technique. Also, while I don't disbelieve in astral projection, I think A LOT of the literature on it is exaggerated. A lot of students are put off by the fact that their mind remains aware during astral travel, but I think for many, this is the most they will achieve, at least for a long time.

I stopped trying to learn because I get fearful. There is a horrible sensation comes over me. I see lots of squares of colour and there is a ringing sound and a feeling as though I have been punched in the face. I automatically start to try to thrash around and for a few seconds, can't move my limbs and feel real terror. Sure, this might be a normal part of the process, but I don't think it is worth going through this just to be able to move around without my body (which I do not believe I would stop being physically aware of anyway, despite what the authors claim).

Remote viewing is a far safer, easier and pretty fun method. Again, don't expect mind-blowing results. I've heard it was (or still is), used by the military in some places.

I'm not sure if it is quite what you mean, but I regularly visit my own special piece of the astral. I see through my eyes and it is very, very vivid, like a dream, but I am aware of my body. I get caught up in the adventures to the point that I stop thinking about my body, but I always know I can wake up at any moment I chose and I'm quite safe. I don't believe my soul leaves my body and travels to this place. I believe there is a part of my mind, that is already there, operating on that level, so all I need to do is turn inwards.

I'm not sure if this helps, but good luck researching and learning the techniques. Just don't demand too much from the experience or you could end up missing the forest for the trees!
    Last edited by Jembru; 10 Jan 2012, 17:04.
    夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

This did help
      and ya I was kind of reffering to remote viewing in a way. And ya the whole part on not believing your soul leaves your body but part of your self is there, could be like your higherself is always on that plane of existance? (is what I am guessing)I think the mind travel, remoteviewing is far more safer, and easy like you said. I also see the subconious kind of like part of deity, and part of the spirit realm. So when we got to these places we are sending our conciousness to the subconcious and meet with the higherself in the subcinious inner astral realm type thing. Its hard to explain in a waY. thanks for replying tho

Comment

Hi.

To answer whether I do this, I try. I'm not sure if it was RV, AP, or a hallucination, but I have one count of accomplishing something of the sort, and it was while I was getting a root canal several years ago. Just seemed to pop out of my skull and watch from the corner of the room. Apologies, but I have no "evidence" to verify the result. At the time, injection in my mouth had me numbed up real good but no gas or anything, and I have not been able to repeat since then, no provable (to myself) successes before or since. And unfortunately no helpful details from that day. on that note...

Like you, been working at it for a while. Actually, you may be further along than me, but I have a couple notes that happen to be handy sitting next to me so I'll jot them off here, might be helpful who knows. I try to practice when I get time, rarely, but this week I've had some time in the evenings so I keep my notes close. Originally, I would silence my mind, then try to numb my body to the point where I could not feel it. Body would fall asleep just fine, even heard myself snoring once, but never got anywhere with that approach.

I think AP and RV are really facets of the same thing. AP claims, as Jembro said, always seem exaggerated and I've never been able to verify a claim with a simple test. People really don't like being tested, but they tell a good story. I'm very interested in the subject though so if you have any ideas or whatnot or just want to bounce techique ideas off of eachother sometime I'm game.

--the geckgo

Comment

Working...
        X