X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Make Your Own Tarot Box!

Part I: The Black Box
    Attached Files
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:28 PM ----------

Part II: I Felt It (did you?).
    Every moment of a life is a horrible tragedy, a slapstick comedy, dark nihilism, golden illumination, or nothing at all; depending on how we write the story we tell ourselves.

Comment

Re: Make Your Own Tarot Box!

AWESOME DIY project...

Thanks again Corbin!

Comment

Thanks!

It starts looking sharp once the felt lining is added. I've got the pics for that part done, and hope to post it tonight.

Comment

Nice job. I made a box for my Tarot out of leather.

Comment

Lovely!!

You can probably get boxes like this at your local craft store as well. I made a matching beaded jewelry set one year for my mom and put it in its own decorated box like that (hello, ModPodge!). Michaels and Ben Franklin (ooh, there is a BF in Yorktown!!)--even JoAnn's, which is more of a fabric store has a wood stuff section.
            Wonderful Life: The Burgess Shale and the Nature of HistoryPagan Devotionals, because the wind and the rain is our Bible
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Eorodraca View Post
              Nice job. I made a box for my Tarot out of leather.
              Very cool! Can you post a picture?

Thalassa - yeah, if you happen to live near civilization, you can get these at craft stores. There is a JoAnn's, where I have seen them at times.

But they are very easy to get in assorted sizes, either from a local sotre or over the internet.

P.S. There may be some Modpodge around here in the near future...

---------- Post added at 06:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:37 AM ----------

Well, hopefully my less than adequate internet connection will let me post this...

Part II: I Felt It (did you?)Part III: Everybody Must Get Stoned

Comment

Very cool! Geez, now I have another project on my list... :/
                The Pagan Porch - a Pagan Homesteading forum

Sand Holler Farm Blog - aren't you just dying to know what I do all day?

Comment

Wow, Corbin, that's beautiful!
                  Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Thanks, Madness & Dez!

Wait till you see it with the tiles on. I have the pattern laid out, and it looks pretty sharp.

These little stone tiles I'm using are very nice - they have a nice tactile quality; not hard and smooth, not sharp and rough, but kind of "soft" as if they have very, very short fuzz on them. I was thinking that if somebody wanted to make a rune set, these would be a real good choice. A person could paint the rune on with nail polish, which would last for a long time.

Comment

Bloody Hughes.net! I've been trying to post this since Sunday night...

Part III: Everybody Must Get Stoned

Comment

Man, Corbin, that's beautiful.
                        Great Grandmother's Kitchen

Comment

Thanks, Dez. I think I'll put this one up for sale on my website, and see what happens...

Comment

Really like the project!

Comment

Thanks!

I have a few more of these boxes. I'm going to try a couple of other things - I've figured out a clever way to hide a secret compartment...

No, it's not a false bottom... Much more clever... I'll show you how it works when I get back to doing boxes.

Comment

Working...
                              X