thought id share something about scrying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thought id share something about scrying

Okay this has been inside my mind all day. I scry often to connect with my guides and with the gods. I use a crystal ball, however I been in those situations where I am staying over at different home than mine and I cant haul my crystal ball over.(Obviously lol plus it would be a pain) Or those times when you have the need to scry because you feel some type of being pulled to feeling, but your crystal ball isnt there(maybe by a guide or your subconious) . I dont know if any of you have that, but if you do I just thought of something and never tried it. Okay so if any of you have cell phones this will probally work. People use cell phones (not all) all the time, to call people or they usually have it on them. I thought now if you want to live a magical life you can turn your cell phone into a magical tool. You can make it a scrying vessel. You turn off your phone so you wont get any calls or text messages. Then you go into a low light setting (maybe a bath room or something) and then you would do just like its a crystal ball. Like the screen is where you focus your concious mind so you can get messages. I dont know why I thought of posting this, but I just thought it was fancinating and wanted to share it with some people. I thought of trying it, but wanted to share it with you to experiement with me at the same time. Lol I dont know if this will be useful just thought I wanted to get this out there.

Anywho blessed be and any comments on this ? thanks!

Re: thought id share something about scrying

It makes sense. Virtually anything can be used to scry so a cell phone isn't actually a far fetched idea. Very creative!
    Circe

Comment

That sounds pretty inspired, maybe by the gods themselves? After all, even though They are ancient, we humans do like our shiny tools.

--Then you go into a low light setting (maybe a bath room or something) and then you would do just like its a crystal ball. Like the screen is where you focus your concious mind so you can get messages.--

Even though I don't scry myself, this is the first time I've read it in a way that makes sense to me.

If you try it, let us know how it worked.

Comment

I really like your idea Wind. I've never thought to do that, but I have used my mobile for other things related to my path. For example, I have it by my bed (I know this is bad, but I use the alarm on it), so if I have a dream, I'll quickly draught a text with keywords that will help jog my memory when I'm not half asleep and can think about it. This USUALLY works, but sometimes it makes no sense to me at all. Another thing I do, is use the voice recorder or video, to record myself speaking a guided meditation for self-hypnosis.

Originally posted by turningtides View Post
        That sounds pretty inspired, maybe by the gods themselves? After all, even though They are ancient, we humans do like our shiny tools.
        This is an idea I'm currently exploring actually. While researching Brigantia and Bregans, I realised that a lot of Brythonic Celtic deities were associated with smithcraft. While I care about historical accuracy, I am no recreationist and like to live very much in the present. Naturally, I believe my Gods want the same. So I was thinking; if they were associated with smithcraft in the Iron Age, when this was considered advanced technology, could they still have a liking for technology in this modern 'Electronic Age'. Was it progression of mankind and their ability to make and work with tools, that roused the interest of these gods?.

Didn't you say you had a particular interest in Celtic deities Wind? Could there be a clue here? Of course, my dear Green Man couldn't give a stuff about my netbook or mobile. He just wants me out in the fresh air!
        Last edited by Jembru; 13 Jan 2012, 02:23.
        夕方に急なにわか雨は「夕立」と呼ばれるなら、なぜ朝ににわか雨は「朝立ち」と呼ばれないの? ^^If a sudden rain shower in the evening is referred to as an 'evening stand', then why isn't a shower in the morning called 'morning stand'?

Comment

Thank you everyone for replying Ill let you guys know tonight if it works. I am going to try it in my bathroom pretending im at another home. (Like a little practice drill aha)

and Jembru, you have very interesting information I did say I like the green man, so I do like the celtic gods. I did say I also like egptian and then I said I didnt. My mind makes up its mind so much, it goes from one thing to another. Just like my BOS I turned it on my memory stick now (cause I didnt want to waste paper) my mind is soo, I dont know, It changes. I think it changed back to the goddess bast. It always comes back to her, Idk, its weird. I was doing a scrying session on the full moon, and I say a jackal head in it. I was like huh? then anubis. I asked bast to show me. however I still like the green man. Its so confusing lol. And ya I try to be in the fresh air, but its winter, and in winter I usually study!, if you have anything or any information you want to share with me you can post it in that private message I sent awhile back. Blessings to all and hope you guys enjoy your weekend

Comment

For a while I'd scry with my television set. Will have to try the cellphone now...
            my etsy store
            My blog

"...leave me curled up in my ball,
            surrounded by plush, downy things,
            ill prepared, but willing,
            to descend."

Comment

ahaha thats awesome. I am going to try a tv as well . Cell phones are on the go mirrors aha

Comment

Working...
              X