Pagan Pen Pals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pagan Pen Pals

I know we did a holiday card exchange at the end of the last year, but I joined the board too late to feel comfortable about being involved. But I've been wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a pen pal type of thing.

I love writing letters and have had pen pals since my early teens. There's a really special feeling that comes from getting an actual letter, instead of just a text message or an email.

Would anyone be interested in this?
    Army of Darkness: Guardians of the Chat

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Re: Pagan Pen Pals

It sounds like an interesting idea, definitely.

Also, I just noticed this, but I used to have what you have in your signature in my signature waaaay back when PF first started. It is one of my absolute favorite quotes of all time
    It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
    -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

This is a nice idea. I'd better wait until I get my new place, because things are a bit unstable for me right now. I used to frequently write to overseas friends. I love buying pretty writing sets and sending my friends silly hand made gifts and things. I realised recently that I'd let this habit slip, so I'm pretty keen to get back onto it. I'll wonder back to this thread as soon as I have a permanent address.
      夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Originally posted by kijani View Post
        Also, I just noticed this, but I used to have what you have in your signature in my signature waaaay back when PF first started. It is one of my absolute favorite quotes of all time
        Mine too! It's actually one of the quotes that helped to set me down this path.

Originally posted by Jembru View Post
        This is a nice idea. I'd better wait until I get my new place, because things are a bit unstable for me right now. I used to frequently write to overseas friends. I love buying pretty writing sets and sending my friends silly hand made gifts and things. I realised recently that I'd let this habit slip, so I'm pretty keen to get back onto it. I'll wonder back to this thread as soon as I have a permanent address.
        I'm actually planning on moving some time this year, but I will have the advantage of being able to retrieve mail from the old address if anything comes up. And I already have a pack of stationary that's been in a drawer for years, just waiting to be used!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'd love to do it....sounds like fun!

Comment

Habbalah, the same goes for me! But yes, I definitely think that this is something that is doable. Although I too won't be where I'm at for too long, lol.
            It's a really, really cool thing, to be able to show people that you can be yourself, and you should be proud of yourself, and you should own who you are and what you're about, and never make apologies for it.
            -Adam Lambert

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Comment

Bizarrely this was something I was only thinking about the other day. I would love to be involved in this to.
              http://thefeministpagan.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I think this is pretty cool!

I was actually thinking of suggesting Valentines....as a sort of secret santa thing (secret cupid?). We could do it like we did the matchbox shrine exchange, where one person collects the names and addresses and draws each person a recipient for some little (under $5 and shippable) treat/card/gift (if you weren't here when we did that, it was pretty cool and we should probably try it again some time).

I also wanted to try a post card exchange for this summer--basically like the Christmas cards, but with your local post cards (and post card stamps are cheaper).
                Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
                sigpic

Comment

I like the idea of a secret Valentine's day thing, and I'd be up for a summer post card deal as well!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'll be in Canada in the summer and possibly in Denmark in Sept....so I could send some cool post cards (aside from a Germany one, which would be a given)....a postcard exchange I could send one but if we do the penpal thing I'll send them all!

If we get this going by April someone also gets a postcard from Sardinia (Italy).

Comment

Ooh. If you get some from Italy, I want one with one of the pretty cathedrals on it!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

I'll try, though I'm not sure what is in Sardinia yet...so far it seems to be an absolute mix of everything I want to do: prehistoric ruins, roman/other ancient ruins, medieval and renaissance towns, art, food, outdoors, sports, beaches, etc. I'm not sure exactly what of those things I'll get up to, but as someone who likes everything I'm going to try to do it all! Anyway I want to play it by ear but I will try to send you a cathedral postcard!

Sorry about the long post about a really simple answer...I'm just so stoked about going. I found out it's really hard to get around without a car there, and I only have a Canadian license (and no international driving permit, which means I can't rent a car), so I'm going to rent a bike and for some reason it just feels like the best thing ever.

Comment

I'm excited for you! I hope you had fun!

Honorary Nord.

Habbalah Vlogs

Comment

Originally posted by DanieMarie View Post
                            I'll try, though I'm not sure what is in Sardinia yet...so far it seems to be an absolute mix of everything I want to do: prehistoric ruins, roman/other ancient ruins, medieval and renaissance towns, art, food, outdoors, sports, beaches, etc. I'm not sure exactly what of those things I'll get up to, but as someone who likes everything I'm going to try to do it all! Anyway I want to play it by ear but I will try to send you a cathedral postcard!

Sorry about the long post about a really simple answer...I'm just so stoked about going. I found out it's really hard to get around without a car there, and I only have a Canadian license (and no international driving permit, which means I can't rent a car), so I'm going to rent a bike and for some reason it just feels like the best thing ever.
                            Canada in the summer? West coast?

And not only do I like this idea, but I actually DO this idea. Bjorn and I have been penpals for over two years now.

Mostly art.

Comment

I think the pen pal idea would be fun. I would love to participate. I also think the Valentine's exchange and Summer post card ideas are awesome.

Comment

Working...
                              X